Bigger bust, Stokes or Hopson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Im not. I simply found it very interesting to see those names being the center of this thread and wanted to share it with you all :-0

Nice game for the kid, 20 pts 10 rebs. Ok, now lets see if he can do that again the rest of this season. I know he has it in him, but will he? I hope he proves me wrong.

I am assuming you are just playing the board because nobody is that ignorant of the game.

Why am I trolling? lol So what, Ive been hard on Stokes lately. Why is that trolling? A troll to me is somebody that has no ties to UT and hates on us..thats a troll. I am an alum and fan, how can I troll on my own team? I expected more from Stokes, and now Im getting it. Good for him. LIke I said, its great to see him score 20 and board relentessly. I just EXPECT him to do this or come close every game. He is that good! Hes starting to act like the stud he is..good to see.

14 points
10 rebouns
57% shooting

In SEC play.

Again, trolling or don't know anything about basketball. Take your pick.

Sorry to call you out on the whole trolling thing, it was fun while it lasted. You probably could've carried it even farther but alas, you made it a little too obvious.

I get it guys, jezzus! lol Of course I dont expect him to have a dbl dbl night in and night out! Thats silly! I think Ive made somewhat of a menz with you guys regarding Stokes in my last 3-4 posts. I was hard on him and disappointed. What can I say? Im hard on my teams, its just me. I dont mean any harm to you guys at all. I really wish we could just respect each others opinions in the end.

I get it guys, jezzus! lol Of course I dont expect him to have a dbl dbl night in and night out! Thats silly! I think Ive made somewhat of a menz with you guys regarding Stokes in my last 3-4 posts. I was hard on him and disappointed. What can I say? Im hard on my teams, its just me. I dont mean any harm to you guys at all. I really wish we could just respect each others opinions in the end.

You just said that Stokes was a soft underachiever after his fifth straight double and he's average a double double in SEC play and shooting 57% from the field.

What did you expect?

Reactions: 1 person
I still do think hes a soft underachiever..Ive never changed my stance on that! lol I said its nice to finally see him score 20 pts and hit free-throws for once and that I hope he can continue to PROVE ME WRONG lol

I still do think hes a soft underachiever..Ive never changed my stance on that! lol I said its nice to finally see him score 20 pts and hit free-throws for once and that I hope he can continue to PROVE ME WRONG lol

Lucky for him, he doesn't have to prove jack to you.

Reactions: 1 person

Bless your little peapickin' heart.

Why am I trolling? lol So what, Ive been hard on Stokes lately. Why is that trolling? A troll to me is somebody that has no ties to UT and hates on us..thats a troll. I am an alum and fan, how can I troll on my own team? I expected more from Stokes, and now Im getting it. Good for him. LIke I said, its great to see him score 20 and board relentessly. I just EXPECT him to do this or come close every game. He is that good! Hes starting to act like the stud he is..good to see.

Frankly, Stokes will never do enough to impress you because you've already made your mind up on him. At the risk of you taking this personally, the problem with people like you, is that you are more interested in being right than being proven wrong, despite saying otherwise. You make snap judgements on these kids and no amount of improvement will stop you from nitpicking every minute detail of their game just to have something to hang your hat on. Example; Scotty Hopson. Not even a season averaging 17 ppg could make you appreciate his contributions. You didn't like him and you don't like Stokes. Doubt that will change despite anything he does. Hubbs better start off on a tangent. At the first sign of struggle, you'll write him off too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Frankly, Stokes will never do enough to impress you because you've already made your mind up on him. At the risk of you taking this personally, the problem with people like you, is that you are more interested in being right than being proven wrong, despite saying otherwise. You make snap judgements on these kids and no amount of improvement will stop you from nitpicking every minute detail of their game just to have something to hang your hat on. Example; Scotty Hopson. Not even a season averaging 17 ppg could make you appreciate his contributions. You didn't like him and you don't like Stokes. Doubt that will change despite anything he does. Hubbs better start off on a tangent. At the first sign of struggle, you'll write him off too.

Dude is Clay Travis without the radio show.

At this point in their career, I would have to say Stokes. He was a top 10 recruit? No way. He has shown me nothing to warrant that. Other than size, he doesn't have much game at this point in his career. Plays flat footed like he has cement in his shoes.

Hey yeah we would like to have a discussion with you.

1985 is the king of overreaction. 5 games into martins first year he declared marrying "THE MAN" and put all his faith in Martin leading us. Now a year later he's calling for his head.

One year into stokes career and he's declaring him a bust...only for stokes to be looking like an all-sec player now.

Patience is definitely not a strong suit of his.

Easy to jump on his bandwagon when he's playing we'll isn't it? I seem to recall a lot of people questioning Stokes, with good reason before he went on this 6 game tear.

1985 is the king of overreaction. 5 games into martins first year he declared marrying "THE MAN" and put all his faith in Martin leading us. Now a year later he's calling for his head.

One year into stokes career and he's declaring him a bust...only for stokes to be looking like an all-sec player now.

Patience is definitely not a strong suit of his.

Love the band wagon fans like yourself

Easy to jump on his bandwagon when he's playing we'll isn't it? I seem to recall a lot of people questioning Stokes, with good reason before he went on this 6 game tear.

If you want to go back to my past statements I NEVER jumped off the bandwagon you speak of. I'm just letting you know that you called him a bust barely into the season. Just eat your crow and let if go.

Just saying everyone including BTO was questioning Stokes earlier this season. Now, everyone is jumping on his bandwagon. I think we can all agree he is playing at a completely different level now vs. earlier this season when he looked completely uninterested.

If you want to go back to my past statements I NEVER jumped off the bandwagon you speak of. I'm just letting you know that you called him a bust barely into the season. Just eat your crow and let if go.

Dude is playing like a complete stud the last 6 games. Where was that the first half of the season? We might have been an NCAA tourney team had he played this way the entire season. Instead, we're NIT bound at best

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back