BTO’s Purdue Postgame Report

It was really interesting to go back and read BTO’s post game report from our game with Purdue at the beginning of the season. Dalton was just figuring out his role on the team, ZZ was still coming off his injury rehab, JJJ and Santiago were limited contributors, we were totally dominated on the boards, yet we were still in the game right up until the very end.

Dalton has fully grown into his role on this team, ZZ is fully back and better than he ever was previously, JJJ and Santiago are 5th and 6th year seniors with the brass ring within reach, and Tobe has really come on as a fierce rebounder as the year has progressed. I am really getting pumped about our chances with this rematch. I also liked Jay Wright and Bruce Pearl’s post game observations about the Vols ability to push Purdue out of their offensive structure with our perimeter defensive pressure without having to lock down Eddy one on one.

I am pumped with the chances for the Vols. By the way since I am also a graduate of NC State this tournament is really shaping up as a win/win for me.
Interesting way back in November BTO wrote “we really need Vescovi to find his shot”. I guess that turned out to be not necessary after all as that’s been said after just about every game all year, most of them wins.

Interesting way back in November BTO wrote “we really need Vescovi to find his shot”. I guess that turned out to be not necessary after all as that’s been said after just about every game all year, most of them wins.

I still think it’s necessary though if we want to win 3 more games. I don’t think we can win a national title if Vescovi is done. JJJ had a big moment last night. I think Vescovi is going to need one of those before this season is over if we want to reach our goals, especially if our bigs like Aidoo can’t play better than they have.

Et tu BTO? Gawd, I hate this day. Can't end fast enough. Everyone becomes a freaking Richard G West...a curse upon his name.

Et tu BTO? Gawd, I hate this day. Can't end fast enough. Everyone becomes a freaking Richard G West...a curse upon his name.

Danny White fired Kellie Harper today and it will be interesting to see if he goes outside the Lady Volunteers family on this next coaching hire.

If Holly changes her mind and turns down the job Danny White has Tyler Summitt lined up to be the fallback hire.

Debby Jennings will be filling the newly created position Director of DEI for the UTAD.
Thought crossed my mind, but I don't think Tyler is the...well..."type" of coach the program seeks.

You forgot the true #1 point. You aren’t beating an equally matched team very often when the zebras award them 22 more free throws than you. That was the #1 difference in this game.

Reactions: Delmar
No idea who "BTO" is, but the whole thing lacks any credibility just based on this garbage:

Knecht you may be wondering what I mean, he was our best player yesterday, but when looking at him how we were as our go to guy, and potential SEC POY you needed him in that 2nd half and he also disappeared for the most part. Again, overall he had a good game, but we were hoping he’d be the guy to take over when other guys couldn’t hit and yesterday he joined them on the milk carton.

Kid played his guts out for 37 minutes, and because he didn't quite live up to this guy's lofty expectations, he's on a 'milk carton'? Disappeared? I guess we watched different games. I saw a kid who carried the team offensively in a huge game, was the focus of a really good defensive team all day, and put up 37 pts. as the sole offensive weapon. Sorry, but this guy is a clown.

Reactions: EZE
No idea who "BTO" is, but the whole thing lacks any credibility just based on this garbage:

Knecht you may be wondering what I mean, he was our best player yesterday, but when looking at him how we were as our go to guy, and potential SEC POY you needed him in that 2nd half and he also disappeared for the most part. Again, overall he had a good game, but we were hoping he’d be the guy to take over when other guys couldn’t hit and yesterday he joined them on the milk carton.

Kid played his guts out for 37 minutes, and because he didn't quite live up to this guy's lofty expectations, he's on a 'milk carton'? Disappeared? I guess we watched different games. I saw a kid who carried the team offensively in a huge game, was the focus of a really good defensive team all day, and put up 37 pts. as the sole offensive weapon. Sorry, but this guy is a clown.

Uhhh…

Bachman-Turner Overdrive

Reactions: Adam2014
I look at Aidoo sitting there on the bench with 3 fouls at the 10 minute mark and say, get in there and get to the spot first. No one knocks you off that spot, push his ass into the upper deck and get him angry. Then flop when he comes back at you. It was just too easy, gotta get that adrenaline flowing. Something, anything, just do something.

That statement is pitiful and doesn’t deserve a comment. Normally BTO is spot on but he missed on that one.

You are right. Guy scored 15+ in the second half and tied it up late. Got no help. Just missed his last two threes.

Note to OP. His teammates didn’t show up.

Reactions: sami

VN Store

Back