Bryce Brown top UT recruit all-time

I would really enjoy getting into the process of recruiting for a position. How do they decide who has good character, integrity, work ethic, coachable, developable, heck even a conscience? It is glaringly obvious in cases those in the position to choose for the university aren't necessarily the most qualified to make that call.

Reactions: 1 person
Bryce was supposedly heart broken when Daddy basically forced him to leave UT. Supposedly that's part of why he washed out at K-State, he was miserable. Bad, bad advice from friends/family/handlers

Bryce Brown was NOT top UTs top recruit of all time. He was all the proof you need that recruiting services don't really know jack **** about prospects. The article should be.....Bryce Brown; America's most overhyped recruit of all time....

Reactions: 4 people
Bryce was supposedly heart broken when Daddy basically forced him to leave UT. Supposedly that's part of why he washed out at K-State, he was miserable. Bad, bad advice from friends/family/handlers

There were definitely some family issues. I'll never forget hearing his Dad going on Knoxville radio after the transfer. It was pretty obvious he had a screw loose.

All of those busts' at RB! What anout Derrick Tinsley and Cedrick Houston? I remember all of them and Riggs the next year being highly touted. That first game against Cuse' in 01 I thought we were stacked for years. Then, the next few years they were all running to get tackled!

Yep. Maybe the biggest recruit. Certainlly the biggest bust in UT's history.

Is he at some Kroger these days stocking shelves?

His rushing total for 2009 was only 136 yards less than Alvin Kamara had this past year. He would've been fine if UT hadn't hired Dumbass after Kiffin left. There just weren't many carries to go around that season because Hardesty was balling out.

Reactions: 2 people
Brown's rating as #1 had more to do with the "selection process" he and his handler arranged than his talent. Even Kiffin said he wasn't as good as Trent Richardson coming out of HS.

I would take a 3-star like John Kelly who is willing to work hard for his team rather than a 5-star prima donna who wants to get by on his reputation.

Exactly, maybe Butch isn't as crazy as some make him out to be! You can't always tell, but if all things are equal, or even close, go with the guy with the heart! They''l win out every time!

If we'd hired Ronald McDonald as HC, Brown has to play for Tennessee, where he committed.
No excuse.

That's dumb. The NCAA allows transfers so he doesn't have to do anything. He would have stayed at UT if Dooley wasn't an egomaniac

I know it's way off topic but Cedric Houston was underrated as a Vol.
To believe him and Riggs Jr. Both had 1000 yard seasons together

Peyton Manning, Heath Shuler, Richmond Flowers, Reggie White, Bob Johnson, Willie Gault, Cosey Coleman, Richard Pickins, Condrege Holloway, Chip Kell, Steve Kiner, Frank Emanuel, etc.

Yep. He and OJ Owens are the 1. and 2. biggest busts in UT history

Wasn't Darden the one that supposedly liked to run his mouth and Al Wilson laid him out in practice and said something like he knew Darden was soft after that?

VN Store

Back