Best staff in America.

Don't talk them up to Pittman Disciples level either. :)

3gxZ_f-maxage-0.gif

Thread has officially hit rock bottom. No way but up now.

Yep you're correct. It kinda started out at bottom...rehashed quote from 4 years ago. But, everything is in scope of experience. From when he started at UT, he may have thought he had "best staff...or at least good cohesive unit to win" from being in lesser conferences...obviously that didn't play in SEC. It does seem he's making some pretty good moves, w/ no re-statement of "best staff in America". So, maybe he's learning. IF...big IF...but if he wins this year above expectations, then all the sudden, these rankings will start to look better...band wagon press folks jumping on...

Reactions: 2 people
Butch wont like this.

The Inside Read: Buzz on Alabama, Chip Kelly, Tennessee

“If he can’t tell you that you’re ‘the guy’, then why would you go there and be constantly overruled?” one Power 5 OC said. “What’s the point of being a coordinator? The money, I guess, but that’s about it.”

Shoop would be on notice in his second season — but, as one source reminded us, “they’re all on notice there.”

Reactions: 1 person
Really...who cares what some loser thinks on their website. Coaches say stuff when they're hired...Layne said he'd beat Florida, and that didn't happen either. Can't remember what Dooley said, other than something about showers and Rommel. The dude just upgraded his staff, which he needed to do. He has had two back to back 9 win seasons (not without plenty of flaws), and is busting his ass to win. He may or may not ultimately succeed but constantly picking the fly sh_t out of the pepper every little thing on Jones is crazy. Go Vols!

Somebody puts up a blog or publishes something with a media name and people drop everything and pay attention. It's still an opinion and quite possibly one that is looking or clicks and traffic.
Weird how much respect some give that.

It will probably take Trump for it to happen.

Trump reads volnation, I'm sure. He will probably tweet soon that not only do we have the bsia but that many natties are coming soon. Also that to make UT great again we should ask for Ivanka's clothes when shopping at Nordstrom's.

Reactions: 1 person
What do you want him to say?

"Our staff is decent but were not sure about a few guys."

Same thing with recruiting class.

"Well we had a decent class but a few too many 3 stars and I just dont believe in some of these guys"

Get real people, and stop hanging on every word the man says. Get a freaking life.

Reactions: 5 people
What do you want him to say?

"Our staff is decent but were not sure about a few guys."

Same thing with recruiting class.

"Well we had a decent class but a few too many 3 stars and I just dont believe in some of these guys"

Get real people, and stop hanging on every word the man says. Get a freaking life.
So, its not the Best Staff in America?

Here is a thought, express confidence and strenght in your class without opening up to ridicule by labeling them the best staff in America since they cant seem to field a team that can play good football for more than 2 quarters.

With CBJ, its not a single saying, its constant and each time he does it he its going to bring up all the previous dumb things. He seriously needs to hire a PR guy.

Reactions: 3 people
Just shut up and win. The hokie feel-good bullcrap wouldn't bother people if he didn't lay an egg against South Carolina and Vanderbilt.

So, its not the Best Staff in America?

Here is a thought, express confidence and strenght in your class without opening up to ridicule by labeling them the best staff in America since they cant seem to field a team that can play good football for more than 2 quarters.

With CBJ, its not a single saying, its constant and each time he does it he its going to bring up all the previous dumb things. He seriously needs to hire a PR guy.
But it's our "loyal" fanbase that keeps bringing it up. Why?!

The members of team 120's coaching staff are obviously not on there, but if team 121 can put it together on the field, I could see our new OC/TE and DB/ST coaches on there. And given how many instate recruits have mentioned Wells this past year, maybe our OL coach. if Gillespie pulls a couple of the RB's we're in on, I could see him on there as well.

VN Store

Back