BR Way Too Early SEC PR

Pretty sure they lost about the same last year, if not more. According to Phil Steele's returning starters from 2014 they returned 5 on offense and 4 on Defense, so that would mean they actually lost more last year. The only D1 team that had fewer returning starters last yr was Utah St.

There is a reason Missouri is one of the most consistent teams in the SEC. They develop their players better than most so I think that is a big part of why they seem to rebound so well each year. Also that QB is 2-0 versus us and something like 10-3 SEC games. He is a shaky QB but still gets the job done.

LOL And UT is not "developing the players?"

I seriously dont know what your problem is, other than you posited a stupid opinion on the internet that you
are now attempting in vain to defend. Maybe you should just shut the hell up, thats probably your best option.

LOL And UT is not "developing the players?"

I seriously dont know what your problem is, other than you posited a stupid opinion on the internet that you
are now attempting in vain to defend. Maybe you should just shut the hell up, thats probably your best option.

You seem mad

rf0E2KS.gif

A big reason the Vandy game was a mess was no Jalen Hurd threat. Also, We are talking about this fall when the Vols O Line will have 9 more months of practice and conditioning. This fall we will have another running back to help Hurd. You Negas are going to be hating it when all these wins start coming in!:dance2:

I'm not a "nega". I'd love to see improvement and hopefully they do, but you can't just say Dobbs minimized or eliminated problems the oline was having when the same ones showed up fairly significantly again like two more games later (and for two more games).

(And as much as I loved the South Carolina win, they were probably the worst defense in the conference last year. Maybe even the worst we played.)

Hey princess :)

Pretty sure this has already been answered on the 1st page. Next season I would place us 3rd in SECe - behind Missouri & Georgia. I think it's fair to say we are probably the 3rd strongest team in the SECe going into next year. Don't think it's too extreme of a view...carry on :hi:

Arkansas isn't yet a top 5 SEC team but they may be close. I think they will be one of the stronger teams in the west next year, as well as LSU. They both return a lot of starters.

They lost their LB, Philon, Flowers (I think), Allen, and probably some others.

They are no better off than us and we play in a weaker division.

Pretty sure they lost about the same last year, if not more. According to Phil Steele's returning starters from 2014 they returned 5 on offense and 4 on Defense, so that would mean they actually lost more last year. The only D1 team that had fewer returning starters last yr was Utah St.

There is a reason Missouri is one of the most consistent teams in the SEC. They develop their players better than most so I think that is a big part of why they seem to rebound so well each year. Also that QB is 2-0 versus us and something like 10-3 SEC games. He is a shaky QB but still gets the job done.

I think their success has been more the result of the SEC East being down rather than anything Mizzou did. They are not an elite program. They've always been just above average.

I think we are on the way to being elite again which is why I don't think you can look at the last 2 years of Mizzou's success as being special. Just remember how bad they looked their first year in the SEC. I think that is their future moreso than the back to back east titles.

I think their success has been more the result of the SEC East being down rather than anything Mizzou did. They are not an elite program. They've always been just above average.

I think we are on the way to being elite again which is why I don't think you can look at the last 2 years of Mizzou's success as being special. Just remember how bad they looked their first year in the SEC. I think that is their future moreso than the back to back east titles.

Not to mention they are the luckiest team I've ever seen. Every team they play has lost their best player like the week before the game

Imo, Mizzou has been underrated by SEC fans because we are generally unfamiliar with their talent which is not great but not bad and some underestimated their coaching. Gary Pinkel is a very good coach and he had the luxury of having an excellent DC. Out of all of Mizzou's loses from this yrs squad, I believe none will be as damaging as the loss of their DC Dave Steckel.

Mizzou's position in the standings has had something to do with a weak east and a west schedule that allowed them to skip Bama, LSU and Auburn. They had a little luck in 13 as well by catching some teams at the right time but you have to tip your cap to the staff for getting the most out of their talent. We will get to see Barry Odom can keep that D playing to the level of Steckel's unit and that won't be an easy task.

VN Store

Back