Bowl Bound and Set 2 SEC records no one wants too set!

red_air69

Rep'n Volnation in AF
Very, very excited about what Tennessee has accomplished this year! Been a long time since the pain we all felt watching Tennessee lose to North Carolina in a very controversial game ending fashion.

I will be going to any bowl they get invited too and Ill be sporting my newly acquired Tennessee gear my wife will be getting me for Christmas (FYI I ordered all of it myself haha!)

To all the negative fans I am not going to bash because your entitled to your own opinion. I know the game last night seemed tough because we didnt blowout Candy after they were talking all week including their coach. But we did, somehow, fight through the adversity and Josh Dobbs and Pig Howard (only offensive playmakers still healthy) we able to put enough points on the board to help the defense and win the game. Not to mention Cam Suttons awesome return (havent seen that since Patterson) for a TD.

And try for a second to think about the bottom line. Tennessee set two records no one wants to claim and they did it in the most powerful conference in 'Merica:

1. Most true freshman to EVER enter the field of play with 23.

AND

2. Replaced both Offensive and Defensive lines with new starters.

Both are HUGE, but you always hear about football being a line of scrimmage game and especially hear its a different breed in the SEC being a cut above in that aspect of the game. The fUTure is bright and I am so glad this team gets the extra month of football. Go vols!

Reactions: 31 people
I didn't know number 2 was a record. Can you let me know where you found that? Cite the source for number 2.

Nowhere in any of those articles does it say that's a record. It says they are the only FBS team to replace all their starters from the previous year. Nothing about it never happening before.

If your the only one that has ever achieved a certain stat, I guess that gives you the record. It at least puts you in limited company.

Reactions: 3 people
If your the only one that has ever achieved a certain stat, I guess that gives you the record. It at least puts you in limited company.

It doesn't say they are the only one to ever achieve it. It's stated they are the only team to do it from the previous year. For all I know, 10 teams may have had to do it the year before. And technically I guess it has to at least tie a record. But it's highly doubtful they were the first to do it.

Whether #2 is a record or not IMO is a moot point. The fact is that the statement is correct, and this team won 6 games in spite of some really bad luck injury wise, not to mention the instability of the program as a result of two previous two coaches. I have been a Vol fan since long before most of you were born, and I can say that I am as proud of the accomplishments of this team as any other one. GOVOLS!!!

Reactions: 6 people

No. It doesn't say "ever", only that we're the only one to have to replace this year. Two different things.

Whether #2 is a record or not IMO is a moot point. The fact is that the statement is correct, and this team won 6 games in spite of some really bad luck injury wise, not to mention the instability of the program as a result of two previous two coaches. I have been a Vol fan since long before most of you were born, and I can say that I am as proud of the accomplishments of this team as any other one. GOVOLS!!!

It's not a moot point....it invalidates the title and accuracy of the thread.

Reactions: 3 people
I would assume Marshall had to replace both their lines, ya know, what with the plane crash and all

Reactions: 1 person
Ill try and track down the article where it states that Tennessee is the only team in the history of the SEC to replace both the offensive and defensive line to start a season.

And btw Marshall isn't in the SEC.

It's not a moot point....it invalidates the title and accuracy of the thread.

Thank you. I do know it was a lot to overcome. And it put UT in a tough spot, but claiming it's a first is inaccurate.

Ill try and track down the article where it states that Tennessee is the only team in the history of the SEC to replace both the offensive and defensive line to start a season.

And btw Marshall isn't in the SEC.

The SEC was established in 1933. That's 81 years of football. I don't think that's the first time it's happened. I could be wrong of course. But I also don't see anywhere in the OP where you said it's an SEC first.

Yea I cant track it down. Maybe a little more time and ill see what I can pull up. I will say for a fact I have either heard it during a game or read it. Until I come up with something substantial Ill stand to be corrected.

But while tracking it down I did run into this article and I think its pretty cool how spot on this guy was. GO VOLS!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-depth-chart-schedule-football-four/11370961/

The SEC was established in 1933. That's 81 years of football. I don't think that's the first time it's happened. I could be wrong of course. But I also don't see anywhere in the OP where you said it's an SEC first.

Dude read the title of the freaking thread. Come on. I might not be able to produce but trying to split hairs because I can substantiate is a joke. Good try though.

Fact of the matter is I either misheard, someone misspoke, I misread, I misspoke, or it is indeed a fact

Reactions: 4 people
Yea I cant track it down. Maybe a little more time and ill see what I can pull up. I will say for a fact I have either heard it during a game or read it. Until I come up with something substantial Ill stand to be corrected.

But while tracking it down I did run into this article and I think its pretty cool how spot on this guy was. GO VOLS!

College Football Countdown | No. 68: Tennessee
And I missed the SEC in the thread title. So I stand corrected.

Dude read the title of the freaking thread. Come on. I might not be able to produce but trying to split hairs because I can substantiate is a joke. Good try though.

Fact of the matter is I either misheard, someone misspoke, I misread, I misspoke, or it is indeed a fact

I saw that after I posted. Didn't see it in the thread title. I just read the post itself and didn't see it. But I have to say if it were an SEC first it wouldn't be difficult to find. It would have been stated in all of the articles. Just a thought.

VN Store

Back