Best whiskey for whiskey Coke

There are always a few snobs who turn their nose up at mixing anything with bourbon. Sometimes when you are tailgating on a hot September Saturday you don't want to just drink bourbon straight...or some people need to drink it mixed for a while before they can appreciate bourbon by itself.

Obviously you're not going to want to waste anything more than a ~$25 a bottle mixing but there's nothing wrong with mixing a lower shelf bourbon with soda.

There are always a few snobs who turn their nose up at mixing anything with bourbon. Sometimes when you are tailgating on a hot September Saturday you don't want to just drink bourbon straight...or some people need to drink it mixed for a while before they can appreciate bourbon by itself.

Obviously you're not going to want to waste anything more than ~$25 a bottle mixing but there's nothing wrong with mixing a lower shelf bourbon with soda.

I don't disagree with that, but some on here were talking about mixing blue label with coke. That's absurd.

Ancient Age is a good, inexpensive bourbon. I believe it has wheat as a secondary grain like Maker's does so it has a similar style profile.

Nerd clearly meant cocaine. :)

I'm talking more about these type of comments below...

I wasn't really turning my nose at mixing. Hell I mix from time to time. I usually use Buffalo Trace to mix with. It's an inexpensive whiskey that you can drink straight if you like and you don't feel bad mixing because it cost an arm and a leg.

I wasn't really turning my nose at mixing. Hell I mix from time to time. I usually use Buffalo Trace to mix with. It's an inexpensive whiskey that you can drink straight if you like and you don't feel bad mixing because it cost an arm and a leg.

Fair enough. I need some Buffalo Trace in my life. Burned out on it in college because it was such a good value for the taste. It is great mixed and straight up.

VN Store

Back