Brick by Brick

iu

The whole "trash-can" thing is still a head-scratcher to me. It is inconceivably difficult to imagine a historically vaunted program like UT having Dooley, Jones and Pruitt as head coaches in a span of 11 years. After that dismal selection process, it's totally amazing that UT is where it is. It gives credence to the fact that good athletic directors are worth their weight in gold. A bunch of it.

*Checks Scores of James Madison vs Arkansas State*

Hmm looks like the bricks aren't coming together too well in Jonesboro. You can have good bricks and good mortar but if the bricklayer doesn't know what they are doing then the bricks are going to be out of place and ultimately be ineffective. Oh well he is Arkansas State's problem now.

I had an orange foam brick autographed by Butch Jones that was donated to a local help center and actually sold for $5 this past year.

Speaking of brick by brick..In last week's LSU vs Auburn game did anyone else hear the announcer toss that out while discussing Kelly at LSU.
I about spit my beer out, lol

Reactions: Vol524 and VAVol85
I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Dooley had a losing record as a head coach, and was 4-8 the season we hired him. At La Tech. That's, you know, a Sun Belt school.

Let that sink in. The UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE HIRED A SUN BELT COACH THAT HAD JUST GONE 4-8!

How. The Hell. Did that happen?

Mike Hamilton. What was he thinking?

Worst AD in the history of our program, making a historically bad hire. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

For years the athletic department was all about spin and hype to keep the cash registers ringing and the ticket sales and stadium amenities moving. Fans bought in and began to expect trophy big names hires, none of which were ever moving their families, their futures or their careers to Knoxville, Tennessee, such that Tennessee was relegated to grossly overpaying for mediocre coaching ability. The Barnes thing was unique, Currie had ability, but overplayed his hand on Schiano at a time when the fan revolt kicked in and they said no, enough is enough. Fulmer's ego and money grab cost the school dearly as he was a slightly worse AD than Hamilton, who did hire Bruce Pearl and did the initial renovation of Thompson Boling, Fulmer's tenure has nothing to show for his baffoonery, setting the football program back 5 years and landing the program into the lap of the NCAA enforcement committee.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Dooley had a losing record as a head coach, and was 4-8 the season we hired him. At La Tech. That's, you know, a Sun Belt school.

Let that sink in. The UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE HIRED A SUN BELT COACH THAT HAD JUST GONE 4-8!

How. The Hell. Did that happen?

Mike Hamilton. What was he thinking?

Worst AD in the history of our program, making a historically bad hire. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
I can tell you one reason it happened. Lane Kiffin bailed out on us at a really late date after all available name head coaches had been hired and Dools got hired because he was Vince’s son. Hindsight would tell you we would have been better off hiring a top assistant coach than Dooley but it was a panic hire and a bad mistake. I have tried my best to forget about Shower Etiquette and Sgt. Carter, and Josh Heupel is certainly helping that cause.

I can tell you one reason it happened. Lane Kiffin bailed out on us at a really late date after all available name head coaches had been hired and Dools got hired because he was Vince’s son. Hindsight would tell you we would have been better off hiring a top assistant coach than Dooley but it was a panic hire and a bad mistake. I have tried my best to forget about Shower Etiquette and Sgt. Carter, and Josh Heupel is certainly helping that cause.

I know it was a panic hire, but we still definitely could have done better than a 4-8 coach from the Sun Belt!

VN Store

Back