Breaking News concerning First Game

We at State made a bowl game and won it, UT didn't...who are you calling 3rd rate?

I love my Vols but when loudmouth, self-righteous, egoistical fans presume to look down on opposition, I'm in your corner when they get a stomping reminder such as yours above. One should respect their opponents even if they happen to be inferior to your team. It appears Wyoming and North Texas State has taught such jackals nothing. The one thing that gives me a lift despite such fans is events like the Cincy game when our band invited theirs onto the field to play along with them. Want to talk class, that was class and the UT should always be synonymous with class. Some day maybe certain fans will understand this and not behave in a manner that puts us on level with the type of fans encountered at the UF and UGA.

Reactions: 7 people
I love my Vols but when loudmouth, self-righteous, egoistical fans presume to look down on opposition, I'm in your corner when they get a stomping reminder such as yours above. One should respect their opponents even if they happen to be inferior to your team. It appears Wyoming and North Texas State has taught such jackals nothing. The one thing that gives me a lift despite such fans is events like the Cincy game when our band invited theirs onto the field to play along with them. Want to talk class, that was class and the UT should always be synonymous with class. Some day maybe certain fans will understand this and not behave in a manner that puts us on level with the type of fans encountered at the UF and UGA.

Ignorant post. Somehow because fellow Southerners are fans of rival schools, they have disassociated themselves with being "classy".

And making stupid comments somehow makes you "classy"? That's laughable.

Reactions: 2 people
Was he the starting running back last year? No. Is he listed as the starting running back on the depth chart this year? No. In fact, he's nowhere to be found on the depth chart.

The fact that HE believes him to be the best running back on the team in NO WAY makes him the starting running back.

And just because you're ignorant of the entire roster of NC State doesn't mean the kid isn't the #1 on The depth chart.

They lost to Cincy 44-14 last year. May I remind you how we played Cincy? Not sayin it's cake but come on. If healthy, UT is a 8 win team last year.

The sign of a good coach (and likewise good team) is one that gets better as the season progresses. Had we played cinci in the 2nd half of the season, the result would have probably been different. They got better all year. We regressed (and I'm not basing that solely on wins/losses). 4 examples of our regression laat year -- the team's attitude gor worse as the season went in, not better. A young, but no longer freshman o line, regressed as the year went on. Running backs got worse. Dont even get me started on the kicking game (darr and palardy). No excuse for that.

Last edited:
The sign of a good coach (and likewise good team) is one that gets better as the season progresses. Had we played cinci in the 2nd half of the season, the result would have probably been different. They got better all year. We regressed (and I'm not basing that solely on wins/losses). 4 examples of our regression laat year -- the team's attitude gor worse as the season went in, not better. A young, but no longer freshman o line, regressed as the year went on. Running backs got worse. Dont even get me started on the kicking game (darr and palardy). No excuse for that.

I see that you didn't actually follow their season. That's OK, but it kinda kills your point. Cincy got hit with injuries just like we did and wound up underachieving at the end of the season as a result.

Was he the starting running back last year? No. Is he listed as the starting running back on the depth chart this year? No. In fact, he's nowhere to be found on the depth chart.

The fact that HE believes him to be the best running back on the team in NO WAY makes him the starting running back.

He was starting RB halfway thru his Freshman season... Kid is GOOD. He's REALLY good. He's additionally REALLY stupid. If he is eligible/healthy, he is the starter. Hands down, no questions. Not sure who pissed in your corn flakes, but do some research past last years depth chart please.

Reactions: 1 person

Continue to show your ignorance. When he is healthy he is the best back on the team, no doubt.

Let's not delude ourselves. With months to go until kickoff, we are likely to have a similar pile dumped in our living room at some inconvenient point. Unfortunately, it's just part of the deal at every program these days.

Well, he will definitely be suspended due to the multiple violations. Green isn't a "very good" running back, he is ok. I believe State gets one or two RB's back from injury next year.

We are going to beat NC State in Atlanta. I respect them as an opponent, but we have too much talent coming back this year and their front seven is depleted as well as the group of WR/TE. Should be a close game, but Tennessee is going to win.

A necessary corollary that you forgot to mention: UT's schedule got harder after they played Cincy, arguably Cincy's schedule got easier...

I dare any school with the depth chart that UT had to play LSU, BAMA, Arky et al, and not end the season down, beaten, and morally defeated.

If you knew how to read you would understand.

VN Store

Back