Bruce Pearl is a better basketball coach than Kevin O'Neill

If you break it down by offense and defense Bruce can't touch KO. If the two were speaking at a clinic I would listen to O'Neill every time.

KO did really well Marquette.

Took over a dead UT after Houston, brought in loads of talent and left because Dickey pissed him off and set up Green's four year run.

Who wins at Northwestern?

Took Arizona to the tourney as interim coach.

USC getting to the tourney this year is a great coaching job and this job will be the true test for him.

Apples and Oranges. The AD didn't give two craps about basketball and kept it under-budgeted while O'Neill was here. It was "just go play. This is a football school"

Haha. So what you are saying is that wins don't matter.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If you break it down by offense and defense Bruce can't touch KO. If the two were speaking at a clinic I would listen to O'Neill every time.

Took over a dead UT after Houston, brought in loads of talent and left because Dickey pissed him off and set up Green's four year run.

USC getting to the tourney this year is a great coaching job and this job will be the true test for him.

Yes, he will occasionally make the tourney.

He certainly doesn't win at norrthwestern.

Also, check out Marquettes all time record. O'Neill was right at or below average for them. He must have left them stacked for the next 15 years because all three coaches after him have done much better than him.

You win. In a world where wins and losses aren't the judge of basketball coaches, O'Neill is very impressive.

Your simplistic logic is amazing. Be sure to ignore facts surrounding KO's time here.

You continue to ignore the fact that he's never won anywhere.

Marquette.
He took Arizona to the NCAA tourney as an interim coach. He's led a USC team coming off sanctions to the NCAA tourney in his second year.

We could also discuss his lifetime 2 NCAA tourney wins(if im reading this correctly).

Or his equal number of NCAA tourney and NIT bids.

To be succinct, if you hire Kevin O'Neill you will average approximately a .500 record and if you make a postseason tourney (it isn't likely) it is 50/50 on it being the NIT or NCAA. Also, if you make either one of those tourneys, a first round exit is almost a certainty.

Marquette.
He took Arizona to the NCAA tourney as an interim coach. He's led a USC team coming off sanctions to the NCAA tourney in his second year.

And Bruce took TN to 6 straight NCAA tourneys and actually won some of those games along the way.

Clearly, we should reduce their careers to 2 games to decide.

Did I say who I thought was better? No.
I was merely stating that Pearl is 0-2 against him with a superior talented team both times. Nice try though

Did I say who I thought was better? No.
I was merely stating that Pearl is 0-2 against him with a superior talented team both times. Nice try though

You are correct. I assumed that you were disagreeing with me based on my original post.

Bruce Pearl had as many wins in the NCAA tourney at Milwaukee as Kevin O'Neill has in his entire career.

Kevin O'Neil was a head coach in the NBA.

I really think that answers it.

If it doesn't, O'Neil also has never been the direct cause to a 10,000 pound anvil hanging over a basketball program where he coached.

How many years has Bruce been an assistant/HC in the NBA?

His success in college has allowed him to remain a college head coach.

Yes, O'Neills stint in the NBA clearly shows that he's an excellent head coach.

VN Store

Back