Bold Prediction - FL

Vols win time of possession battle. Defense is amazed at energy level they're able to carry into the 4th quarter having only been on the field 21 minutes going into the 4th quarter.

J. Kelly gets 18 carries for 93 (70 between tackles or off tackle runs) of the hardest fought yards a rationale human being could expect from a RB.
Our other 3 RB combine to be on the field 30 snaps. Together they total 15 carries for 72 rushing yards and 7 receptions 47 receiving yards.
Many claim J Kelly would have broken out if Butch hadn't rested him a coupe possessions.

QD is 24/32 passing 210 yrds. 3 throwaways to avoid sack, 2 overthrows taking shots down the field, 2 drops, 1 INT.
Fans bemoan he only had 2 completions of 20+yrds, ignore that 12 short yardage throws moved the chains.

Tuttles back! Austin Smith plays! Wiggins plays!!! Sapp plays!
Shoop stacks 8 in the box and dares Florida to try and run. Gators take the dare. Aided by broken assignments Gators bypass the unsealed edge for runs of 30+yards on two separate scoring drives. Gators finish day with 225 yards rushing.
Sunshine Pumpers exalt in holding them to 60% less rushing than our last power-5 opponent.
Negavols argue they had 40% less carries than our last power-5 opponent.

Ducks might pull trucks but wounded ducks don't fly pretty. Callaway has been stripped of all his air mile credits and is unable to assist those ugly pigskin chucks Florida heaves in the air. Florida finishes an abysmal 7/21 109 yrds passing with 3INT and 1TD.
45 of those yards and the TD courtesy of J. Martin on one play.

Vols win 17-14 despite being significantly out rushed.

Thank God for winning the turnover battle, special teams giving Florida a long field all day, and Florida penalties forcing passing downs and stalling their drives.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
We have 2 100 yard rushers( one is a QB)
We also have 2 100 yard receivers(one is a tight end)
We have 10 sacks
We return 3 KOs for TDs

Bold prediction: our defense will play much better but our offense sputters

Don't see that as bold. Our defense should continue to look better after GT, with Shy back and playing against a more traditional offense, and an offense with very little experience among skill players going against a solid defense oftentimes will "sputter". So that would seem a more likely than not scenario...so not really bold.

Bold prediction: McElwain arrested for public nudity in fish market just hours after game ends.

Okay, that may not be as bold as it initially sounds.... :)

My bold prediction is we take their soul and they won't win a game until Missouri. They are going to start the season 0-7 and 0-6 in the SEC play. That is my dream world.

John Kelly racks up 50 yards of sliding in the pouring rain. It is the most boring game you have ever watched in UT history. Final score 6-0. UT moves to 3-0.

Bold prediction: game gets out of hand for the gators and Florida fans start throwing piss balloons at each other. 😂

Florida 28
UT 24
Our offense is moderately productive and our defense blows it. My bold prediction is that we are going to make Florida's passing game and running game look like National contenders.

My bold prediction is we take their soul and they won't win a game until Missouri. They are going to start the season 0-7 and 0-6 in the SEC play. That is my dream world.

Better watch out.. Those Missouri fans support their team and can be VICIOUS.

Attachments

• missouri_fans.jpg
    missouri_fans.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 2
Florida 28
UT 24
Our offense is moderately productive and our defense blows it. My bold prediction is that we are going to make Florida's passing game and running game look like National contenders.

In the pick em thread, I posted a very similar score. You and me seem to be thinking a lot alike.

VN Store

Back