Breakdown Of Arrest / Citations

Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing is frowned upon... you know, cause I've been on a lot of campuses, and I tell you, people do that all the time.

Mr. Lippman: It's come to my attention that you and the cleaning woman have engaged in sexual intercourse on the desk in your office. Is that correct?

George Costanza: Who said that?

Mr. Lippman: She did.

George Costanza: [pause] Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorence on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing is frowned upon... you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you, people do that all the time.

Mr. Lippman: You're fired!

George Costanza: Well, you didn't have to say it like that.

Reactions: 3 people
This is actually a great team building event. Going to war, surviving a tragedy, getting arrested together....all are great tools for building a bond between players. Our team will be better due in part to this kind of exercise.

This is actually a great team building event. Going to war, surviving a tragedy, getting arrested together....all are great tools for building a bond between players. Our team will be better due in part to this kind of exercise.

Just as long as it only happens once or twice in a long time.

Bottom line, this is the kind of activity that knocks down bricks in the wall, and discourages other recruits from coming to UT. Butch will handle this. These guys need to be on a short leash. It's not the end of the world, but it cannot become the culture of this football team! If it does, you can just get used to 4-8 because that's about all we will ever be! C'mon guys, you are better than this. You have responsibilities now. It's time to be men! You signed the scholarship papers, and you took the responsibilities that came along with it. This is your time. The only people you are hurting really is yourself. Champions don't get arrested for resisting arrest! Let's put this behind us, and do better! Now!

Reactions: 2 people
The 18-year-olds are old enough to sacrifice their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan, for example, but too young to have a beer. Some things do not compute.

Reactions: 10 people
Bottom line, this is the kind of activity that knocks down bricks in the wall, and discourages other recruits from coming to UT. Butch will handle this. These guys need to be on a short leash. It's not the end of the world, but it cannot become the culture of this football team! If it does, you can just get used to 4-8 because that's about all we will ever be! C'mon guys, you are better than this. You have responsibilities now. It's time to be men! You signed the scholarship papers, and you took the responsibilities that came along with it. This is your time. The only people you are hurting really is yourself. Champions don't get arrested for resisting arrest! Let's put this behind us, and do better! Now!

Champions don't get arrested? You must be new to college football.

Reactions: 5 people
Bottom line, this is the kind of activity that knocks down bricks in the wall, and discourages other recruits from coming to UT.

that's a crazy overreaction. Underage consumption tickets won't even cause a ripple

Butch will handle this. These guys need to be on a short leash. It's not the end of the world, but it cannot become the culture of this football team! If it does, you can just get used to 4-8 because that's about all we will ever be! C'mon guys, you are better than this. You have responsibilities now. It's time to be men! You signed the scholarship papers, and you took the responsibilities that came along with it. This is your time. The only people you are hurting really is yourself. Champions don't get arrested for resisting arrest! Let's put this behind us, and do better! Now!

it was happening quite a bit when UT was fielding championship teams. They got caught being stupid college kids. Let's not make it out to be more than it really is

No, it doesn't. Maybe 10 yrs ago but Parents accept it and they will support the Coach's decision. There are way more serious issues at other schools.

As long as we are running a clean program with the NCAA and the internal Discipline is fair, then we are good to go and this will not affect any recruitment unless they are being recruited by a School Holier than Thou.

Zero citations handed out for Drunk and Disorderly plus zero drug charges. Hit frat row. If this affects the recruitment of a player then they are not going to go but to a very few select colleges....

Reactions: 1 person
life isn't fair. it happens. you weren't drinking and driving, so what do you care?

I have to disagree with you. An unlawful stop is an unlawful stop. We live in a day and age where police and government in general are overstepping their boundaries. I know first hand that rewards are giving out for the troopers who write the most DUIs in their region within the THP. People need stand up for their liberties and not be stepped on by the people that WE employ. This is why I care and I'm sure this what upset Bilbo about being wrongfully stopped.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people
but it cannot become the culture of this football team!

It's the culture of college. It happens on EVERY campus of EVERY major college. This is absolutely nothing new. Do I like it? No not at all but I'm at least prepared to accept the reality of it. Football players are going to party. They're going to drink. They're going to smoke weed. They're going to get arrested. It happens virtually everywhere. The question should never be IF this is going to happen. The question is when!

