Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Forest People in Tennessee

With all due repsect FullFillmer, here's my issue with it and why the numbers don't add up for me.

In order for any species to survive, the absolute one thing it has to do is breed. Now, given the fact that sightings for these things have been going on for hundreds of years (counting Native American encounters), don't you think at some point this species would have bred themselves into a large enough population that undisputable evidence would have been discovered by this point, at LEAST by finding a body or a skeleton? Unless there's some underground bigfoot poaching organization that's killing them and keeping their numbers extremely low, it makes no sense that their population would stay so low that they would continue to be this elusive. I mean other than humans with rifles or the occassional encounter with a grizzly bear, a species like Bigfoot would have no predators. There's nothing out there that would keep their numbers down that low that they wouldn't have been discovered by now. By comparison, they outlawed deer hunting in my area around 10 years ago and in just those 10 years the population has grown so dense that you practically have to step over them when you hike the trails. Don't you think that at least on SOME level the bigfoot population would experience a similar type of growth spurt?

Yes actually their populations do and have grown in areas where the deer population has exploded.

Ok, where did I attack you or say anything contrary to your position? I stated my interest and asked for help. I'll check out the A&M research, but otherwise leave you to do your thing.

I'm familiar with the Ketchum story. For starters she's an unabashed pro-BF person, so skepticism would be built in. Then there's the big "uh-oh" in the serious scientific community; press release prior to any peer review. When it was published it was not in anything peer reviewed but, IIRC, some kind of online thing that she actually owned.

There's lots more but suffice to say I was greatly disheartened when he cited Ketchum...I was hoping something new had come along I hadn't heard about.

Found the Yeti no luck on his cousin Bigfoot. (I paid way to much for that Halloween outfit btw)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 6
Yes actually their populations do and have grown in areas where the deer population has exploded.

But you can't say that definitively without conclusive evidence (and by that I mean something like a body or clear, decisive video footage).

I'm like a lot of others on the board. I love the IDEA of the existence of Bigfoot. I remember as a kid in the 70's seeing the episode of Leonard Nimoy's "In Search Of" that talked about it and being fascinated with it for a time. However I haven't seen anything to make me say with any reasonable confidence that they're real in spite of one never being captured or caught on video that's not blurry or shaky.

You say definitively that "they're real." Based on what? Personal experience?

If someone shot and killed a Bigfoot would they not be charged with murder?

Interestingly I've had this round-tabled before and we decided that while it would almost certainly not be murder under any law we were familiar with it's possible that you could be charged with some kind of game law though. We also decided that the celebrity guaranteed by indisputably bagging a BF would have to be balanced by some pretty serious ire by a lot of people.

Interestingly I've had this round-tabled before and we decided that while it would almost certainly not be murder under any law we were familiar with it's possible that you could be charged with some kind of game law though. We also decided that the celebrity guaranteed by indisputably bagging a BF would have to be balanced by some pretty serious ire by a lot of people.

Game law? For something that didn't exist? I think it would moot on that issue. But on the other hand, after tests were done and it was learned they were closely related to humans, a murder charge could be forth coming I would think.

Do you have any audio recordings? I understand the "Bigfoot scream" as it is called is being suggested as evidence.

Art Bell Bigfoot Scream... - YouTube
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-OmzzsjGQ7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A big planet and a big universe so anything is possible. Extraordinary claims do require extraordinary proof, of course.

I'm familiar with the Ketchum story. For starters she's an unabashed pro-BF person, so skepticism would be built in. Then there's the big "uh-oh" in the serious scientific community; press release prior to any peer review. When it was published it was not in anything peer reviewed but, IIRC, some kind of online thing that she actually owned.

There's lots more but suffice to say I was greatly disheartened when he cited Ketchum...I was hoping something new had come along I hadn't heard about.

I cited Ketchum to move on and back to my focus - sightings in East Tennessee. Short of taking you with me and making you witness what I have witnessed and or having you talk to the 30 to 40 Native American friends that I have -- I don't have anything for you. This is a topic and a discussion I tried to avoid - please continue to believe as you currently believe and cast water on everything that doesn't meet your smell test.

Reactions: 1 person
I cited Ketchum to move on and back to my focus - sightings in East Tennessee. Short of taking you with me and making you witness what I have witnessed and or having you talk to the 30 to 40 Native American friends that I have -- I don't have anything for you. This is a topic and a discussion I tried to avoid - please continue to believe as you currently believe and cast water on everything that doesn't meet your smell test.

I would love to hear some of your stories.

But you can't say that definitively without conclusive evidence (and by that I mean something like a body or clear, decisive video footage).

I'm like a lot of others on the board. I love the IDEA of the existence of Bigfoot. I remember as a kid in the 70's seeing the episode of Leonard Nimoy's "In Search Of" that talked about it and being fascinated with it for a time. However I haven't seen anything to make me say with any reasonable confidence that they're real in spite of one never being captured or caught on video that's not blurry or shaky.

You say definitively that "they're real." Based on what? Personal experience?

Yes.

You have pictures?

Game law? For something that didn't exist? I think it would moot on that issue. But on the other hand, after tests were done and it was learned they were closely related to humans, a murder charge could be forth coming I would think.

I believe, in at least some states, you can't just shoot any animal unless it is classified in some manner and legal to shoot. (also note I said "it's possible" in my post, I think you'd agree we're in a bit of a grey area) The law can be weird. In TN for instance it's more correct to say that, even with a permit, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon in public. It is however a defense to that charge to have the permit.

It is an interesting question but it might be hard to make "kinda/sorta humanish" to work out to murder.

"would like to track down hot spots ( sighting or habitats) primarily in E. Tennessee."

If you are aware of a recent sighting or know of a habitat in East Tennessee please let me know -you can send it to the email address listed above.

If you are convinced that forest people don't exist then you probably are not aware of a recent sighting, etc. and you are probably not the target audience. :)

Thanks,

Did you catch this part of my post?

I was greatly disheartened when he cited Ketchum...I was hoping something new had come along I hadn't heard about

What this means is I genuinely hoped you DID have something, perhaps DNA related, that was peer reviewed and stood up under scrutiny...which the Ketchum testing does not.

Remember, I'm still very much of the "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" but I can't claim to be anything other than skeptical without more than what I've ever been shown on the topic.

Hell man, I hope you actually FIND the damn thing...I'll be able to tell my friends "No ****, I actually discussed BF with this guy on Volnation!".

"would like to track down hot spots ( sighting or habitats) primarily in E. Tennessee."

If you are aware of a recent sighting or know of a habitat in East Tennessee please let me know -you can send it to the email address listed above.

If you are convinced that forest people don't exist then you probably are not aware of a recent sighting, etc. and you are probably not the target audience. :)

Thanks,

Check the methadone clinics. Most are addicted to meth or prescription pain killers.

Bigfoots are protected under the Undiscovered Species Protection Act.

Any premeditated, willful and wanton slaying harassing or any malicious activities upon such creature shall be deemed a felony punishable by a fine not to exceed One hundred Thousand Dollars ($100.0000) and/or imprisonment, not to exceed ten (10) years

Any premeditated, willful and wanton slaying harassing or any malicious activities upon such creature shall be deemed a felony punishable by a fine not to exceed One hundred Thousand Dollars ($100.0000) and/or imprisonment, not to exceed ten (10) years

If you shoot Santa coming down the chimney do they charge you with murder or write it off as an accidental shooting or self defense from home invasion?

Reactions: 1 person

The Easter bunny scares me more. Rabbits do exist but no one has seen a walking talking one. We need LG on this.

VN Store

Back