Breaking News concerning First Game

Had we met in a bowl game in 2010, NC State would probably have won by double digits IMO

Tennessee and NC State are pretty comparable to each other. I'm pretty pumped that we actually get to play a decent game to open the season. Blowing out another team 50-0 is nice but I think we will benefit from playing good competition early in the season.

Reactions: 1 person
Dude weve been making bowl games and winning them for years. So, compared to the overall body of work, you are 3rd rate to us.

who gives a ****. all that matters is the quality of the teams that show up at the end of august. NC State and Tennessee aren't that far apart.

Reactions: 2 people
The sign of a good coach (and likewise good team) is one that gets better as the season progresses. Had we played cinci in the 2nd half of the season, the result would have probably been different. They got better all year. We regressed (and I'm not basing that solely on wins/losses). 4 examples of our regression laat year -- the team's attitude gor worse as the season went in, not better. A young, but no longer freshman o line, regressed as the year went on. Running backs got worse. Dont even get me started on the kicking game (darr and palardy). No excuse for that.

Funny how the removal of UT's best players as the year progressed coincides with the slaughterhouse schedule.

I'm not saying it was a great coaching job, but those are pathetic reasons when put into context.

Laughable that some UT fans think NC State is so far below them.

If Mustafa played, and DJ Green weren't out for the year, I'd think this game would almost be close to a toss-up.

Losing DJ green kills them. They have nobody at LB. Should help our passing game ease into the season completing a lot of short passes over the middle.

Short passes over the middle? Ha.. Have u seen our wideouts? It's gonna be raining bombs in the dome. U know J Hunt is dying to run that go route.

I thought the breaking news was going to be that the game had been rescheduled for Saturday night instead of Friday night....oh well.

Arkansas St. was 10-3 last year and went to a bowl...guess they are better than NC State and UT....[/QUOTE]

I went to Arkansas State, and we were definitely better than NC State.

Reactions: 3 people
We at State made a bowl game and won it, UT didn't...who are you calling 3rd rate?

I hate to say it but this is so true....We haven't beat a good team in like 4 years but some of our fans have the nerve to call another team 3rd rate. This is the same program that lost to a team playing a WR at QB in their last game. Some people forget it's not 1999.

Reactions: 3 people
I hate to say it but this is so true....We haven't beat a good team in like 4 years but some of our fans have the nerve to call another team 3rd rate. This is the same program that lost to a team playing a WR at QB in their last game. Some people forget it's not 1999.

This. State's victory over Clemson last year is a better win than any Tennessee has had since we beat Georgia or Wisconsin in 2007.

VN Store

Back