Better Call Saul

Tonight is it. The last we see of the BB universe.

I'm not convinced it totally is. Gilligan has said he's open to another show in the canon of BB but right now he doesn't have what he considers a good idea.

If 5 years from now there hasn't been anything or nothing is in production then I might believe it's done.

Reactions: mrorange211
I'm not convinced it totally is. Gilligan has said he's open to another show in the canon of BB but right now he doesn't have what he considers a good idea.

If 5 years from now there hasn't been anything or nothing is in production then I might believe it's done.
I just think everyone is too old. I think they cpuld do a show about Gus and mayne somehow include Lalo, but Gus is noticeablely older in BCS than he is in BB. If they made a new show it would be probably 2 or 3 years before it released, Gus will look like an old man by then.

I just don't think Gus can carry a show. Not even 1/2 of a show. I'd be bored to tears with a show that was half about him, forget about how annoying his Spanish accent is.

I'll say it again

Lalo spinoff

He's one of the best characters in the series and we didn't get enough from him. Still pissed about the way he went down.

I don't think that Lalo himself could carry a series. Now if you include the entire
Salamanca clan, that would be interesting.

Hector, don Eladio, the cousins, Lalo and all the others.

Reactions: kiddiedoc and McDad
unlike others, I don't expect Gilligan and Gould would destroy their legacy to keep it going. They know what they're doing. This is it.

The reason I think it's likely over is I don't know any characters left that are good enough to create a spinoff. I mean nobody is going to watch a Walt Jr. spinoff, characters like Badger and Skinny Pete aren't enough to carry a show, and they really can't go prequel because as was said everyone is getting too old to go even further backwards. Jesse is the only main character that I could see bringing back but then you'd almost have to have a copy of what happened with Saul, i.e. he either gets recognized or he gets back into the same crap as before; plus i think that would cheapen El Camino.

If he comes back to the universe it would almost have to be a soft reboot with new characters and just mentions of the previous events somehow; and that doesn't sound very Gilligan like.

It all ends tonight. I remember watching the season premiere in 2015 with my ex wife seems so long ago now. I hate to see this show end it’s been a good one.

Reactions: happy-go_vol

Gilligan came out this past week and stated tonight’s episode concludes all the BB universe. He’s moving on to another series already in preliminary development.

Gilligan came out this past week and stated tonight’s episode concludes all the BB universe. He’s moving on to another series already in preliminary development.

Yeah he says that now, and but I'm pretty sure it depends on what he does after. His first non BB show after BB, Battle Creek, was a dud.

VN Store

Back