Bryce Brown to Eagles

No it isn't. ....Dion Lewis is the 2nd back.

Not according the The Philly.com

-- Running back: LeSean McCoy is the obvious starter and will get the vast majority of touches. After that, though, there is a lot of youth and not much proven ability to play behind him. Dion Lewis got all of 23 carries last year. Then there’s undrafted free agent Chris Polk and seventh round pick Bryce Brown, each of whom has potential but questions. Polk was productive but often injured at Washington. Brown hardly played in college but has size and speed. The backup slot is there for one of these guys to go grab. Each one better work on pass protection – a lack of ability there is a deal breaker for Andy Reid. An e-mailer chided me last week for failing to mention Graig Cooper, so, yeah, he’s in there too. If none of these guys can get the job done, maybe the Eagles take another look at free agent options, though they seem more inclined this year to look within after paying Ronnie Brown to do nearly nothing last season. (At least nothing positive

Eagles roster battles: part 2

Poole had a 1000yd season in the SEC..I don't care what the circumstances are around it.. You don't do that if you belong with a Miami of Ohio or are garbage or any of the other moronic comments I have seen.

The frustration over the last few seasons have clouded some peoples thoughts about many of our players in that time frame.

FACT: Poole = 1000yd SEC season
FACT: Brown = Couldn't take starting job at KSU.

This will be an easy argument to solve at the end of the year when we see who makes/plays/ does anything

and don't get me wrong I have no ill will towards BB.. but for him to get drafted when someone who had a 1000yds in the SEC doesn't is just ridiculous.. JMO

I also want to remind everyone that he did that behind a new line and a brand new coach.. to discount it is just crazy

I know these things because they happened in view of public. His dad made him de-commit from Miami. His dad made him leave UT. His dad made him then go play for Kansas State. And while at Kansas State when he did play he played like a wimp. If that doesn't show signals of someone that isn't mentally tough enough to you, then you've got blinders on.

And to claim that this is embarrassing to our fanbase is beyond idiotic since it has nothing to do with the Vols at this point.

YOu're a Vol fan aren't you? Making baseless comments like you know the guy personally is pathetic and reflects on our fanbase, which BTW, already suffers from a reputation as a bunch of rednecks. Thanks for reassuring our competitors. LOL. And no, I don't know that he isn't mentally tough? How would you have reacted at 18? nevermind. I already know you never got within sniffing distance of collegiate competition

Poole had a 1000yd season in the SEC..I don't care what the circumstances are around it.. You don't do that if you belong with a Miami of Ohio or are garbage or any of the other moronic comments I have seen.

The frustration over the last few seasons have clouded some peoples thoughts about many of our players in that time frame.

FACT: Poole = 1000yd SEC season
FACT: Brown = Couldn't take starting job at KSU.

This will be an easy argument to solve at the end of the year when we see who makes/plays/ does anything

and don't get me wrong I have no ill will towards BB.. but for him to get drafted when someone who had a 1000yds in the SEC doesn't is just ridiculous.. JMO

I also want to remind everyone that he did that behind a new line and a brand new coach.. to discount it is just crazy

It's not ridiculous, the NFL places potential in pretty high regard. Also, Poole averaged 75 yards per game in SEC play for 2010. Yes, he got over 1000 after the MCB. That's 13 games to get 1000. OK, great! Not exactly earth shattering, but nothing to sneeze at. However, at the end of the day it doesn't mean as much as private workout or Combine numbers. It's just the way it is.

Eagles are the biggest joke of a team in the NFL..this draft just strengthens the argument..draft someone like bryce brown when he couldnt even get the starting spot at KSU and poole goes undrafted? While not the best back on the boards by any means. I would still take him lightyears ahaed of BB. At least poole has some tape you can watch on him and has had some pretty decent plays in the SEC..knows how to block...

EAGLES ARE RETARDED.. they need a better decision maker
You sound pretty ignorant or you are about 13

His meth pipe kittycat is educated too. He took her to school with him every year.

I'd like to meet you across the middle one time.

If he was ever in a starting role for whatever reason, on the lineup reels, would he say he went to the University of Tennessee? Or K-State?

YOu're a Vol fan aren't you? Making baseless comments like you know the guy personally is pathetic and reflects on our fanbase, which BTW, already suffers from a reputation as a bunch of rednecks. Thanks for reassuring our competitors. LOL. And no, I don't know that he isn't mentally tough? How would you have reacted at 18? nevermind. I already know you never got within sniffing distance of collegiate competition

My comments aren't baseless and that's what you aren't able to comprehend. And yes, I am a Vol. I graduated from UT. Did you?

Dude is making the team, and will get carries

The Story Of The Bryce Brown Pick - Bleeding Green Nation

Kansas St. coach Bill Snyder allowed Brown to work out at the Kansas St. pro day. This impressed the Eagles because typically if a guy quits or gets kicked off a team, he is simply not allowed to attend that team's pro day and for good reason. The fact that Snyder welcomed Brown back intrigued the Eagles.

"For him to be comfortable enough to have Bryce come back meant that he feels Bryce was very sorry for the way he handled things,'' said Howie Roseman. "That meant a lot to all of us.''

- Brown was pretty awesome at that pro day, running a 4.37 40. Keep in mind that this is a 6 foot, 220 pound back we're talking about. He's bigger and faster than LeSean McCoy. The athleticism that made him the #1 recruit in the nation coming out of high school was still there. If anything, he was even stronger and faster.

"You're talking about a kid,'' said Andy Reid, "who is an inch under 6 foot, and is 220 pounds and who runs a 4.4 forty. You're talking about tremendous, tremendous skills here. He catches the ball effortlessly and is a smooth, smooth runner.

- Lane Kiffin, who recruited Brown to Tennessee (both guys would end up quitting the Vols before long) also vouched for Brown. Here's another thing you didn't know, Reid & Roseman are buddies with Lane Kiffin

...Reid did make a public commitment to ease the load on Shady this year, so it could be perfect timing for Bryce.

Hopefully, he makes the most of it.

He will do well in Philly and it will be funny coming back to this thread after he becomes a solid back in the NFL. Andy Reid has a knack for picking up players who catches his eye with great natural talent and the organization is perfect with one who has a questionable attitude and has been successfull in getting a lot out of players who would not turn out well in other places.

Will be in/around Knoxville alot. Dates and will probably marry a girl my sister went to school with at Anderson County. I've met the dude a few times, quite and well mannered. Hope it works out for the best. I went back and watched some film of him and man, the kid can definitely play. Always moving forward. Wish he would have worked out.

It's a fresh start for him and he needed that.
They won't have a lot of patience with him, like he got in college.
It's either produce or he is looking for another team to pick him up.
The big paycheck will probably go a long way toward that.
His speed and size is impressive though.

VN Store

Back