Best bar to watch UT games in Nashville

Where did you grow up?
Inglewood/East Nashville for me...

and back to Donks, it's not bad to me, but, I grew up near there so I am used to it...I tend to think it would be a cultural shock to others though.

Haynes Manor. Culture shock is directly related to ones current culture. It's not like murders occur there daily or something.

We need to find central meeting location for away games, I need someone to yell at the TV with me.

I actually need to look up one of these places, as I will be in Nashville that weekend for a wedding and need a place to watch.

Corner Pub in Green Hills is always full of Vol fans on gameday. The manager and most of the bar staff are Vol fans. They have decent food and a good beer selection.

I will be at Donks for all games that I don't attend in person.
They have a huge projection screen and play the sound through out the bar.
Reggie Ridley loves the Vols and makes everyone feel at home while you are there.

Yep, that is the one. Grew up less than five minutes from where donks is. Not rough @ all.

Who said anything about gangja? Jonny's is a bar. That serves food & drinks.

I've lived less than five minutes from Jonny's since Nov. 1973. Great place to imbibe and catch the Vols.

I live in Nashville, TN now. I am sorry to bring up an old thread. I was just wondering if there is a new spot other than Donk's that everyone is planning on watching the games this year. I have never been to Donk's so that would be fine too. I was just hoping to set a good spot all of us Vol fans could meet up this year because I think its going to be a special year.

I'm glad this got resurrected. The Corner Pub Midtown is gone, Cross Corner in Brentwood is gone... I'm looking for a new home too.

Made the mistake of going to Dawghouse on Demonbreun for the Bama game last year, little did I know it's a Bama Alumni bar. Went to Jed's near Vandy campus for the UGA game, I've never seen so much red and black in my life. Sad thing is, everyone in Nashville seems to love Bama, Vandy or some other SEC team like UGA or Ole Miss. I have yet to find a gameday bar, and considering I was at UT for 6.5 years in undergrad, I know how to do my bar research. Hopefully someone can provide some input as to where to go. If all else fails Broadway Brewhouse in Midtown is a good place for football viewing in general.

Based on a website that reviews all the viewing party bars in Nashville (from 2014...), it says Crow's Nest in Green Hills is the best place to find fellow Vol fans. I've been there several times. Cool atmosphere, two story place, upstairs and downstairs patio, good food.

Made the mistake of going to Dawghouse on Demonbreun for the Bama game last year, little did I know it's a Bama Alumni bar. Went to Jed's near Vandy campus for the UGA game, I've never seen so much red and black in my life. Sad thing is, everyone in Nashville seems to love Bama, Vandy or some other SEC team like UGA or Ole Miss. I have yet to find a gameday bar, and considering I was at UT for 6.5 years in undergrad, I know how to do my bar research. Hopefully someone can provide some input as to where to go. If all else fails Broadway Brewhouse in Midtown is a good place for football viewing in general.

I was at Jed's for the 2013 UT vs Bama game. Miserable experience.

Nearly every sports bar in Middle TN on fall Saturdays is full of crimson. It's a disgusting sight.

Reactions: 1 person
Just saw where the UT Alumni Assoc. had a basketball viewing party here. Looks like a cool place.

M.L. Rose Craft Beer & Burgers
2535 Franklin Pike
Nashville, TN

ML Rose on Franklin is better than the one on Charlotte. Moderate amount of TVs, good bar food, good beer selection. I watched the 2014 UGA game there.

There are now two Double Dog locations in town. One in Hillsboro Village and one in Sylvan Park. They have an alright local beer selection, the food is meh, but it's a great place to watch a sporting event.

There's another bar in Sylvan Park called Beer Pale. They only have two TVs, but the beer selection is great and they have awesome bar food. I go there so often new employees are required to introduce themselves to me. :)

All three Edley's locations have good BBQ, a good beer selection, and plenty of TVs. You're going to find a lot of people not there to watch the game, tho.

I may have other suggestions. What's most important to you? Also, what part of town?

Five Points in East Nashville has a lot of cool places and bars for games. When Im in Nashville, that is my hang and my UT grad son lives in Edgefield, cool place.

All three Edley's locations have good BBQ, a good beer selection, and plenty of TVs. You're going to find a lot of people not there to watch the game, tho.

I may have other suggestions. What's most important to you? Also, what part of town?

Thanks. I was up this week and had lunch at Brewhouse South at Cool Springs. They have a great setup so that will be my temporary home til I figure out where the Alumni parties are located.

VN Store

Back