BREAKING NEWS!!!Cuonzo Martin removes name from Marquette search

Before UT squeaked into the tournament, NOBODY talked about UT basketball. the only time the SEC was mentioned it was Kentucky and Florida and the rest of the conference was basically unwatchable basketball. That's a fact. I listen to local Nashville sports radio AND Espn radio AND the college sports nation on XM radio for hours a day on my commutes to and from work across the city.

In fact, most of them, when referencing Tennessee basketball AFTER the tournament said that, even though Tennessee made a run in the tourney, they will be taking a step backwards next year and that recruiting isnt anything to brag about and that next season it will still be Florida and Kentucky and then everyone else.

So, if you're saying that I dont know what I'm talking about, then you must mean me and all the rest of the media and only you and some idiot posters on this board know anything about the state of UT basketball.

I know for a fact you're lying because I listen to 104.5 and 102.5 daily and they both most certainly were talking about UT basketball almost daily since December.

You're also lying because it was discussed in several threads with links to articles how many thought UT would be a dangerous NCAA team and you never knew which team would show up. Some picked UT to win the SEC Tournament.

Your claims are just stupid and ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 person
Can we get a name or at least a school for Unimane's source.. that would give it more credibility.

I wouldn't want to put him out there like that, but I'll just say he's an assistant coach at a D-III school in Wisconsin.

So, we're to believe your high school friend of 30 years who is a college asst in Wisconsin over Andy Katz and Gary Parrish? Really?

Believe what you want. Media people aren't always as tuned into the happenings as much as you think. Look at how often they get the coaching search stuff completely wrong.

Reactions: 1 person
I know for a fact you're lying because I listen to 104.5 and 102.5 daily and they both most certainly were talking about UT basketball almost daily since December.

You're also lying because it was discussed in several threads with links to articles how many thought UT would be a dangerous NCAA team and you never knew which team would show up. Some picked UT to win the SEC Tournament.

Your claims are just stupid and ridiculous.

102.5 is nothing but an ESPN affiliate, not local Nashville radio. they do not talk about UT sports every day or almost any day for that matter. Bill King will discuss UT when a caller from Tennessee askes, but he almost always follows it up with comments about how he cant even sit through an entire SEC basketball game.

And Charles Barkley said that UT would be dangerous. and the only reason he made that prediction was because they saw the road ahead of UT. I know Charles is a heavy set fellow, but I dont think that counts as "many" people.

102.5 is nothing but an ESPN affiliate, not local Nashville radio. they do not talk about UT sports every day or almost any day for that matter. Bill King will discuss UT when a caller from Tennessee askes, but he almost always follows it up with comments about how he cant even sit through an entire SEC basketball game.

And Charles Barkley said that UT would be dangerous. and the only reason he made that prediction was because they saw the road ahead of UT. I know Charles is a heavy set fellow, but I dont think that counts as "many" people.

Yes because Charles Barkley was the only one saying that.

And 102.5 has this little show called Sports Night with George Plaster, that is very much local. And yes they talked about UT basketball quite a lot. As did The Wake Up Zone, The Midday 180, and 3HL on 104.5 constantly.

Again, you may be the poster on this forum that knows the least about what you're attempting to talk about.

I don't have a dog in this but if anyone is using Plaster and his callers to boost a point, they should self ban for a few days and get it together.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't have a dog in this but if anyone is using Plaster and his callers to boost a point, they should self ban for a few days and get it together.

I never said it was good radio, or even average. I'm addressing his wrong point that nobody in Nashville was talking UT basketball. Plaster is boring as heck but they were talking UT basketball a lot.

I could post a link from the president of Marquette saying they offered Cuonzo Martin and Patrick would still say he wasn't offered the job.

It does not matter one way or the other. Marquette has Wojo, we have Zo. All UT fans need to get behind Zo and support the program and stop whining,

It does not matter one way or the other. Marquette has Wojo, we have Zo. All UT fans need to get behind Zo and support the program and stop whining,

I would take Zo a million times over Wojo. Ugh.

Didn't you know?

Just ask one of Tusculums assistant coaches about this situation, they're sure to have solid intel on the University of Tennessee basketball situation.

:crazy:

id say it still ranks higher than the posters on here that claim to be in the know and ahead of gary parrish also.

Reactions: 2 people
id say it still ranks higher than the posters on here that claim to be in the know and ahead of gary parrish also.

So an assistant at Tusculum has better information on the basketball situation than Andy Katz, Gary Parrish and Rob Lewis?

I've got some oceanfront property in Idaho to sell ya bro.

So an assistant at Tusculum has better information on the basketball situation than Andy Katz, Gary Parrish and Rob Lewis?

I've got some oceanfront property in Idaho to sell ya bro.

not sure where katz gets his info but im sure lewis got his from the same source that said he pulled his name out...i do know gary parrish doesnt know any more than i do.

i dont care if Zo pulled his name out or wasnt offered the job but i do know what is reported is not 100% accurate....

not sure where katz gets his info but im sure lewis got his from the same source that said he pulled his name out...i do know gary parrish doesnt know any more than i do.

i dont care if Zo pulled his name out or wasnt offered the job but i do know what is reported is not 100% accurate....

And you know this how? What was reported that was false?

If you wanna call them all liars go ahead, I'm not gonna argue with someone who has the "everyone else in the world is wrong, I'm right" attitude.

VN Store

Back