BREAKING: “Select Committee” Benghazi Investigation is On

Obama personally called Clinton. They laughed at the impending attack and ordered all military to stand down. They then bowed to various foreign dignitaries, prayed to Mecca, and read to each other from Karl Marx on the phone.

The next day they picked out guns to give to Mexicans, then went to the IRS headquarters and picked out tea party groups to audit.

Link?

(and I gave you a like, pretty original)

Reactions: 1 person
Obama personally called Clinton. They laughed at the impending attack and ordered all military to stand down. They then bowed to various foreign dignitaries, prayed to Mecca, and read to each other from Karl Marx on the phone.

The next day they picked out guns to give to Mexicans, then went to the IRS headquarters and picked out tea party groups to audit.

the best kind of humor is that which contains an element of truth

congrats, counselor

Reactions: 5 people

You're closer to the truth than you realize LG.

Reactions: 2 people

Bet they both have you on speed dial

It's Gowdy:

Rep. Gowdy named to lead Benghazi select committee | Fox News

South Carolina Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy, a former federal prosecutor known for his aggressive style of questioning at congressional hearings, has been tapped to lead a select committee tasked with investigating the 2012 Benghazi attacks.

House Speaker John Boehner made the announcement Monday afternoon.

"With four of our countrymen killed at the hands of terrorists, the American people want answers, accountability, and justice," he said. "Trey Gowdy is as dogged, focused, and serious-minded as they come."

Reactions: 5 people
Gowdy is a good choice - he's a questioner.

That said he looks like Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter

He's a good choice only, and I stress the only, if the Executive side of the checks and balances doesn't ignore him or if he isn't harpooned from the opposing party.

Not putting money on anything these days.

I won't say that anyone should do jail time for this, but it should end up costing a few high level people their jobs when this is over.

I won't say that anyone should do jail time for this, but it should end up costing a few high level people their jobs when this is over.

people should have already lost their jobs over this regardless of how the administration spun this.

Talk of impeachment is ridiculous and even talk of criminal prosecution is not merited (as you suggest) unless there is some serious perjury.

I would like to have answers to some key questions but am not sure this will not end up hurting Republicans more than the POTUS and HC

Question for everyone:

Ignoring all that should have happened and all of the aftermath of this incident.............

What do you think the US personnel were doing in Bengazi leading up to this incident?

Question for everyone:

Ignoring all that should have happened and all of the aftermath of this incident.............

What do you think the US personnel were doing in Bengazi leading up to this incident?

Calling Hillary, asking for more protection?

Reactions: 3 people
Question for everyone:

arms to someone(s) or other covert action

people should have already lost their jobs over this regardless of how the administration spun this.

Talk of impeachment is ridiculous and even talk of criminal prosecution is not merited (as you suggest) unless there is some serious perjury.

I would like to have answers to some key questions but am not sure this will not end up hurting Republicans more than the POTUS and HC

I don't care how this goes and who it hurts or helps but it is way past time for the truth to come out.

Hope they find it.

Question for everyone:

Lining up prostitutes for the Secret Service?

I definitely think this was the most likely scenario. It explains why there was no rescue mission and very few details have come out

This was the issue. Problem is if the truth comes out a very big and very long term program gets brought out into the open. Several programs. Under several Presidents. Not sure very many insiders in DC really want the truth coming out for the implications involved.

I don't care how this goes and who it hurts or helps but it is way past time for the truth to come out.

Hope they find it.

The notion that these emails change anything is ludicrous. It has been known, through the three other investigations and multitude of hearings, that there was initially a belief that the attack on Bengahzi was connected to the protests over the video occurring at the same time.

So, that was the administration's first comment. That was how it was presented by Susan Rice in the first interviews of administration officials.

In the several DAYS (that's days, not weeks or months) that followed, intelligence reports came in that indicated it was more organized than that, perhaps pre-planned, and so the message was changed, over the course of days to reflect that.

And so within days the administration, including Obama himself, was calling it a terror attack.

The GOP is hung up on trying to make someone, anyone, a liar, about something, anything, so they can imprint the word "scandal" onto this. Consider these latest emails. They show the intelligence community and the administration coming up with the initial correct wording.

So?

That was the period in which there was confusion, even within the State Dept. and CIA, and at least among them, as to what exactly had occurred. That is what was changed in days when it became clearer as to events.

I have brought up in this thread a dozen times, and no one has ever refuted it, that the only argument anyone has ever come up with as to motive to "lie" or "cover-up" is the election. But that was months away, and this occurred in September and within days was corrected so as to be characterized as terror. The entire GOP theory makes no sense because the record clearly reflects that the characterization of this was changed days later, and months before the election.

As noted on the radio this morning, Benghazi is the safest thing for anyone running for a GOP seat can bring up. Its the one thing that the ENTIRE party can get behind, because it has become a proxy for all things Obama-hate related. It is the one thing that Lindsay Graham, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Sarah Palin, and everyone on Fox can agree to blast the administration over, even if its not a real controversy. You bring up any other issue and you start to see fracturing within the party. So if you want to cast a wide net for votes, Benghazi is the safe play.

This entire exercise is absolutely stupid at this point because NOTHING has changed since it first came out that matters to any real issue or problem.

This was the issue. Problem is if the truth comes out a very big and very long term program gets brought out into the open. Several programs. Under several Presidents. Not sure very many insiders in DC really want the truth coming out for the implications involved.

Is this what people want when they say the want to know the truth about Bengazi?

that there was initially a belief that the attack on Bengahzi was connected to the protests over the video occurring at the same time.

this is absolutely false. All info pointed to it having nothing to do with a drummed up video story trotted out by the WH. How anyone can still believe that is amazing to me

this is absolutely false. All info pointed to it having nothing to do with a drummed up video story trotted out by the WH. How anyone can still believe that is amazing to me

It's their story and they're sticking to it.

VN Store

Back