Buc-ee's

Would strongly advise everyone to avoid the one in Sevierville on Sunday mornings. Stopped in for gas and a few snacks on my way home from South Carolina a few weeks ago, and between the amount of people at Bucee’s and the standstill on the Parkway of people leaving from the weekend, it took me well over an hour to get back to 40 from the gas pumps.

Reactions: SpecialKVolfan20
A gas station with great superchargers, better food than fast food restaurants, and abundant super-clean restrooms.
the food, all deep fried and processed crap, is housed at the middle to rear. pick-a-number style, restaurant then wait in line while the 2500 people waiting in line run into you. Clean shitters.

I can get that at Davy Crockett Travel Center.

Reactions: SuggsOrMatthews
the food, all deep fried and processed crap, is housed at the middle to rear. pick-a-number style, restaurant then wait in line while the 2500 people waiting in line run into you. Clean shitters.

Do you know if most TA and Petro in US are clean?

Almost nothing is deep fried. Where are you even getting that?

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
From spending $100 on t shirts and carnival food, on way to Disney.
The chips and maybe the hand pies are deep fried. Nothing else is. There's bbq, a deli sandwiches, beef jerky, cups of fruit and veg, candied nuts and yes plenty of packaged stuff. But I'm not sure they even have a deep fryer on site and I've been a lot. Saying everything is deep fried is just objectively false.

The chips and maybe the hand pies are deep fried. Nothing else is. There's bbq, a deli sandwiches, beef jerky, cups of fruit and veg, candied nuts and yes plenty of packaged stuff. But I'm not sure they even have a deep fryer on site and I've been a lot. Saying everything is deep fried is just objectively false.
I equate crap food to deep fried crap. Bar food, covenient food. I dont get it. Again, my opinion. I dont understand the cult following.

It is something to experience, but as far as stopping constantly, not for me. That said, I will stop often for beaver nuggets 🤣. Heading to Florida early Monday for a fishing trip, may stop and load up in Macon.

It is something to experience, but as far as stopping constantly, not for me. That said, I will stop often for beaver nuggets 🤣. Heading to Florida early Monday for a fishing trip, may stop and load up in Macon.
I think I’m still picking gooey bits of beaver nuggets out from my molars from our trip in January. But that was just bags that happy stoners fine, upright, tax-paying young folks brought back from their vacation.

I have to admit that I’m intrigued by the brisket.

I think I’m still picking gooey bits of beaver nuggets out from my molars from our trip in January. But that was just bags that happy stoners fine, upright, tax-paying young folks brought back from their vacation.

I have to admit that I’m intrigued by the brisket.
I like it, and it was really good for a gas station sandwich. That said, last time I got the brisket sandwich, it was $13.99, it's not that good 🤣.

I equate crap food to deep fried crap. Bar food, covenient food. I dont get it. Again, my opinion. I dont understand the cult following.
It's fine if you don't get it or care for Buc-ee's. My mom hates it there because of the crowds. I don't understand the cult of Jeeps, amongst other things. I totally get it's not everyone's cup of tea and don't think I'm criticizing you for not joining this or any fandom.

It just undermines your point when the very first thing you criticize is something that isn't happening.

It's fine if you don't get it or care for Buc-ee's. My mom hates it there because of the crowds. I don't understand the cult of Jeeps, amongst other things. I totally get it's not everyone's cup of tea and don't think I'm criticizing you for not joining this or any fandom.

It just undermines your point when the very first thing you criticize is something that isn't happening.
My experience was fried food (fries, chips), bbq, and taquitos. Long lines, overpriced merchandise, its just overrated. I dont get it. Really, I can get gas anywhere. Take a wizz anywhere.

I stand by my rant. Anyway JC Hate, im glad you like it. Just not my cup of tea.

Last edited:
My experience was fried food (fries, chips), bbq, and taquitos. Long lines, overpriced merchandise, its just overrated. I dont get it. Really, I can get gas anywhere. Take a wizz anywhere.

I stand by my rant. Anyway JC Hate, im glad you like it. Just not my cup of tea.
No worries. Based on what you've said we've had different experiences there.

The turkey bbq sandwich is good. So is the 3 meat sandwich. Yes, it’s pretty expensive. The crowds there are ridiculous and rude.

It’s not just deep fried food. That claim is ridiculous. The sandwiches are not deep fried. You can buy salads, pickles, carrots, chicken salad, wraps, bbq, and much more variety. None of that is deep fried.

The turkey bbq sandwich is good. So is the 3 meat sandwich. Yes, it’s pretty expensive. The crowds there are ridiculous and rude.

It’s not just deep fried food. That claim is ridiculous. The sandwiches are not deep fried. You can buy salads, pickles, carrots, chicken salad, wraps, bbq, and much more variety. None of that is deep fried.
The BBQ is absurdly priced for what it is.

I'm there for great snacks. Jerky, Sour balls, sour belts, and crunchy nuts.

1000005086.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: KptVFL

Brisket is deep fried? Don’t know what Bucees YOU are visiting but it sure ain’t mine 😳

I’ve only been to the one in Richmond, Ky, and only twice. Got the brisket sandwich, fudge sampler and a tank of diesel. I liked it. Diesel was the most overpriced of all.

VN Store

Back