Bring Back Pearl!!!

This ship has sailed but I agree. We should've rehired him before Auburn.

We didn't have that opportunity. We weren't about to fire Martin after a Sweet 16 run, and by the time he left on his own, Pearl had already been hired.

I think you guys need to get over Pearl. But if by some miracle he did come back, I would think that would be about the best possible option available to us.

its a matter of trust. too many people he sat across the table from and lied to them. they don't / can't trust him. the lies were so unnecessary. If he had been truthful, he would never have been fired. they would have rode it out with him for minor issues.

Why can't people understand that? This was never about a BBQ.

Reactions: 2 people
Just because his mom could coach the women's game doesn't mean he can coach the men's game. He would need to land a men's job and prove himself before landing a job such as Tennessee. You don't just give him the keys to the building, there isn't even a tad bit of evidence that he would be successful at this level much less the men's game.

exactly!
John thompson at georgetown was a great coach, when he retired his son got the job and they have consistently fallen short of what their talent level should achieve.
Hire based upon person achievement....
not another Dooley scenario.

Tell you all what, if CBP wants to pay his own buyout from auburn, and will pay the university 10m when he lies again, I'll take 2 years of CBP.

Sarcasm

I'm not saying it's likely, but I want Pearl.

That's the most fun I've had with Tennessee basketball, and I think the Buzz around him returning to Knoxville would create a lot of momentum. I'm tired of googling our coaches when they get hired.

Reactions: 1 person

That's the most fun I've had with Tennessee basketball, and I think the Buzz around him returning to Knoxville would create a lot of momentum. I'm tired of googling our coaches when they get hired.

Incredible, original insight! Amazing....why didn't anyone else think of this?

Did you fire up the Google when Pearl was hired?

Didn't we just have a bunch of threads saying Tyndall was better, and auburn was loaded compared to us?

Bruce was the best thing and worst thing ever to happen to UT basketball. I'm tired of all the talk about bringing him back (yes, I know I'm bringing it up myself). Our fan base will never come back together as long as he is out there coaching.

VN Store

Back