Brian Butler on Radio NOW!!!

Butler is very well spoken and sounds like he really cares about Bryce. No offer of payment from any university and if anyone started that the were no longer in the recruitment, they never received any monies from any coaches or universities.

Announcers-there's something and it's the money. Talking about Kiffin stirring the pot and someone in the SEC putting his feet to the fire.

Brian Butler just called in to play the radio contest for free Cowboys/Titans tickets...haha, hilarious he got through...but lost...

From what I garnered from the interview is that Butler nor Potetntial Players nor any coach or University violated any NCAA rule. He seem really cognizant of the NCAA rule book and very well connected based on his relationship with Ted Guinn and the universities he's visited. Secondly, UT did not break any rules in the recruitment of BB. So, if there is an eligibilty problem or money problem, then 1) Butler is lying 2) UT and Kiffin are lying 3) BB took money and/or engaged in rules violations without the knowledge of Butler and/or UT/Kiffin and/or 4) the Brown's took money and/or engaged in rules violations without the knowledge of Butler or UT/Kiffin. If not, the NCAA is trying to put a shot across the bow of people like Butler, top recruits like BB, colleges and coaches about current recruiting practices.

Hamilton on the Zone right now...

He says it has been ongoing for a while. It is just now becoming public because the season is about to start, but they have known about it for a long time.

He doesn't sound too worried.

Says the NCAA looks over the top recruits every year. They saw something they wanted to look into deeper with Bryce (camps).

Nothing will come of this. If Brown is suspended for this, then hundreds of other current college football players will have to be suspended as well. How do you think all of the Cleveland Glenville kids get to go on these camp tours every year? Ridiculous to think this is an issue with just Bryce Brown.

So how does this work? Do we bench him until it all clears, so we don't have to forfeit wins, or do we just take the chance?

The 'AA doesn't condone the pimping out of collegiate players for dough unless it is themselves doing the pimping.

So how does this work? Do we bench him until it all clears, so we don't have to forfeit wins, or do we just take the chance?

no way we can take the chance. Let him practice but keep him off the field

I don't know if the NCAA has ever heard of the term "due diligence" but it would seem this would be the time to make the effort so some decision could be made. But again, we are dealing with the NCAA.

Last edited:
Something smells toward Fla way, and it isn't the fish on the docks :D

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but it wouldn't suprise me. UF was listed as one of the locations the tour went through, and Meyer is a smart enough coach to use anything legit (albiet perhaps a bit underhanded) to gain an advantage.

Distracting a rival team would be something I would do, particularly if said rival team trash talked me.

First, UF didn't recruit Brown. Second, Meyer settles "things" on the field.

Keep telling yourself that. I don't believe that this came from UF. But you can't make the "Chinless One" out to be a saint... I don't care how hard you try.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

First, UF didn't recruit Brown. Second, Meyer settles "things" on the field.

Meyer settles things by crying like a little girl to Foley and Slive.

Go wash your acid-washed cut-off jorts and leave the posting to those with semi-intelligence at the least.

I thought the dude was kinda shady, but after knowing what all was said, my opinion of him has changed a tad

VN Store

Back