Blame this loss on Bruce Pearl.

Are you that blinded? Tobias and Scotty were locks to come back had we not robbed Bruce of his job. I love how so many people can talk all-knowingly after the fact. Whats funny is that you think Bruce wouldn't take this years team to the tourney when last year's team woulda been by far his worse team in his tenure here.

wrong answer,Harris was a 1 and done and Hopson more than likely was gone.Neither 2 of these players were locks to return.Especially Harris

wrong answer,Harris was a 1 and done and Hopson more than likely was gone.Neither 2 of these players were locks to return.Especially Harris

They were both locks to leave. Coaching situation was irrelevant in both cases.

I swear, this school has some of the absolute stupidest fans on Earth. This is one of the few good boards on here, I'd prefer it not be ruined by "Pearl is the best coach EVER!!!" people.

For scheduling this game less than 3 days after returning from over a week in Maui. Team returned Fri. night around 9:00 PM and had to fly to Michigan and play this game against Oakland? Bad scheduling with nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Utterly stupid!!! I guess the last thing Pearl did before he was fired was put the 2011/2012 schedule together. Martin's crew put the schedule together. We are playing on Monday night because of $$$$$. TV dictates when we play.

If that was truly the case why didn't Harris declare as soon at the post game Presser vs Michigan? Why did his dad come out and say they had no clue? Why did it take Hopson and Harris 10 days to leave? I can't believe how many of you guys think they were more locks to leave than stay.

It's obvious that just because they watch UT doesn't mean they know what they are talking about! All this Pear Crap is IGNORANT!

I repeat. One Elite 8, three sweet sixteens, 6 straight NCAA tournament appearances, one SEC championship, school's first number one ranking. He had two teams that with a little luck could have won it all. He started winning day one and did not stop winning.

I am not saying he is the greatest coach ever, but he is one of the best. Very few coaches have as a good a record over the last 6 years. I will agree he may have had trouble getting in this year. However, the future would still be bright with this year's team plus Stokes coming in next year.

His outstanding accomplishments were not at a traditional power. He did this at Tennessee which has almost no basketball tradition. He also took the job against other's advice not to take the job.

As a Tennessee fan who has suffered through some of the worse basketball imagineable, I am very grateful for what he did for the basketball program. Hopefully his success will be carried on by others. Because of Pearl, Tennessee is no longer considered a bad job. His record speaks for itself. I don't know who you watch play basketball but stating that Pearl cannot coach is just not a true statement.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree they may have been a little tired. However, if Tennessee's defense does not get better then can forget about the NCAA tournament. One thing about Pearl's teams is that they generally played good defense. I believe with Pearl Tennessee would have beat Memphis and won tonight. Just a little bit of defense would have won both games.

Yeah, the one thing Pearl was known for was unbelievable defense, especially half-court defense. Since Pearl lost to this team last year with Harris and Hopson at home, you have every reason to believe he would have won last night, especially due to his great defense. Memphis, would have trouble scoring with Pearl and coach and that would have been an easy win, due to the great defense. Not sure which Pearl coached games you watched?

I repeat. One Elite 8, three sweet sixteens, 6 straight NCAA tournament appearances, one SEC championship, school's first number one ranking. He had two teams that with a little luck could have won it all. He started winning day one and did not stop winning.

I am not saying he is the greatest coach ever, but he is one of the best. Very few coaches have as a good a record over the last 6 years. I will agree he may have had trouble getting in this year. However, the future would still be bright with this year's team plus Stokes coming in next year.

His outstanding accomplishments were not at a traditional power. He did this at Tennessee which has almost no basketball tradition. He also took the job against other's advice not to take the job.

As a Tennessee fan who has suffered through some of the worse basketball imagineable, I am very grateful for what he did for the basketball program. Hopefully his success will be carried on by others. Because of Pearl, Tennessee is no longer considered a bad job. His record speaks for itself. I don't know who you watch play basketball but stating that Pearl cannot coach is just not a true statement.

I haven't bashed precious Pearl one time so you can stop listing all his accomplishments over and over again because it has nothing to do with the topic. You saying Pearl would have adjusted and slowed the pace against Memphis is speculation and Pearl's history does not support it. The end.

Obviously you are not one of them and it is obvious you are not a Tennessee fan either.

How do you figure?

You see, I haven't missed a home game, nor do I plan on missing one at all. I always support the team. That doesn't always mean I support the coach. Before the incident, I was still supportive of Bruce. Afterwards, he lost all my respect. I've always expressed my gratitude for what he did for the program, and I will always remain appreciative. I dare you to find a post of mine that says otherwise.

But Bruce Pearl no longer represents Tennessee basketball. It's time to move on. People claiming his return are flat out nuts. People already claiming CCM's failure are flat out nuts.

Lurk more before making such ridiculous comments.

What else can you expect when we have a large group of fans that are support certain coaches, rather than supporting the program.

What else can you expect when we have a large group of fans that are support certain coaches, rather than supporting the program.

Its not about supporting a certain coach. Its about supporting winning. Some of us were trying to tell you we did not want to return to mediocrity.

Reactions: 1 person
Its not about supporting a certain coach. Its about supporting winning. Some of us were trying to tell you we did not want to return to mediocrity.

that's great except this season was going to be mediocre no matter what

We were going to mediocrity this year, regardless of the coach. You can thank your hero for the roster we have now.

Guess it is best for some fans like you to really continue to live in La La land rather than accept reality. Too bad Pearl has the show cause and you can't continue to follow him with some other team. However, that clearly doesn't stop your hero worship of the man.

VN Store

Back