Big money boosters?

I don't have a list - but am interested to see if any of what I was just told is true...

I'll quote the text I received: "Butch has lost major boosters. $10M buyout is not a problem. Needs to win out minus Alabama. If not, expect word after LSU game."

Again I have no inside knowledge personally. But this guy is a friend and has been right on several other instances pertaining to UT athletics (mainly basketball).

I'm hoping some better-connected folks can either refute or confirm.

#FakeNews #AlternativeFacts

MadMen_2.jpg

I thought Butch's buyout went down from year to year. What happened? Did he get a new contract. Because the buyout should of been about half of that.

I will believe this when I see it.

There is no way that Butch is going 10-2 in any rational universe. But, I sincerely doubt he is fired after the LSU game if he is sitting at 8-3 or maybe even 7-4.

I too, will believe it when I see it. SEC record is key.

However, if he goes 6-2, think he will get his extension; 5-3 and he is put on notice for 2018 (if he is not already); 4-4 (again) and I think he is gone provided Phil and Currie have rustled up the $$$.

Oh about the boosters. They must not care that much anymore. This clown show has went on too long for anyone to really care that much.

Reactions: 1 person
You arm chair ADs and wannabe booster have NO IDEA how this works. If you did you would not waste your time posting such nonsense.

The mega rich boosters do not micro manage the UTAD. They are big picture guys; its how they got where they are in life. Fact is, UT has a brand new AD who will be allowed to do his job. Barring a collapse or scandal, BJ is coach here next year. By the way a collapse is not 8-4.

Reactions: 4 people
You arm chair ADs and wannabe booster have NO IDEA how this works. If you did you would not waste your time posting such nonsense.

The mega rich boosters do not micro manage the UTAD. They are big picture guys; its how they got where they are in life. Fact is, UT has a brand new AD who will be allowed to do his job. Barring a collapse or scandal, BJ is coach here next year. By the way a collapse is not 8-4.

Well right now, the brand is the laughing stock of CFB at the moment, and so is it's head coach, if that doesn't stir someone to make a change then nothing will

Reactions: 7 people
Thunder is not as favorable toward the University as he once was or used to be. Haslam is really really tight with his money now. He's got real world stuff going on now.

None of them are going to give $10 mil to a coach just to leave! Ludicris

Reactions: 2 people

He's not going 8-4.

Thunder is not as favorable toward the University as he once was or used to be. Haslam is really really tight with his money now. He's got real world stuff going on now.

TN doesn't need $10 mil from the boosters to buy Butch out.

I'd say this is more than likely the case. They're not going to bail them out on their bad coaching hires. I don't blame them, they keep doing it. It's like rewarding a kid for failure.The stands will have to empty out and likely will with awesome Butch at the controls. Only thing they listen to is loss of revenue.

#FakeNews #AlternativeFacts

Posing a question, opinion, or statement can hardly ever be taken as fact, regardless of subject matter. Certainly not in this instance.

This was not presented as news or fact. So while it could prove to be untrue, it is very pertinent in the what-if discussion of UT's football future - at least as much as it can be in a fan message board forum.

The problem with all this empty stands nonsense is that Currie and the athletic department really don't care about that or anything related to the stadium!

All of the tickets were purchased long before the start of the season! Season ticket holders, ticket outlets (stubhub, etc) and people who buy them to scalp. If someone doesn't renew them there are others standing in line. As far as comcessions go, all of that stuff was bid out and the rights sold to Mariott so the AD dept. doesn't care if one person purchases a drink or not! (Go back to the Fulmer years beginning in '02 then the Dooley era)

Where it does impact is in the merchandise dept. Then again, most of that income has already been recieved. So, they don't care!

2012 Home Attendance (DD last season):

Last Year (Butch BIG Year):

These numbers will sharply decline this season, and the rest will be history.

I don't have a list - but am interested to see if any of what I was just told is true...

I'll quote the text I received: "Butch has lost major boosters. $10M buyout is not a problem. Needs to win out minus Alabama. If not, expect word after LSU game."

Again I have no inside knowledge personally. But this guy is a friend and has been right on several other instances pertaining to UT athletics (mainly basketball).

This is very unlikely to be literally true, because that means they would announce a firing right after beating LSU to move to 8-3/4-3 with Vandy left. I think that would be unlike any firing in school history. If they announce midseason, it would likely happen after a loss, and not after the first win over a West team in years.

First, buyout isn't 10 million at the end of season...

Second, if it's not about money how did we end up with Dooley and Butch in the first place?

We have a billionaire booster. It's not about money. He gets what he wants when he wants it.

2012 Home Attendance (DD last season):

Last Year (Butch BIG Year):

These numbers will sharply decline this season, and the rest will be history.

Except they haven't declined and won't. With GA, LSU, and Vandy all at home- Neyland will be packed and rocking.

Well right now, the brand is the laughing stock of CFB at the moment, and so is it's head coach, if that doesn't stir someone to make a change then nothing will

The TN brand is the laughing stock of college football?? Overreact much ??

Not to be that guy but I did just read Bob Stoops started following a lot of our players on twitter.

People, who are willing to throw 10 million at something are usually expecting something in return like a Nick Saban-like coach. A has been noname won't get!

First, buyout isn't 10 million at the end of season...

Second, if it's not about money how did we end up with Dooley and Butch in the first place?
That's my whole point. Something isn't right. If these guys really invested any real money into this program anymore we wouldn't have had Dooley or Butch. That's bad return on a investment and that's how they look at it. So either the UTAD has alienated a bunch of folks or they never really gave big money to begin with.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back