Bryce Brown: A Lesson in Pride

On October 27, 2015, Brown signed with the Seattle Seahawks. On November 21, 2015, he was waived.

Had he played it straight at UT, he'd have come out after his 3rd year in the 1st or 2nd round with a fat contract to set him up for life.

Instead, he came out as a free agent, had undeveloped skills, and now must get a job.

A word to the wise: Game the system at your peril.

The system is corrupt. A kid who doesn't get paid his market value is not "gaming the system".

You don't know how it would have played out, had he stayed at Tennessee. Maybe playing 3 straight years would have wrecked his knee and he never plays NFL.

We have to remember that these are kids who are likely to make errors in judgment. We also need to realize sometimes things aren't what they seem. I got better things to do than judge a young man for "gaming" us when it could all just boil down to homesickness.

Reactions: 1 person
The system is corrupt. A kid who doesn't get paid his market value is not "gaming the system".

You don't know how it would have played out, had he stayed at Tennessee. Maybe playing 3 straight years would have wrecked his knee and he never plays NFL.

We have to remember that these are kids who are likely to make errors in judgment. We also need to realize sometimes things aren't what they seem. I got better things to do than judge a young man for "gaming" us when it could all just boil down to homesickness.

This is what I don't understand about people's hypotheticals. Hell, he could have gotten hit by a bus on campus. Nobody knows. The only thing we know for sure is that the path he took in life has him now assuming the role of starting RB for a Super Bowl contender.

Do you call out NFL teams that waive a player before the end of his contract?

inb4 I don't care about the NFL

And I'm still going to call out folks who commit to do something then reneg.
Every time.

Get off my lawn!

91sn32Q.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
I guess, now that he's a starter in the NFL instead of just a washed out Tennessee football player, the thread no longer belongs in the Football Forum?

He went from likely starter to likely splitting carries and he hasn't even played a snap. Seahawks re-signed Christine Michael. Supposedly will mix in Fred Jackson in too as a change of pace.

He went from likely starter to likely splitting carries and he hasn't even played a snap. Seahawks re-signed Christine Michael. Supposedly will mix in Fred Jackson in too as a change of pace.

They were always going to sign another RB. It's not like they just decided they didn't like him. They've been really disappointed with Michael, so I doubt they want to use him much, but he knows the system.

VN Store

Back