Bryce Brown top UT recruit all-time

I feel like Riggs Jr a Lamarcus Coker were around the same time and both were disappointing not seeing them truly shine like they could have...

I know nothing and claim to know nothing but my opinion is that Kiffin was going to play the incoming freshmen, when possible, rather than upper classmen.
"Hey, come to U.T. and as a freshman, you can get meaningful playing time and maybe even start"
Morley probably wasn't having it, so he was disrespectful to the coaching staff......
Just a guess!!!!!!!!!

I thought Morley flunked out

Jabari Davis was almost as major of a letdown as Bryce was. I honestly thought he was going to be in the Heisman running by his Jr year.

J-Train was what he was due to coaching and having a plethora of Rbs. So they beefed him up and made him a Rb/Fb and the rest was history. He was a dawg in high school in Ga.

Reactions: 1 person
I know nothing and claim to know nothing but my opinion is that Kiffin was going to play the incoming freshmen, when possible, rather than upper classmen.
"Hey, come to U.T. and as a freshman, you can get meaningful playing time and maybe even start"
Morley probably wasn't having it, so he was disrespectful to the coaching staff......
Just a guess!!!!!!!!!

Not true at all D. Mo was starting for The Kiffins and a projected draft pick in the NFL draft. His girl got pregnant and had some issues going on. Old man Monte told him to just call and let them know what was going on. D. Mo took advantage of the situation and abused this. He would pull no shows and then call during practice or after. The last straw was scrimmage day and he was no where to be found, and called 2 days later saying she was in the hospital so he didn't call or show up. Thus Kiffin dismissed him. Old man Monte cried because he said D. Mo was a special talent, but just didn't handle his business.

Reactions: 1 person
Kiffin had Jantzen Jackson getting meaningful playing time. Bryce Brown played a lot and JuJuan James started.
So, KIffin was open to playing freshmen.....
Who would you rather have on the field, Morley or Jackson???? Well, Morley wasn't in favor of losing his starting job to a freshman. If you lose your job to a freshman and you are a senior, I doudt that you go to the NFL... One expection: Bray replaced Matt Simms and he landed on the roster with the Jets, Bills and now the Falcons.... Usually doesn't happen though.

Morley because Morley at the time was a predicted high draft choice. Maybe you have amnesia but Morley was a true ball player at S while he was focused.

Can't blame him for not wanting to play for Dooley

You know, I can't either....at this point. However, who did Brown want to play for? Where did he go and break all sorts of college rushing records at? And while you are at it, where in Canton is his bust?

After I compare what he could have been and what he was,....Maybe I CAN blame him for not wanting to play....for SOMEBODY.

Reactions: 2 people
Morley because Morley at the time was a predicted high draft choice. Maybe you have amnesia but Morley was a true ball player at S while he was focused.

Morley was a freakin' animal when he wasn't in the doghouse. He definitely wasn't a Darden style bust.

Don't use these busts as a weapon against the recruiting services. Talent is talent. These busts have more to do with the coaching than anything else. Good coaches know how separate the wheat from the chaff and also know how to coach players no matter what their star ranking.

Bama and OSU have no trouble at all putting 4 and 5 star players into the NFL. Furthermore they don't require players to have 5star heart. All they ask is that you show up to do your damn job and be willing to take instructions and to be coached up. Nothing more. The solid game planning takes care of everything else. 5 star heart is what you rely on when you have nothing else to rely on. It's a worthless cliche.

VN Store

Back