Blame this loss on Bruce Pearl.

Bruce would have beaten Memphis and Oakland.

Maybe duke even because odds are we have Scotty and Tobias still (maybe not Harris, but Scotty would've stayed)

And Golden/Maymon don't improve because of Bruce's inability to develop players, and McRae is still in the doghouse, and we don't get Washpun and Yemi, instead we lose out on Chris Jones and maybe get Kevin Ware, and he couldn't recruit for three years...

Pearl would not have waited a half to slow the tempo against Memphis. Tennessee would have beat Memphis easy if Pearl was coaching. No knock against Martin. He does not have the experience against Memphis that Pearl has. Tennessee has got to get better on defense. Golden and McCray can play. I have not seen the other teams play, but I would probably take these two guards over any other guards in the league with the exception of Kentucky's guards.

Pearl would not have waited a half to slow the tempo against Memphis. Tennessee would have beat Memphis easy if Pearl was coaching. No knock against Martin. He does not have the experience against Memphis that Pearl has. Tennessee has got to get better on defense. Golden and McCray can play. I have not seen the other teams play, but I would probably take these two guards over any other guards in the league with the exception of Kentucky's guards.

Yeah Pearl was known for being good at adjustments and slowing the pace. I swear, do some of you even watch UT?

Yeah Pearl was known for being good at adjustments and slowing the pace. I swear, do some of you even watch UT?

Elite 8, Three Sweet Sixteens, One SEC Title, 6 straight NCAA tournament appearances. He had two teams that were good enought to win the whole shooting match. Wow, he is an awful coach who did not know what he was doing. I cannot understand why people do not think he was an outstanding coach. He did this while inheriting a lousy basketball program. He started winning from day one.I only hope we can get half of this from Martin in the next 6 years. And last, but not least, if he was still the coach
Tennessee would be dancing this year.

Elite 8, Three Sweet Sixteens, One SEC Title, 6 straight NCAA tournament appearances. He had two teams that were good enought to win the whole shooting match. Wow, he is an awful coach who did not know what he was doing. I cannot understand why people do not think he was an outstanding coach. He did this while inheriting a lousy basketball program. He started winning from day one.I only hope we can get half of this from Martin in the next 6 years. And last, but not least, if he was still the coach

You think Pearl was going to the NCAAT with 7 scholarship players? Crack really is a Hell of a drug...

You think Pearl was going to the NCAAT with 7 scholarship players? Crack really is a Hell of a drug...

That's a good point. I do think Tennessee would have only one loss at this point and the SEC is weak this year. Tennessee would probably be on the bubble. Definitely not going to make with Martin.

That's a good point. I do think Tennessee would have only one loss at this point and the SEC is weak this year. Tennessee would probably be on the bubble. Definitely not going to make with Martin.

Yeah his great performance against Oakland last year is a good reason to think he would have beaten them at their place this year.

Last years team did not take that game seriously. Just 5 minutes of good defense would have won that game tonight. I like my chances of getting that from a proven winner than from an unproven Mid Major coach who I am beginning to have my doubts as to whether he can coach defense.

Last years team did not take that game seriously. Just 5 minutes of good defense would have won that game tonight. I like my chances of getting that from a proven winner than from an unproven Mid Major coach who I am beginning to have my doubts as to whether he can coach defense.

Sounds like a terrible excuse to me.

Elite 8, Three Sweet Sixteens, One SEC Title, 6 straight NCAA tournament appearances. He had two teams that were good enought to win the whole shooting match. Wow, he is an awful coach who did not know what he was doing. I cannot understand why people do not think he was an outstanding coach. He did this while inheriting a lousy basketball program. He started winning from day one.I only hope we can get half of this from Martin in the next 6 years. ]And last, but not least, if he was still the coach

I didn't say he wasn't a good coach, but you saying he would of adjusted and slowed the pace against Memphis, when that has never been his style of basketball, is an uninformed opinion and is pure speculation. Also, you're delusional if you think anyone, including Pearl, could take this team dancing...

I agree they may have been a little tired. However, if Tennessee's defense does not get better then can forget about the NCAA tournament. One thing about Pearl's teams is that they generally played good defense. I believe with Pearl Tennessee would have beat Memphis and won tonight. Just a little bit of defense would have won both games.

Tennessee can forget about any postseason tourney without Bruce...... UT Bball is in the tank for the next 4 years

You honestly think Pearl woulda ended his streak of consecutive tourney appearances here at UT this year?

You must be on something worse than crack

Keep the ridiculous speculations coming folks. They're getting good...

Are you that blinded? Tobias and Scotty were locks to come back had we not robbed Bruce of his job. I love how so many people can talk all-knowingly after the fact. Whats funny is that you think Bruce wouldn't take this years team to the tourney when last year's team woulda been by far his worse team in his tenure here.

Are you that blinded? Tobias and Scotty were locks to come back had we not robbed Bruce of his job. I love how so many people can talk all-knowingly after the fact. Whats funny is that you think Bruce wouldn't take this years team to the tourney when last year's team woulda been by far his worse team in his tenure here.

Tobias wasn't passing up a guaranteed 1st round draft pick and Scotty was mentally done with college. Neither one was coming back.

If you can't understand why Pearl was fired after getting a freaking SHOW CAUSE PENALTY, I assume you're incapable of posting anything intelligent, so enjoy Ignoreland, Junior.

I agree they may have been a little tired. However, if Tennessee's defense does not get better then can forget about the NCAA tournament. One thing about Pearl's teams is that they generally played good defense. I believe with Pearl Tennessee would have beat Memphis and won tonight. Just a little bit of defense would have won both games.

I liked Pearl but if he was coaching in Maui Tn would of got blowed out and his last 2 teams didnt play def.

VN Store

Back