Big Fish Predictions Thread

We get North. That's about it. Everyone else is just slightly considering UT at this point. Don't get your hopes up guys.

We get North. That's about it. Everyone else is just slightly considering UT at this point. Don't get your hopes up guys.

I sense a trend with you. Why don't you go spread your misery somewhere else...we have plenty of that here already.

We will lose. Don't get your hopes up. We suck. Period.

Let's enjoy the excitement before Saturday, because we will probably be 2-1 afterwards. Cheers though!!!

I have no confidence in Bray as a passer. He has not played a major SEC school besides Florida. Hope I'm wrong, but I think he will end up being our weakest link.

We will have a mediocre backfield with a below average offensive line again. We return the same crew this year on the OL and, based on their performance last year, they give me no reason to believe...

YES!!!!!!!! Another 3 star. Meanwhile, Vanderbilt gets another 4 star commit yesterday (a DE). Keep em comin' Coach Dooley!!

I sense a trend with you. Why don't you go spread your misery somewhere else...we have plenty of that here alread

We will lose. Don't get your hopes up. We suck. Period.

Let's enjoy the excitement before Saturday, because we will probably be 2-1 afterwards. Cheers though!!!

I have no confidence in Bray as a passer. He has not played a major SEC school besides Florida. Hope I'm wrong, but I think he will end up being our weakest link.

We will have a mediocre backfield with a below average offensive line again. We return the same crew this year on the OL and, based on their performance last year, they give me no reason to believe...

YES!!!!!!!! Another 3 star. Meanwhile, Vanderbilt gets another 4 star commit yesterday (a DE). Keep em comin' Coach Dooley!!

Who was right?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yep I'd say your right, especially if you don't consider

Lawson
North
Bell
Bellemy
Ford
Levenberry
Miller

Dude this is just your wish list. We may get one (maybe two) of these guys. But I think B. Jones will do well on the field regardless.

I give you credit for all but the O line... Sorry but anytime you go a whole season facing sec defenses with 80% of your plays being passing plays and you only give up 8 sacks all year long that makes your O line far better than below average. just saying

When Morris sent that tweet did he already know Ford decommitted for Auburn? Until or unless we know the answer that question, I believe Morris should be included on the list. Why does a committed recruit pick up a hat on signing day?

Dude this is just your wish list. We may get one (maybe two) of these guys. But I think B. Jones will do well on the field regardless.

The point is we are in on them, seriously in on them. Will we get them all? Highly doubtful but we are in on them enough that we stand a 50/50 chance at any of them.

Bellamy - Georgia
Ford - Auburn
Barber - Ole Miss
Ramsey - Florida
Morris - UCLA
Lawson - Auburn
Kamara - Alabama
Boyd - Pittsburgh
Johnson - Ohio State
Elder - Purdue
Turner - Cincinnati
Levenberry - UT
Miller - UT
Bell - UT
North - UT
Kondolo - UT
Dobbs - UT

Bellamy - Georgia
Ford - Auburn
Barber - Ole Miss
Ramsey - Florida
Morris - UCLA
Lawson - Auburn
Kamara - Alabama
Boyd - Pittsburgh
Johnson - Ohio State
Elder - Purdue
Turner - Cincinnati
Levenberry - UT
Miller - UT
Bell - UT
North - UT
Kondolo - UT
Dobbs - UT

Pretty much what I expect. I do think we could steal one of those first ten.

Thought this might be fun and interesting. Of all the "Big Fish" what's your predictions? Here's mine:

Lawson 52/48 with Auburn
North 70/30 with NC
Bell 92/8 with AL
Belamy 41/59 with GA
Miller 95/5 IDKU
Kondolo 90/5/5 Neb/UTS
Dobbs 60/40 with Clemson
Levenberry 68/32 FSU
Ford 48/52 Aub

Hope I didn't forget anybody. Feel free to add if I did.

fyp with my opinions

Lawson NO
North YES
Bell YES
Belemy YES
Miller YES
Kondolo YES
Dobbs YES
Levenberry YES
Ford NO

MY GUESS
-T-

Lawson - Vol
North - UNC
Bell - Vol
Bellamy - UGA
Miller - Vol
Kondolo - Vol
Dobbs - Vol
Levenberry - FSU
Ford - Aub

Lawson - Vol
North - Vol
Bell - Vol
Bellamy - UGA
Miller - Vol
Kondolo - Vol
Dobbs - ASU?
Levenberry - Vol
Ford - Aub

It's amazing how all over the place everyone is with their predictions. This signing day will be one of the most intriguing I can remember.

I say this is the year we get:

Gabe Wright
Lamar Dawson
D.J. Humphries
Markeith Ambles
Marlon Brown
Jeff Luc
Otha Peters
Dalton Santos

:rolleyes:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me every freakin' year, shame on me... I've stopped following recruiting b/c the one constant is that nothing is known until the LOI is actually signed and faxed. All we know for sure is that CBJ was behind big-time in putting together this class. It's also pretty safe to say that Dooley's recruiting efforts this last year were not what we need if we're going to return to respectability. Therefore my expectations have been adjusted downward accordingly. CBJ should be judged on next years class and he can start by building a fence around TN.

With all that said, there's a part of me that quietly wonders if our finances are far worse than any of us had ever imagined. The NFL fired 8-9 coaches, 2 weeks after we hired CBJ. If we had paid an extra 1-2mil per year for an NFL coach would that guy have landed a monster class in year 1? Would the extra money spent have been worth it? We'll never know but I wish nothing but the best for CBJ. He's our coach now.

Last edited:
I say this is the year we get:

Gabe Wright
Lamar Dawson
D.J. Humphries
Markeith Ambles
Marlon Brown
Jeff Luc
Otha Peters
Dalton Santos

:rolleyes:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me every freakin' year, shame on me... I've stopped following recruiting b/c the one constant is that nothing is known until the LOI is actually signed and faxed. All we know for sure is that CBJ was behind big-time in putting together this class. It's also pretty safe to say that Dooley's recruiting efforts this last year were not what we need if we're going to return to respectability. Therefore my expectations have been adjusted downward accordingly. CBJ should be judged on next years class and he can start by building a fence around TN.

With all that said, there's a part of me that quietly wonders if our finances are far worse than any of us had ever imagined. The NFL fired 8-9 coaches, 2 weeks after we hired CBJ. If we had paid an extra 1-2mil per year for an NFL coach would that guy have landed a monster class in year 1? Would the extra money spent have been worth it? We'll never know but I wish nothing but the best for CBJ. He's our coach now.

These ADs these days want to make a name for themselves. They like the thought of finding the "Diamond in the Rough". It's too early to tell whether Butch is a diamond or half-baked lump of coal. I am impressed with his work ethic and determination. If he can field a competitive team and win all the games he's favored in next year, win one he shouldn't and be competitive in the losses, the players will come and next year’s class should be more to what we expect in Volnation.

VN Store

Back