BREAKING: Tennessee officials discussing football coach Butch Jones immediate future

The biggest problem with the UT / UF firing comparison is that Shark Boy gave UF a golden opportunity to fire him immediately and for (off the field) cause. Unfortunately all of Jones' ridiculous quips never fell into Shark Boy's "Death Threat" category. Sad, but it is what it is. I just hope this long national nightmare ends quicker than sooner.

Reactions: 1 person
The only thing more annoying than CBJ still being employed by UT, is the multitude of people on here with "sources". I swear I'm just going to wait for the official announcement by some verified news source.

This is what I am getting at. No offense to Vol who said he had a friend in AD. But just my feeling about all this right now.

Only believing reported, validated things.

HTTP3N0YXRpYy5mamNkbi5jb20vZ2lmcy9NZncrbm90K3N1cmUraWYrc29tZW9uZXMram9raW5nK29yK2R1bWJfMjhlOWI0XzQ4MzczOTguZ2lm.gif

Loved that series. My favorite sarcastic smart ass.

The AD? Really? I don't think Currie and/or his staff is posting BS on this site and creating bogus Twitter accounts. Even more they aren't forcing fools to believe it.

Absolutely agree. I don’t have a lot of confidence in the AD, but you’re correct.

SIAP, this week's media schedule just arrived from UTAD showing Butch availability for tomorrow and Wednesday. Take it for what it's worth.

Reactions: 3 people
The only thing more annoying than CBJ still being employed by UT, is the multitude of people on here with "sources". I swear I'm just going to wait for the official announcement by some verified news source.

Exactly. Just a bunch of dudes throwing darts at the wall. I've seen nobody on here who's been right about anything. Sources my @ss.

Reactions: 3 people
From Charlie Burris on Twitter....

“Just received the official email saying Butch will have his regular Monday presser tomorrow. Business as usual.”

SIAP, this week's media schedule just arrived from UTAD showing Butch availability for tomorrow and Wednesday. Take it for what it's worth.

Well that tells me what I need to know! Gonna watch a bit of the late game and go to bed early. Screw the World Series. I’ll wait till the elimination games coming up next.

Without having to sift through pages and pages of posts, is there any LEGITIMATE information we should know?

Man. Not even once have you actually addressed what I said.

You said some guy was probably accurate. I said here are two facts in his post that are blantantly wrong.

Then you attacked me

And now you are saying that his “post is consistent with what we heard” is a fact.

I don’t even know how to continue this conversation with you. Hope you have a good night or something
My source never said our financial situation was bad. He said it was finally good and they didn’t want to jeopardize that by paying another buyout. Also our APR is 972, which is absolutely good enough to get a bowl at 5-7. Teams with lower APRs have made bowls the past several years. So you are actually the one who is blatantly wrong here.

Reactions: 2 people
First of all, there is no team meeting and Currie and Butch did meet earlier today but it was about alternate uniforms and a marketing campaign UT is working on. I have one contact who works within the UT AD; we were best friends growing up and I still talk to him once or twice a week. I wouldn’t say he is real high up in the AD but it’s not like he’s at the bottom of the totem pole either. I always try to get information out of him but he usually won’t give me much, usually just saying he’s not really privy to all the inside info. But I spoke to him earlier today, and as a big UT fan, he’s obviously real upset about what is going on. He finally opened up to me a little bit, and he said the talk within the department is that Currie really doesn’t want to replace any major coaches, such as football and men’s / women’s basketball, in his first year. Also, apparently the Chancellor and President are believed to have put some pressure on Currie to keep things the same for now, as they feel the athletic department has finally turned a corner financially, and they don’t want to spend a bunch of money on a buyout right now. He said the boosters definitely are putting pressure in the other direction, but he states the boosters really don’t have as much influence this time around, at least not as much as a lot of people think...he said it’s more important what the Chancellor and President want to do. Plus he said our new Chancellor feels like our boosters have had too much influence on the AD in the past. And then there is also the problem of trying to get the boosters on the same page in terms of a replacement. He thinks that if a move is made, it won’t be until after the season. And if Butch makes a bowl game, the administration will definitely try to keep him. Plus he said we will likely make a bowl at 5-7 due to our improved APR and how well the fans travel. He said if attendance really falls off, that might change their minds. He wanted to emphasize that this is just what he had heard within the AD and as of now, should just be considered rumors...none of this came from Currie himself. He did add, however, that he personally thinks we will end up going 4-8 and a change will have to be made. But if we somehow make a bowl, he said not to be surprised if they just try to sell this as one down year due to new quarterbacks and a lot of injuries.

This is so far from accurate.

My source never said our financial situation was bad. He said it was finally good and they didn’t want to jeopardize that by paying another buyout. Also our APR is 972, which is absolutely good enough to get a bowl at 5-7. Teams with lower APRs have made bowls the past several years. So you are actually the one who is blatantly wrong here.

Okay. May have misread intent of financial part of that. Thanks.

Was reported that APR was more than halfway down the league and not good enough for bowls though.

Florida will already have Chip Kelly hired before we even fire Butch. We will probably trot out Mike Bobo or some other scrub.

VN Store

Back