Bob Knight on Gameday just said...

For the first time in the Pearl era, we are going into March playing excellent basketball.

UMass was NOT put on probation, and now Memphis is looking at getting their wins and final four appearance reinstated. So ole Bob is looking at being wrong on three things in this thread. The probations Cal has put UMass and Memphis on AND UT being the most dangerous team in the tournament.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

It will definitely be interesting to watch us in the tourney. We had a VERY disappointing second half against Ohio State a few years back and I think that was our best chance. I'm more excited about next year with the recruiting class we have coming in. Either way, GO VOLS!!!

Wonder if Knight still stands behind his comments after watching the LSU game today.

Props to Knight. Anyone who dogs UK and talks up the Vols is fine by me :)

Knight speaks his mind when it comes to unethical coaches. Always has. When he was at Indiana, he would have nothing to do with Lou Henson for years because even if Henson himself wasn't cheating, everyone else connected with the program was, and Henson didn't do anything about it for years. (Given this, Bruce Pearl was probably on Knight's Christmas card list at the time.) He threatened to drop Kentucky off his schedule because of what was going on there. And he told anybody that would listen that they were cheating.

It doesn't shock me that he has no use for a sleazebag like Calipari.

VN Store

Back