Beer (and beer pics!)

My favs:

-I'm not a Bud fan, but I do like Bud Select.
-Coors/Coors light
-Heiny
-Dos XX
-Anything Michelob, especially the new lime cactus.
-We ate at an Irish Pub at Downtown Disney. They had all the authentic Irish ales. Not into the Guiness, but they had a lighter brand, mor of a mid-brown and not quite as thick that was very righteous. Can't remember the name. They also had a hard cider that was fantastic.
-I like the fuller, heavier beers. I drink very little and drink it for enjoyment and not volume. Not big on the bitter after tastes, so you have to experiment with the full-bodied and dark beers to see what suites you.
-Sam Adams Summer Wheat also very good.
-Black Bush Irish whiskey is stellar and oh sooooo smoooooth. And not expensive at that.
-I prefer and enjoy wine and ports to most any poison of choice. Big wine fan. For ports, Benjamin is very good. Not a true Portuguese port, but a very fine Australian immitation.

Picked up some Boddingtons while I was out. We'll see how it fairs tomorrow.

If Boddington's is an Irish beer, I think that may be what I had in preference to the Guiness. Name sound familiar.

If Boddington's is an Irish beer, I think that may be what I had in preference to the Guiness. Name sound familiar.

My bad, I saw what I was looking for in another post. Smithwick's is what I'm thinking of and it is one of the best on my list ever.

But the Dos Equis (Verde?) in the green bottle is terrible and lime won't improve it at all.

I went to a Mexican restaurant and they told me that they had Dos Equis on tap. I was psyched and ordered one. It was that crap. I almost wrecked the joint.

I went to a Mexican restaurant and they told me that they had Dos Equis on tap. I was psyched and ordered one. It was that crap. I almost wrecked the joint.

It taste like someone ate a tubfull of asparagus and urinated straight into the mug.

yeah you have to ask for the amber. The lager is like the bud of mexico.

Boddingtons is UK

My bad, I saw what I was looking for in another post. Smithwick's is what I'm thinking of and it is one of the best on my list ever.

Smithwick wasn't too bad IMO. Real Irish

I haven't - did you like it?

Another one I thought of is Old Speckled Hen. Delicious.

Is OSH in a nitro can?

Is OSH in a nitro can?

I know it comes in those big cans and would guess it's got a plastic piece in it. I can't remember for sure, though. Like Guinness or Boddy's, it's best out of a can. Or on tap.

It's good stuff. If you like British beers you'll like it.

VN Store

Back