Bigger bust, Stokes or Hopson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude is playing like a complete stud the last 6 games. Where was that the first half of the season? We might have been an NCAA tourney team had he played this way the entire season. Instead, we're NIT bound at best

Alright he's a bust. Nobody else has down games my bad you're correct. I hate to see when Hubbs comes in what you'll say.

I haven't read the whole thread and it's probably already been noted but Stokes should just now be getting his feet wet in conference play. Dude's still young.

Alright he's a bust. Nobody else has down games my bad you're correct. I hate to see when Hubbs comes in what you'll say.

Like I say, there were a lot of people questioning his play earlier this season. It wasn't just a couple of "down" games. I will agree he is now playing like I expected him to play coming into this season. Too bad it took half of a season to get him playing to his potential. NIT bound.

Like I say, there were a lot of people questioning his play earlier this season. It wasn't just a couple of "down" games. I will agree he is now playing like I expected him to play coming into this season. Too bad it took half of a season to get him playing to his potential. NIT bound.

Alright

Well considering this should really be Stokes freshman season I'd say Scotty no doubt. So inconsistent it was unreal to watch sometimes

The talent we have is 7th in the SEC, and I don't see the SEC getting in 7 teams so...

You're calling 2 4 star players and 1 5 star player the 7th best talent in the SEC? I don't think so. Name 6 teams with more talent.we have 3 Top 50 players on our team!

It's sad we just kicked Vandy's ass at their place and you are arguing about this.

Just sad.

You're calling 2 4 star players and 1 5 star player the 7th best talent in the SEC? I don't think so. Name 6 teams with more talent.we have 3 Top 50 players on our team!

We have 3 top 50 players that played tonight?

I've broke it down...8 man rotation (factoring in Mcbee, q, Reese, yemi) we have the 7th most talent. Kentucky, Florida, Missouri, Alabama, Ole Miss are all ahead of us.

My apologies, maybe 6th most talented roster, thought it was 7th. Point remains...don't think the SEC is getting 6 teams into the dance.

Last edited:
It's sad we just kicked Vandy's ass at their place and you are arguing about this.

Just sad.

Always great to beat Vandy, even when they suck. Bottom line is our team has underachieved this season and I don't get too excited about the NIT

Easy to jump on his bandwagon when he's playing we'll isn't it? I seem to recall a lot of people questioning Stokes, with good reason before he went on this 6 game tear.

There's a difference though. You called him a BUST. A bust, last I checked, would be defined as a player who fell way short of expectations for his entire career. Usually you can't call someone a bust until his career is over, BUT you calling Jarnell a bust implied to me that you didn't believe he'd ever reach those expectations. I took it as a prediction, and I think the rest of the board did as well.

1985, you were WRONG. Accept it, admit it, and let's move forward.

We have 3 top 50 players that played tonight?

I've broke it down...8 man rotation (factoring in Mcbee, q, Reese, yemi) we have the 7th most talent. Kentucky, Florida, Missouri, Alabama, Ole Miss are all ahead of us.

My apologies, maybe 6th most talented roster, thought it was 7th. Point remains...don't think the SEC is getting 6 teams.

Stokes, McRae and Golden were all top 50 players. 2 of them are upper classmen. You named 5 teams so I guess you meant we have the 6th best talent. However, No way Ole Miss AL, Mizzou have more talent in their top 3 players than we do.

There's a difference though. You called him a BUST. A bust, last I checked, would be defined as a player who fell way short of expectations for his entire career. Usually you can't call someone a bust until his career is over, BUT you calling Jarnell a bust implied to me that you didn't believe he'd ever reach those expectations. I took it as a prediction, and I think the rest of the board did as well.

1985, you were WRONG. Accept it, admit it, and let's move forward.
Nope, couldn't call him a bust for his career since he hadn't yet finished his career. I was basically stating he was a bust half way into his second year. He is finally living up to his Top 10 player billing and most would agree.

Stokes, McRae and Golden were all top 50 players. 2 of them are upper classmen. You named 5 teams so I guess you meant we have the 6th best talent. However, No way Ole Miss AL, Mizzou have more talent in their top 3 players than we do.

Reading comprehension much?

For starters golden wasn't top 50. Trae Golden - Yahoo! Sports

Second...it takes more than 3 guys to play. You said this "team"...this Tennessee "team" has the 6th most talent in the SEC.

Third...Alabama does actually have more talent in their top 3...look it up.

For starters golden wasn't top 50. Trae Golden - Yahoo! Sports

Second...it takes more than 3 guys to play. You said this "team"...this Tennessee "team" has the 6th most talent in the SEC.

Third...Alabama does actually have more talent in their top 3...look it up.

Ok, 3 top 63 players. So among teams top 3 players, we rank 4th in the SEC. Where are we in the SEC standings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back