Champions don't get arrested for resisting arrest! Let's put this behind us, and do better! Now!

Good God! HOW many Florida players were arrested while Urban Meyer was coaching? How many SEC and National championships did they win? What about when Fulmer was winning SEC and National Championships? Exactly.

None that I know of...thought they would have girls at their parties tho.

Police very reluctant to arrest females. Too much of a hassle. I wonder how many Female police officers were there to make arrest.

I am sure that they did not want to jeopardize their job security.

Females are processed differently. LOL and the first time a Male Officer pats down a female its all over for him. I have seen some combative women in my day but most of them just sit back and watch.

If the fight started over a girl then you can assume their were at least 3 there, a pretty one. a fat one and an ugly one. LOL

ok, so here is what I am confused about. Several people are charged with providing alcohol to underage persons. Some of those people are also charged with resisiting arrest, while others are not charged with resisting arrest. So logically, since not everyone who was charged with providing alcohol to minors, why were some charged with resisting arrest when they weren't being arrested for providing alcohol to underage persons?

I'm sure there is a resonable explanation, and it may be that they were just being unruly so the cops didn't cut them any slack.

Stupid post. How am I over reacting? By saying it might not be so minor to CBJ? Resisting arrest is not minor. Idiots abound on here.:loco:

Not necessarily. I was actually charged with resisting arrest because I dropped my license in the floor while handing it to an officer. When I went to court it was dismissed in about 20 seconds. It's a very broad charge.

I did not see this posted, but could have missed it. Just thought most on VN would like to know who all was arrested or cited if they didn't already know.

Current players

Arrested

LB A.J. Johnson: providing alcohol to underage persons; resisting arrest

DT Danny O’Brien: underage consumption of alcohol; resisting arrest; false impersonation

Cited

LB Curtis Maggitt: providing alcohol to underage persons

LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin: providing alcohol to underage persons

LB Jakob Johnson: providing alcohol to underage persons

OL Dontavius Blair: underage drinking

DL Dimarya Mixon: underage drinking

CB Justin Coleman: underage drinking

DL Malik Brown: underage drinking

Former players

Arrested

Dontavis Sapp: providing alcohol to underage persons; resisting arrest

Isaac Mobley: underage drinking

Cited

Daniel Sola: underage drinking

Well this is the first I have ever heard of booze at a college house party. Might as well kick everyone of them off the team. They are beyond saving at this point.

I mean if they were doing something like this they may have be fornicating and cussing too.

Reactions: 4 people
Champions don't get arrested for resisting arrest!
Resisting arrest is a very gray area. Sometimes law enforcement like to sneak up behind someone they're going to arrest in order to get the handcuffs on. Especially when it concerns people bigger than them. The natural reaction is for the person to pull their arms away, turn around and look. Boom, there's your resisting arrest. That's all it takes. Not saying that's what happened here, but I'm not reading much into it.

Resisting arrest is a very gray area. Sometimes law enforcement like to sneak up behind someone they're going to arrest in order to get the handcuffs on. Especially when it concerns people bigger than them. The natural reaction is for the person to pull their arms away, turn around and look. Boom, there's your resisting arrest. That's all it takes. Not saying that's what happened here, but I'm not reading much into it.

Not to mention the fact that all these players were juiced up. You can't possibly think resisting arrest isn't going to happen.

I'm closing in on 50 and I'm still underage drinking.

CBJ should use me to set the example for the rest of the team. "BaldBiker will never get to suit up for any of our games! Let that be a lesson to the rest of you"!

Arguing with the cop is resisting if he wants it to be.

I wasn't there, so i dont know how bad this scene actually played out but I have dealt with Knoxville Police on several different occasions, and they are not easy to get along with... Ive nvr been arrested, but have seen ppl arrested that shouldnt have been. Those same ppl could have just went back inside and it wouldnt have hurt anyone. IMO, there's two kinds of cops, those who do it for the power and authority and those who want to serve their community.

85-90% are the former.

VN Store

Back