Bob Knight on Gameday just said...

With the seed they are going to get, this team should be totally embarrassed if they lose in the first round.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If they end up with a five would it still be an embarrassment? I can see two or three potential twelve seeds giving us a hell of a game. That's not even mentioning the historical 5/12 upset.

If they end up with a five would it still be an embarrassment? I can see two or three potential twelve seeds giving us a hell of a game. That's not even mentioning the historical 5/12 upset.

That worked out well for Long Beach St.

Did he throw a chair? :dance2:

Also Kentucky coach is a criminal.:naughty:

Who wins SEC Tournament? :glare:

It's also a team that might not make it out of the first weekend. They're playing better right now though. We'll just have to see. It would be nice to finally make a deep run in the tourney.

Bobby Knight definitely knows his basketball. He knows Cal, too.

"We've gotten into this situation where integrity is really lacking, and that's why I'm glad I'm not coaching," he said. "You see we've got a coach at Kentucky who put two schools on probation, and he's still coaching. I really don't understand that."

UMass was NOT put on probation, and now Memphis is looking at getting their wins and final four appearance reinstated. So ole Bob is looking at being wrong on three things in this thread. The probations Cal has put UMass and Memphis on AND UT being the most dangerous team in the tournament.

All this talk means little if the Vols don't go out and prove it.

DUH!!! I guess we should all be quiet and shut down the board and not speak of the situation again......It's a message board dude, u know, for opinions,,,

This talk means little period, even if they win the National Championship....LOL..GBO:blink:

Last edited:
yes, dangerous as in..just when they're startin' to look great, they're likely to slip and hurt themselves. :)

i hope we win it, but we will be a 3 seed without that final win....

I agree, I say a Tourney title in the league gets us a 2 seed honestly. Because it would likely include ANOTHER win over KY. Were a 4 imo right now, good play in the league tourney (2 wins) gets us a 3, and a tourney title would put us at 2. Jmho!

UMass was NOT put on probation, and now Memphis is looking at getting their wins and final four appearance reinstated. So ole Bob is looking at being wrong on three things in this thread. The probations Cal has put UMass and Memphis on AND UT being the most dangerous team in the tournament.

Why are you here?

No offense to the Immortal Bob Knight (I love that guy btw), but DUH! We've beaten the #1 and #2 teams in the nation....Now I know those wins were @ Knoxville, but if fans show up to the ncaa tourney, then everything will be just fine :D

Best Bob Knight video EVER: YouTube - Bobby Knight Golf Outtakes

Given what has happened to this team during the year and the adversity it has fought through, I believe we can win the tournament. Especially since it is in Nashville. I'm glad we aren't at the GDome! Never liked that place for basketball. If we play like we did yesterday, then Bobby Knight's opinion may prove to be valid. This team is coming together and if that is the anticipated result you want to achieve at the end of the regular season (not how you begin but how you finish), then we should be singing Rocky Top for many, many more games. Go Vols!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you have some of Cal's "whiskey" to be drinking? Do you not have anything better to do than come to a rivals board and bash their team, who just happened to hand you your most recent loss?

I agree with Bobby Knight. It seems to follow Calipari. I hope for Kentucky's sake that he understands the NCAA eyes will be on him there. I think they should have asked themselves if the spoils are worth the cost of the hunt.

That is the same reason I believe it is good that Kiffin and Orgeron took their football recruiting practices elsewhere. There have been questions everywhere coach O has been.

i dont like this. i would rather fly under the radar than be jinxed by the talking heads at ESPN

DUH!!! I guess we should all be quiet and shut down the board and not speak of the situation again......It's a message board dude, u know, for opinions,,,This talk means little period, even if they win the National Championship....LOL..GBO:blink:

No, not everyone, just you.

You've already made your profound idiocy prominent before. Stop giving UK fans a bad name.

Can we get a tag for posting from one's Gulfstream IV like posting from a mobile. That way we know when KY statesman is en route to special spots.

Tennessee just getting MENTIONED by Knight and the other talking heads in the month of March for playing good basketball sounds fine to me.

The guys we're recruiting might like to hear it, too.

Yeah, UMass' 1996 Final Four is still recognized everywhere and Memphis is about to win an appeal with the NCAA, the same people who penalized them in the first place. Makes perfect sense :crazy::crazy:

VN Store

Back