Breaking News concerning First Game

This is about the stupidest thing I've heard in a while! Hell, let's just play the top 10 teams in the country each year and get the crap beat out of us and go 0-10 ....which I'm sure will make us a better program!!
Let's #1 - win some games and get the fans behind us which in effect will #2 - bring in better recruits which will #3 - lead to better teams which will allow us to #4 - be competitive against the elite teams which will then #5 - help us to compete for a National Title.:)

Missed the point entirely. Using your logic we go to the ACC for 2 or 3 years to rebuild then come back to the SEC. The point being made was instead of being "like" NCSt and playing in a weak sister conference, some of us would rather take our lumps in the SEC and rebuild in this conference. That's all. No one was advocating playing the preseason top 10 every year. Although, if felt like we were last year. Now having said that, we don't typically fair well against the ACC. However, they have 1 BCS championship in 3 visits ALL by FSU.

Scout.com: O'Brien: Greene Cleared

He's back on the team. His freshman year he was really good. After missing an entire year, who knows what kind of shape he'll be in. But he has the potential to give them a very dynamic backfield. Possibly better than ours.

Zach Collaros scrambled for two touchdowns and threw for two more, and Cincinnati's defense had its way for much of the game Thursday night, helping the Bearcats pull away to a 44-14 victory over North Carolina State.

The Bearcats (3-1) put together one of their most complete wins in coach Butch Jones' two seasons, with the defense playing a starring role -- much like it did in 2008, when they won the first of their two Big East titles.

"That's what Cincinnati is," said linebacker J.K. Schaffer, who had one of Cincinnati's two interceptions. "If you look at Cincinnati three years ago, their defense got after it. And we want to get back to that. We've done that last game and this game, and we want to do it every single game."

NC State (2-2) couldn't handle the Bearcats' defensive pressure or keep up with Collaros, who repeatedly scrambled out of grasps and made pinpoint throws on the run. He ran 13 and 10 yards for touchdowns, and hooked up with running back Isaiah Pead on a 25-yard screen pass for another score. Pead ran for 167 yards and scored twice.

This was two weeks after this exact same Cincinatti team was beaten by 22 points by last year's team, by the time this game happened, Tennessee did not have Bray or Hunter. I faintly remember walking into the Neyland terraces for the Cinci game thinking it would be a pretty close game, just as you think this game will be. Point is, State was at full strength for this game and were beaten badly by Cincinatti. They will not be at the same strength for UT, and Tennessee will be at a much better spot at every position than they were when they played Cincy last year. I hate to tell you this man, but NC State doesn't stand a chance barring any unforeseen changes. Also, I wish we had your schedule. We probably would have won 10 off that schedule.

Uuuuhhhh , Bray was 34-41 409 yds and 4 tds against Cincinnati and Hunter caught 10 passes for 156 and a td

VN Store

Back