BREAKING NEWS!!!Cuonzo Martin removes name from Marquette search

Katz is one of the best connected guys in the hoops media. I'll take his word on hoops matters over anyone else's, including the guys on VQ, who are not close at all to the happenings in college basketball.

Reactions: 2 people
Fine, take Katz's over the Marquette beat writers and Marquette president himself. You' just be wrong.

It's the message board. People argue on it. That's what it's for. If you don't want to participate, then don't.

Please provide a link to where the Marquette beat writer and president said they didn't offer him. I'll wait.

Again, I'll still take Katz's word over anyone else you've thrown up against the wall to see what sticks.

Reactions: 1 person
I like Katz but wouldn't his sources be some coaches and agents who maybe have their own motives and agenda. The new Marquette president might also. Maybe he felt jilted that Zo turned them down.

Katz has much better sources than Hubbs. Lewis, Brice, and Fortenberry when it comes to hoops.

So why doesn't Cuonzo have a new contract in place already?

Probably because Martin is in Dallas at the coaches convention, like every other coach in America. I would think you'll hear about a contract being finalized middle of next week, shortly after he returns.

It is funny to see the same old posters berating the coach that took his team to the sweet sixteen. They look awfully foolish.

Reactions: 1 person
Probably because Martin is in Dallas at the coaches convention, like every other coach in America. I would think you'll hear about a contract being finalized middle of next week, shortly after he returns.

If they met they had to have the nuts and bolts of a contract together. The rest would be between his agent and UT attorneys to cross the T's and dot the I's. We'll see next week I guess.

That's a nice way of saying "no one". I've never been so unimpressed by a sweet sixteen appearance.

Unless your team is seeded 13 or lower and the rest of the bracket is chalk, you're never going to be impressed by a Sweet 16 run.

Unless your team is seeded 13 or lower and the rest of the bracket is chalk, you're never going to be impressed by a Sweet 16 run.

2nd round games should add up to 9. Meaning:
1 plays 8
2 plays 7
3 plays 6
4 plays 5.

So I'm not certain what you're saying to win a second round game you should have to atleast beat an 8 seed.

We got lucky and didn't have to play anyone who was a legitimate 1-8 seed.

That's a nice way of saying "no one". I've never been so unimpressed by a sweet sixteen appearance.

Well, the NCAA wouldn't allow us to play Duke, since they got beat by Mercer, so we played the teams that were wining in the tournament. Who did Bruce beat in the tournament this year?:hi:

Well, the NCAA wouldn't allow us to play Duke, since they got beat by Mercer, so we played the teams that were wining in the tournament. Who did Bruce beat in the tournament this year?:hi:

That's a fair comparison.

2nd round games should add up to 9. Meaning:
1 plays 8
2 plays 7
3 plays 6
4 plays 5.

So I'm not certain what you're saying to win a second round game you should have to atleast beat an 8 seed.

We got lucky and didn't have to play anyone who was a legitimate 1-8 seed.

That's messed up though because you're assuming that the 5 we beat must have been overrated since we beat the snot out of them. There was no way you were going to be impressed.

What you're really saying is that we didn't beat any brand names.

That's messed up though because you're assuming that the 5 we beat must have been overrated since we beat the snot out of them. There was no way you were going to be impressed.

They were overrated because they were a small school from a pathetic conference who had played no one.

VN Store

Back