Boycott Nike For the Lady Vols

Spencer Barnett (Graphic Artist and author of CheckerNeyland has come up with a MODERN take on the LV logo. What do you think
B6wVzy5CEAAe3kO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Spencer Barnett (Graphic Artist and author of CheckerNeyland has come up with a MODERN take on the LV logo. What do you think
B6wVzy5CEAAe3kO.jpg

Like it but with gule on it being a little blue, but that's an easy fix. However, hart seems to want to get rid of the "Lady", don't think he cares about logos. Spencer does good stuff:good!:

Reactions: 1 person
Dear VolNation,

As a long time supporter of the Lady Vols, I will be boycotting the purchase of new Nike Jerseys until the Athletic Department changes it's stance on the Lady Vol name and logo. I understand that the Basketball Lady Vols will not be affected, but that shouldn't change our stance. So while the Footballers will have shiney new nike uniforms for sale all over the place, i hope you will join me in not buying ANYTHING with a Swoosh on it until the AD changes the position and allows ALL FEMALE ATHLETES to have "Lady Vols" logo and name.

Signed
-A Loyal Vol, father of 2 current vols, husband of 1, father of future Lady Vol.

No problem at all w/ university dropping "Lady Vols" and going w/ only one name for the university sports. Honestly wish the women's basketball team didn't get the provision, but I understand the move, seeing as it is a nod to honor Pat Summitt and all the work she has done for women's sports in general.

Personally I'll be spending plenty of money on Nike gear and can't wait until adidas is out the door.

no problem at all w/ university dropping "lady vols" and going w/ only one name for the university sports. Honestly wish the women's basketball team didn't get the provision, but i understand the move, seeing as it is a nod to honor pat summitt and all the work she has done for women's sports in general.

Personally i'll be spending plenty of money on nike gear and can't wait until adidas is out the door.

There are two components to this: (1) Money-it is cheaper for a company like Nike to just make one type of Tennessee logo (power T) instead of tooling their factories in Vietnam for two different logos. (2) Political correctness-Athletic Departments have been using the idea that women are somehow not being treated equally if they have Lady "whatever" in their name. (However, this is just smokescreen for the money part.)

Might not miss my jersey sale, or my new running shoe sale, but if all the Lady Vol fans commit to the full boycott, then it will be an impact on Nike Sales numbers and they might address it with the university. $$$ is root of this, take their $$ and dave hart will pay attention.

Problem being that most Lady Vol fans get gear at Wal Mart or flea markets.

There are two components to this: (1) Money-it is cheaper for a company like Nike to just make one type of Tennessee logo (power T) instead of tooling their factories in Vietnam for two different logos. (2) Political correctness-Athletic Departments have been using the idea that women are somehow not being treated equally if they have Lady "whatever" in their name. (However, this is just smokescreen for the money part.)

If (1) is true, then isn't the AD doing the LEAST cost-effective thing by having 2 logos, one of which only applies to 1 team?

Is (2) their explanation for why they're doing this? I haven't really heard why they are imposing the change.

And surely after the lawsuits they don't expect anyone to believe that women and employees related to women's teams are being treated equally. :eek:lol:

Reactions: 2 people
If (1) is true, then isn't the AD doing the LEAST cost-effective thing by having 2 logos, one of which only applies to 1 team?

Is (2) their explanation for why they're doing this? I haven't really heard why they are imposing the change.

And surely after the lawsuits they don't expect anyone to believe that women and employees related to women's teams are being treated equally. :eek:lol:

(1) I will be surprised if you continue to see that brand sold in the bookstores or anywhere. You'll only see it on the Lady Vol Basketball players and in print for another year or two.
(2) Their explanation was that the traditional logo should be used for both teams and that men and women shouldn't be treated differently. And, that we needed to get with the trend in other programs.

(1) I will be surprised if you continue to see that brand sold in the bookstores or anywhere. You'll only see it on the Lady Vol Basketball players and in print for another year or two.
(2) Their explanation was that the traditional logo should be used for both teams and that men and women shouldn't be treated differently. And, that we needed to get with the trend in other programs.

In other words be politically correct? This PC crap has gone too far.

VN Store

Back