Buc-ee's

I've started skipping Bucees during daylight hours. Too busy and too much time to get in/out. Sandwiches aren't cheap any more.

I'll stop in over night or super early if I need gas or a drink.

Also, many people aren't aware you can refill any washable cup for $0.69. Got a huge gallon thermos? $0.69 to fill it.
We usually stop on our way home from shows in Knox/Shed. It's still plenty busy at 1230 but manageable comparatively

Here's my moment to say I no longer understand this world. My relatives in TX always talk about Buc-ee's, which is basically a Love's station on steroids. I'm thinking, what the hell is the big deal? Y'all love snacks that much? I've had plenty of what they bring back from the store. It was good but it didn't knock my socks off.

On our way to Gulf Shores, AL this past Saturday, we were passing one and opted not to go in because it was nearly 9 pm and there were like 50 cars there.

We planned to go on our way out of town and I **** you not, I would guess there were 500 cars there. It was a massive traffic jam just trying to pull in. So we headed up the road and stopped at Cracker Barrel. WTF is wrong with people? How can the value proposition be that high? And who had the bright idea to sink big money into a gas station the size of a strip mall? Hats off to that guy. **** if I'll ever understand it. Who here loves Buc-ee's and can explain to me what I'm not understanding?
I liked this because I've never been in one and we're getting one relatively close but not open yet. A couple coworkers just swear by them and think they're the greatest thing ever. I haven't read through this thing yet but this post I quoted is exactly how i feel right now. lol

I liked this because I've never been in one and we're getting one relatively close but not open yet. A couple coworkers just swear by them and think they're the greatest thing ever. I haven't read through this thing yet but this post I quoted is exactly how i feel right now. lol

I have to admit that it is the best gas station experience on earth except that you risk a Disneyland-sized crowd and I rarely am up for braving a crowd.

We stop at both the Calhoun & Warner Robins locations whenever going to south Georgia. Nice break. Wife likes to peruse things.

I like the brisket sandwiches.

Went for the first time at the Richmond, Kentucky location. Got the cheesesteak burrito and banana pudding. Both were very good, definitely going back.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Stopped at one the other day got the steak n egg large breakfast burrito and some fudge it was very good for gas station food.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I like it. Been here longer than anywhere else…29 years.

It’s just my distain for how they nickel and dime business in TX. It’s actually easier for us to do business in CA than it is TX.

We pass two Bucee's in GA going to Valdosta to visit gran kids. N GA and S GA on I75. Normally get the sliced brisket sammich. Coming back from xmas, got the three meater. Monster sammich and still pretty darn good. My favorite of all is the home made bucee tater chips. Those two locations typically hit the restroom break intervals.

We stopped by at the one in Crossville on the way home from South Car. game, it wasn't crowded. Plenty of clean restrooms and brisket sandwich very good.
Those rest rooms are rather awesome.

Attachments

• Buc-ees Men's Room.jpg
    Buc-ees Men's Room.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back