BR Way Too Early SEC PR

I'm not going to really predict anything until FL starts shaping into something. Their D is still moving along right now.

UGA will fail, as usual. As much as I don't really mind the 'Dawgs, and I especially like Richt as a person, UGA tends to drop 1-3 games. Last year was FL and SCAR. I think this year UGA drops FL or SCAR + UT.

They lose to UT in OT after Chubbs fumbles into the inzone on 4th down. Vengeance!

Alright cool. Dominated a bowl game vs an uninspired Iowa team. No one besides our fanbase really thought it was impressive. We also scraped by a bad Vandy team in our last game of the season. Something tells me the best team in the East would probably handle the worst team in the SECE by 2 or 3 TDs - not 1 TD. JMO of course, but I think the SECE, in terms of "Power Rankings" looks more like:

1. Georgia
2. Missouri
3. Tennessee
4. Florida
5. South Carolina
6. Kentucky
7. Vandy

You are not off except for this. I had many a non Vol say how great the team looked against Iowa. Don't some you think nearly 15 more practices made this team better than when we played Vandy? Come on ........

I'm not going to really predict anything until FL starts shaping into something. Their D is still moving along right now.

UGA will fail, as usual. As much as I don't really mind the 'Dawgs, and I especially like Richt as a person, UGA tends to drop 1-3 games. Last year was FL and SCAR. I think this year UGA drops FL or SCAR + UT.

They lose to UT in OT after Chubbs fumbles into the inzone on 4th down. Vengeance!

Florida is shaping into something alright.

A 3 year rebuild.

Well TN's only weakness is the offensive line and Dobbs minimized that and the O Line has to be better. TN hasn't lost any real impact players except maybe Jordan Williams. Then you look at the early enrollees and the players who were injured who are coming back and this all equals to TN being be a very good team. GA and Missouri lose key players, SC is trending down and FL is a mess. KY and Vandy are what they are. Now anything can happen but if TN stays healthy there is no reason they can't win the East. We shall see but I can't wait because I think TN has turned the corner.

Well, against South Carolina, UK, and Iowa. Not so much that Missouri game...and Vanderbilt managed 3 sacks as well.

Well, against South Carolina, UK, and Iowa. Not so much that Missouri game...and Vanderbilt managed 3 sacks as well.

A big reason the Vandy game was a mess was no Jalen Hurd threat. Also, We are talking about this fall when the Vols O Line will have 9 more months of practice and conditioning. This fall we will have another running back to help Hurd. You Negas are going to be hating it when all these wins start coming in!:dance2:

I keep saying UK is improving, but damn...it's so hard to stay positive in the SEC. I truly believe, the same as UT fans believe in Jones, that Stoops is the right guy. The recruiting is better, and I think with a couple years we can really move up the ladder in the East. But it sucks that with all the improvement that we are still very likely to finish 2nd to last in the SEC. For 2015 I think we finish 2nd to last, but with a tiny bit more improvement, more than just in wins.

Part of this is the fact are schedule was in such a way we faced our toughest games last and almost all in a row. I think had our schedule been a little more mixed, and we win the same 5 games, but not all in the first stretch, the whole vibe is much better. But we were all left with a bad taste in the mouth (6 losses in a row) and its hard to remember the optimism that we had at 5-1. Still, 5-7 was a great move upward. We beat everyone we should beat, and probably should have beaten 3 teams we were underdogs against (instead of 1).

UT is harder to read. They could easily come out and win a couple huge upsets and be leading the East throughout the season. But they could easily trip up and lose a couple bad games. The homer in me wants to believe UK has a shot, but at this point I just hope we don't embarass ourselves again. I think with the East still in downward trending, UT is one of the few upward moving teams. Like the article says, if UT was stock it'd be in huge buy mode. I'll say they finish 1st, and it'll come down to that UGA game. UT has been painfully close a few times recently, and this would be the perfect year to beat the dawgs. More likely to be 2nd or 3rd, because UT is still a year away from titles in the league. But hopefully UT can take control of the East ...and maybe UK can sneak a few here and there and magically finish above USCjr or UF. Who knows. I cant wait for football.

We could be the 4th strongest team in the SEC regardless of what you say. Sorry if this comes as a shock.

Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, MSU and SC lost 9 or more starters. What comes as a shock is some fake UT
fan thinking we are still bottom of the pack.

So because I don't think Tennessee is the best team in the SECe or the 4th best team in the SEC I am "a fake fan". Lol you really are a grump.

