Bruce Pearl is a better basketball coach than Kevin O'Neill

Yes hes a better coach. But since bruce did something wrong most will say hes not. People on this forum like to throw stones. Imagine if p. Manning cheated some how...the same people who worship him will all of a sudden think m. Vick is better.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I know this threat is trolling, but..... KO was the second worst coach in UT history, (considering Alan Huston came with dad, he could be the worst). His style of basketball was unwatchable. Stay west. KO, stay west.

Yes hes a better coach. But since bruce did something wrong most will say hes not. People on this forum like to throw stones. Imagine if p. Manning cheated some how...the same people who worship him will all of a sudden think m. Vick is better.

No there are people who would have argued this before the NCAA showed up on UTs campus.

O'Neil has beaten Pearl two games in a row with less talent. Pearl is a better salesman, PR guy, O'Neil is a better coach.

I would just as soon pass on both. Too much baggage to even answer the question intelligently.

His style of basketball was unwatchable.

see I completely disagree and think we are closer to unwatchable right now. Rarely did you see a KO team get outworked on the floor. Sure they got out-talented but they rarely lost because of effort. Even if you aren't the best player you can still play hard (like little Pearl).There were some ugly, low scoring games but he had nothing really to work with. IMO the recruits that were coming in would have allowed KO to change his style a little and be much more successful. Imagine a couple of JG's teams with a hard nosed defense

see I completely disagree and think we are closer to unwatchable right now. Rarely did you see a KO team get outworked on the floor. Sure they got out-talented but they rarely lost because of effort. Even if you aren't the best player you can still play hard (like little Pearl).There were some ugly, low scoring games but he had nothing really to work with. IMO the recruits that were coming in would have allowed KO to change his style a little and be much more successful. Imagine a couple of JG's teams with a hard nosed defense

And lose they did.

What about his career makes him look like anything more than a middling .500 coach?

In division 1, Bruce is 26 wins ahead of him and only 109 losses behind.

and look where their teams are headed. Both finished 19-14 this year, are in the tourney and UT lost head-to-head. Not the best time to be making the comparison

Lets level the field and compare their records at the exact same school.

Apples and Oranges. The AD didn't give two craps about basketball and kept it under-budgeted while O'Neill was here. It was "just go play. This is a football school"

and look where their teams are headed. Both finished 19-14 this year, are in the tourney and UT lost head-to-head. Not the best time to be making the comparison

It's uncanny. Yes, if you compare Bruce's worst season and O'neills best, they are approximately equal.

Lets level the field and compare their records at the exact same school.

as long as you break down rosters too

It's uncanny. Yes, if you compare Bruce's worst season and O'neills best, they are approximately equal.

I'm comparing them at this moment

VN Store

Back