Better Call Saul

I'm not ready to say this is as good as BB, but it's getting really close.

It is and it isn't. On the one hand, it may not ever be as thrilling as BB, but it's so much more realistic* and it's equally clever.

*It's probably safe to assume everyone has watched BB, but if not:

Perfect example: BB had the airplane crash that was a result of the domino effect from Walt's/Jesse's actions and debris lands on Walt's house...I'm not watching BCS and ever cynically thinking to myself "What are the odds of that happening?"

I'm kind of upset that I've caught up with this show, the waiting for episodes sucks

Yeah same here. I didn't start watching BB until a month or so before season 5 started. I'm used to just binge watching one episode right after the other.

I previously speculated that Chuck was going to sabotage Jimmy's new gig. Now realize that Saul did. Maybe realizing that Kim wanted a different version spurred that last night?

Is this it? Is Jimmy going to be fired over the commercial or is he going to be on thin ice and then the solicitation comes back on him. Seems like he can talk his way out of this one.

Did anyone else think for a second when Mike was going to meet that person that it could be Gus? The way they were playing it out, it crossed my mind. But that would still be a bit early to introduce that relationship.

Did anyone else think for a second when Mike was going to meet that person that it could be Gus? The way they were playing it out, it crossed my mind. But that would still be a bit early to introduce that relationship.
Me lol I hope he's in the show, loved his character.

I thought that too.

Me lol I hope he's in the show, loved his character.

I don't think it's been 100% officially confirmed, but I'm pretty sure I've read Gilligan is planning on him being introduced at some point in the series and Giancarlo Esposito has already said he'd definitely come back to play Gus.

I also caught Michael McKean on Jimmy Fallon last night, and he said he found out about the part of Chuck from Bryan Cranston. They were both on the play All the Way on Broadway and McKean said a few minutes before they were to go out, Cranston told him he should do the "spinoff of Breaking Bad they are working on". McKean said "wait, what?" and then they had to go out on stage, and then after the show Cranston told him about the part of Saul's brother and that he(Cranston) had suggested McKean to Gilligan for the part and that McKean should expect a call in the next few days.

Tuco returned last night. And another minor character from BB showed up, Lawson, the gun dealer.

And Krazy 8 too. He was the one being mad dogged by Tuco during that drug deal.

Oh yeah, I thought he looked familiar as well.

I'm going to have to go back and watch BB to make sure I don't miss any references. I like that they are throwing in small ones as well and not just great big ones that are obvious.

Wonder how the Ermantraut/Vietnam story will be revealed, they dropped a pretty good hint that there's something in his past there in his exchange with the arms dealer, enough to where I'd think it will be revisited eventually.

Makes sense that a retired Philly cop could have been a Nam sniper. His character has always been calm and studied...usually a few steps ahead of his adversary.

Just watched last nights episode. This show keeps getting better and better. Right now I'm more intrigued with Mike's story. He's such a bad ass.

VN Store

Back