No, somebody step on your ***** Kirby?

aww

tacIAxg.jpg

A big reason the Vandy game was a mess was no Jalen Hurd threat. Also, We are talking about this fall when the Vols O Line will have 9 more months of practice and conditioning. This fall we will have another running back to help Hurd. You Negas are going to be hating it when all these wins start coming in!:dance2:

Idiotic post is idiotic. "Negas" don't want TN to lose. Fans on this board want TN to win but simply have different expectations based on perspective. Why is that so hard?

So because I don't think Tennessee is the best team in the SECe or the 4th best team in the SEC I am "a fake fan". Lol you really are a grump.

In a random VN football thread you've made not just an effort but a valiant effort to talk down the VOLS.

In a random VN football thread you've made not just an effort but a valiant effort to talk down the VOLS.

A "valiant effort to talk down the Vols" Seriously coug, what? I said I don't think we should be ahead of LSU, Georgia, Missouri or Arkansas in a preseason power rankings poll. Then I said we struggled vs Vandy and beat an uninspired Iowa team. You are making a mountain out an ant hill.

A "valiant effort to talk down the Vols" Seriously coug, what? I said I don't think we should be ahead of LSU, Georgia, Missouri or Arkansas in a preseason power rankings poll. Then I said we struggled vs Vandy and beat an uninspired Iowa team. You are making a mountain out an ant hill.
Just, wow. You know Derek Mason called Vandy's defense verse us right? It was his first time doing so this year, and while he's not even a good head coach, he is arguably a great DC.

And don't even start with that uninspired BS. Did it cross your mind how inspired we were? We didn't just beat Iowa, we straight whooped em.

Last edited:

Where exactly do you think you would place us this season sweetcakes? I cant wait to hear this.

Where exactly do you think you would place us this season sweetcakes? I cant wait to hear this.

Hey princess :)

Pretty sure this has already been answered on the 1st page. Next season I would place us 3rd in SECe - behind Missouri & Georgia. I think it's fair to say we are probably the 3rd strongest team in the SECe going into next year. Don't think it's too extreme of a view...carry on :hi:

Oh but Arkansas is lol

Arkansas isn't yet a top 5 SEC team but they may be close. I think they will be one of the stronger teams in the west next year, as well as LSU. They both return a lot of starters.

Just, wow. You know Derek Mason called Vandy's defense verse us right? It was his first time doing so this year, and while he's not even a good head coach, he is arguably a great DC.

And don't even start with that uninspired BS. Did it cross your mind how inspired we were? We didn't just beat Iowa, we straight whooped em.

Iowa played slow, uninspired football. Fact

Tennessee played fast, inspired football. Fact

Don't even get me started on Mason. I find it funny that you are trying to give him credit for a bad performance on our part.

Iowa played slow, uninspired football. Fact

Tennessee played fast, inspired football. Fact

Don't even get me started on Mason. I find it funny that you are trying to give him credit for a bad performance on our part.

We did have a bad performance, but to not give him any credit as a defensive mind...I bet you think Muschamp is a bad DC as well.

Again, they're both terrible head coaches, but they know defense.

We did have a bad performance, but to not give him any credit as a defensive mind...I bet you think Muschamp is a bad DC as well.

Again, they're both terrible head coaches, but they know defense.
Suppose it's a different outlook for me. I thought our performance was based more on Dobbs having a bad day than Derek Mason calling the right plays. Muschamp is a fine DC. No doubts about that.

Suppose it's a different outlook for me. I thought our performance was based more on Dobbs having a bad day than Derek Mason calling the right plays. Muschamp is a fine DC. No doubts about that.

And I believe Dobbs' bad performance is a product of good defensive playcalling.

Regardless, we didn't look that good against Vandy, but we looked great vs Iowa. How much of the "great" has to do with Iowa being uninspired, I don't know.

Either way,no matter what our preseason ranking, analysts are taking notice of what's happening.

Hey princess :)

Pretty sure this has already been answered on the 1st page. Next season I would place us 3rd in SECe - behind Missouri & Georgia. I think it's fair to say we are probably the 3rd strongest team in the SECe going into next year. Don't think it's too extreme of a view...carry on :hi:

Missouri loses 9 starters, and their QB is worse than Joey Matthews. Try again Cupcake.

Missouri loses 9 starters, and their QB is worse than Joey Matthews. Try again Cupcake.

Pretty sure they lost about the same last year, if not more. According to Phil Steele's returning starters from 2014 they returned 5 on offense and 4 on Defense, so that would mean they actually lost more last year. The only D1 team that had fewer returning starters last yr was Utah St.

There is a reason Missouri is one of the most consistent teams in the SEC. They develop their players better than most so I think that is a big part of why they seem to rebound so well each year. Also that QB is 2-0 versus us and something like 10-3 SEC games. He is a shaky QB but still gets the job done.

VN Store

Back