Bring Back Pearl!!!

Everyone play the lottery tonight. And when one of us wins. Slam 5-10 mil on Dave Hart's desk and say Bring Me Bruce.

There are several people at UT and several boosters that would have to no longer be involved at UT before Bruce would be brought back. Never going to happen and is why he took Auburn job. He burned too many bridges

Are there that many pigheaded people that can't forgive him and give him a second chance?

I mean he told you a couple lies and paid the price, get over it, I am sure he leaned his lesson and will be straightforward from here on out!

Reactions: 1 person
Are there that many pigheaded people that can't forgive him and give him a second chance?

I mean he told you a couple lies and paid the price, get over it, I am sure he leaned his lesson and will be straightforward from here on out!

its a matter of trust. too many people he sat across the table from and lied to them. they don't / can't trust him. the lies were so unnecessary. If he had been truthful, he would never have been fired. they would have rode it out with him for minor issues.

its a matter of trust. too many people he sat across the table from and lied to them. they don't / can't trust him. the lies were so unnecessary. If he had been truthful, he would never have been fired. they would have rode it out with him for minor issues.

Exactly. His original faults were secondary/back page news. His problems began when he didn't just come clean. Both issues are on him and the first was basically nothing. The second got him run out of town.

Given the fact he got fired for his stupidity that lead to the AA being at the door and the guy you just let go of is getting axed for the same reasons, he ain't even a thought at this point. And he shouldn't be.

I loved Bruce, but would hire back an employee that lied to you? Simple business principal. Nothing to do with basketball.

I loved Bruce, but would hire back an employee that lied to you? Simple business principal. Nothing to do with basketball.

Huge revenue and consistent NCAA tournament bids would fix a lot of the trust issues, imo. Agreed that it won't happen, but it is more of a pride thing than a trust thing in my eyes. The big dogs don't want to come off as needy or desperate to a guy they canned.

If UT had to fire Tyndall and they replaced him with any other coach who went 4-14 in his conference, this place would go apoplectic. Pearl's best days are long behind him anyway. He won't win at Auburn and won't get another shot at a bigger job because of it.

I guess his top 15 class coming in is a recipe for another 4-14 season.

Huge revenue and consistent NCAA tournament bids would fix a lot of the trust issues, imo. Agreed that it won't happen, but it is more of a pride thing than a trust thing in my eyes. The big dogs don't want to come off as needy or desperate to a guy they canned.

Their also smart enough to realize that when you lie to the AA they follow you where ever you land. Then when you slip up (and they all do) they are there.

Their also smart enough to realize that when you lie to the AA they follow you where ever you land. Then when you slip up (and they all do) they are there.

One ncaa worker works at Auburn. That's why the went big time in Bruce. Auburn had a heads up before hiring him.

True. I don't think pearl would be able to take a dump without the NCAA knowing about it.

So..I will be that guy....I say we give Calipari a blank check and tell him to name his price.
Yes, He's from KY.

But the guy knows how to coach and can consistently produce winners.

True. I don't think pearl would be able to take a dump without the NCAA knowing about it.

Yep.

And even given his upside to UT thats not something you want coming back with him.

All it would take is something silly. Thats all it really took last time and he escalated the problem on his own.

If I am going to have to deal with recruiting violations I would rather deal with it if pearl was the coach. He has our hearts and always will. I think he is the most beloved men's basketball coach all time at Tennessee. I know the ship has sailed so to speak but, I would give both my left feet to get him back. The basketball is going threw about the same stuff football was. Its been a dark few years in the history of Tennessee.

This ship has sailed but I agree. We should've rehired him before Auburn.

Reactions: 2 people

And I thought SD was naive.

So..I will be that guy....I say we give Calipari a blank check and tell him to name his price.
Yes, He's from KY.

This is the funniest thing I've ever read on the Internet

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, He's from KY.

Only if Phil Jaskson can be his assistant and Arnold Schwarzenegger can be his strength and conditioning coach.

VN Store

Back