Big money

Many people are saying, and I happen to agree, that this is the most important hire in the history of the Tennessee Football program. Now is the time to go all out, if no other time.

I mean when you look at his records he 100-85 overall and 5-4 in the playoffs. Don't get me wrong I think he could be a HUGE hire. But, if we were to spend that much money he would have to be a Nick Saban hire or it would not be worth it.

That is considered highly successful in the NFL.

It's a different, ever changing ballgame up that way, my man.

Having said all that, I will be SHOCKED if we are able to pull Gruden. I would love to be wrong, but I just don't see it.

I mainly just want a hire who brings with him past success and a promise of being here for a good while.

Thought I'd share this lame article from our local CBS affiliate about the big decision today. Love the title.

UT sports to contribute less to the rest of the university

UT sports to contribute less to the rest of the university - TriCities.com: Local News:

I don't know who wire services is, but they can't put together a full sentence. Plus I feel sorry for poor Dooley, they've got a pic of him from LaTech and the caption reads "The Son of former Georgia Coach Vince Dooley"

why is the football team giving away all these millions to the university--let them find their own money. UT needs all this cash to hire top coaches and pay off the buyouts of all these fired coaches, which will cost millions!

why is the football team giving away all these millions to the university--let them find their own money. UT needs all this cash to hire top coaches and pay off the buyouts of all these fired coaches, which will cost millions!

Amen Brother, Your preachin to the choir!!

Reactions: 1 person
Alrite you guys convinced me otherwise. I just don't understand how we are pulling all this money for the athletic facility, buying out most of the staff, and then going all out for Mr. Gruden. I think we may be putting all of our eggs in one basket in going for him. I would much rather go for the safer call in Charlie Strong. I love Gruden and think he would pull a ton of talent, but I don't know if he would be the best college coach.

Go big or go home.

Great news! In honor of Cheek's announcement, I made our usual annual donation to the football program and made a new donation to the engineering department academic scholarship fund. We are 100% behind the Top 25 initiative...but, we also bleed orange and want our football team back, so let's pull together and make it all work!

Reactions: 1 person
Alrite you guys convinced me otherwise. I just don't understand how we are pulling all this money for the athletic facility, buying out most of the staff, and then going all out for Mr. Gruden. I think we may be putting all of our eggs in one basket in going for him. I would much rather go for the safer call in Charlie Strong. I love Gruden and think he would pull a ton of talent, but I don't know if he would be the best college coach.

"You have to spend money to make money."

I would take Gruden over Strong all day long, but what do I know? GBO!!!

Dont know if posted yet but just fyi... (myknoxnews@knoxnews.com -) UT Athletics to halt contributions to academics for 3 years; $18 million will go toward coaching change.

Well he won't get all of it up front..

For winning 15 games and losing 21 times over the past three seasons, Derek Dooley walks away from Vol Ball with $5 million in parting gifts. In January, Dooley will start collecting monthly installments of $104,166.66 through 2016.

Step 1 in the Gruden plan. Check

This would certainly be nice. But what a disappointment it will be if we end up with Golden. I can't stand that thought. Strong, Stoops or Gruden would all be good choices. Golden would be another failure in the SEC. The Tony Basillo show said today that Golden was a front runner. If this is the case, Hart should be sent packing with Dooley. We can and must do better!

Well he won't get all of it up front..

For winning 15 games and losing 21 times over the past three seasons, Derek Dooley walks away from Vol Ball with $5 million in parting gifts. In January, Dooley will start collecting monthly installments of $104,166.66 through 2016.

That's probably fine with Dooles because this way he pays less taxes on his money.

Dont get me wrong this does indeed open more doors than we originally thought. I dont know that it is in the ballpark of gruden money though.

Louisville is not in the SEC... Louisville just this year got in the spotlight.. probably because they have 30 seniors playing.. Strong is not a Legitimate Proven Coach.. If TN does not hire I repeat a proven coach with a history of winning and building a program there will be alot empty seats in Neyland.. There wont be no here we go again ****.. its I am done.. no ticket sales .. there goes TN falling off the finacial cliff into Hades..

VN Store

Back