Bryce Brown to Eagles

Will be in/around Knoxville alot. Dates and will probably marry a girl my sister went to school with at Anderson County. I've met the dude a few times, quite and well mannered. Hope it works out for the best. I went back and watched some film of him and man, the kid can definitely play. Always moving forward. Wish he would have worked out.

If he is dating a girl from Tennessee, makes you wonder why he ever transferred in the first place. Some really odd choices.

It's a fresh start for him and he needed that.
They won't have a lot of patience with him, like he got in college.
It's either produce or he is looking for another team to pick him up.
The big paycheck will probably go a long way toward that.
His speed and size is impressive though.

Nice man-sized haiku, imo.

Poole had a 1000yd season in the SEC..I don't care what the circumstances are around it.. You don't do that if you belong with a Miami of Ohio or are garbage or any of the other moronic comments I have seen.

The frustration over the last few seasons have clouded some peoples thoughts about many of our players in that time frame.

FACT: Poole = 1000yd SEC season
FACT: Brown = Couldn't take starting job at KSU.

This will be an easy argument to solve at the end of the year when we see who makes/plays/ does anything

and don't get me wrong I have no ill will towards BB.. but for him to get drafted when someone who had a 1000yds in the SEC doesn't is just ridiculous.. JMO

I also want to remind everyone that he did that behind a new line and a brand new coach.. to discount it is just crazy

The people that have to pay for the talent disagree with your assessment. I am sure Poole's agent brought up these points but the NFL probably looked at his film and his work-outs.

Last edited:
My comments aren't baseless and that's what you aren't able to comprehend. And yes, I am a Vol. I graduated from UT. Did you?
Yep, but that doesn't make me any better of a fan than anyone else.

Yes, unless you know the young man personally, your comments are baseless.

Just in case you missed it...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6hhvA12OS4&NR=1&feature=endscreen[/youtube]

McCoy's contract ends this season, Eagles will not pay what he wants to return, so I'm not counting on him returning.

But BB was a 7th rounder and their 9th pick so it maybe was worth the risk.

McCoy signs a 5 year extension today

Brown quit on UT, he quit on KState, and he will quit on the Eagles. Just a matter of time.

He didn't quit on UT. He left Tennessee because his father made him, and forced him to come home and play for Kansas State. His heart wasn't in it at K-State so he didn't care about the game. He probably spent about as much time in Knoxville over the last 2 years as he did in Manhattan, KS. Bryce was a Vol whose bad family situation derailed a potentially productive career.

He didn't quit on UT. He left Tennessee because his father made him, and forced him to come home and play for Kansas State. His heart wasn't in it at K-State so he didn't care about the game. He probably spent about as much time in Knoxville over the last 2 years as he did in Manhattan, KS. Bryce was a Vol whose bad family situation derailed a potentially productive career.
You will never convince the knuckledraggers of this............I hope he does great things in the NFL

Reactions: 3 people
You will never convince the knuckledraggers of this............I hope he does great things in the NFL

Oh no, I must have hurt somebody's feelings?

Knuckledragger huh? And Daddy didnt make Bryce leave Knoxville. If he had so much influence then why didnt he leave earlier, he had his bags packed for months. Besides, Bryce said it was "his" decision to leave, and he didnt even bother meeting with Dooley, now THAT Daddy did have a problem with.

And if Daddy had so much influence on BB, why did he allow him to lay down on KState? 3 carries/16 yards? Thats not exactly what I call protecting your draft stock.

Bryce Brown - VFL! :banghead2:

Reactions: 1 person
Oh no, I must have hurt somebody's feelings?

Knuckledragger huh? And Daddy didnt make Bryce leave Knoxville. If he had so much influence then why didnt he leave earlier, he had his bags packed for months. Besides, Bryce said it was "his" decision to leave, and he didnt even bother meeting with Dooley, now THAT Daddy did have a problem with.

And if Daddy had so much influence on BB, why did he allow him to lay down on KState? 3 carries/16 yards? Thats not exactly what I call protecting your draft stock.

Bryce Brown - VFL! :banghead2:
You think you hurt my feelings because I think you are an ignorant hilljack? Interesting

Reactions: 1 person
I dont really care what you think and personally I never met anybody from Philly that wasnt mentally challenged so maybe that explains it.

internet fight!

1277674144_heinze-camera-punch.gif

Brown quit on UT, he quit on KState, and he will quit on the Eagles. Just a matter of time.
I honestly don't feel he quit on UT he listened to bad advice from family and regretted it. I have a feeling philly is the best situation for the kid. They have a pretty good track record reviving careers lately. Also it's a lot easier to quit an internship than a job paying 6-7 figures.

Imagine if Bryce Brown was a senior in the current Vol offense.

Imagine if Bryce Brown was a senior in the current Vol offense.

I'm not so sure he is talented enough to beat out the other backs on our roster to be honest with you. He wasn't able to win the starting job at K-State last year.

VN Store

Back