Beer (and beer pics!)

You guys tried any Dogfish Head or Magic Hat Beers?

Sweetwater is, of course, a home town favorite too.

I think Magic Hat Number 9 is excellent, but a little "fruity," so if you're not into experimental beers, it's not for you.

Dogfish Head makes a 90-minute IPA that rocks. Dixie Lee Liquors carries a number of their lines.

The Sweetwater beers are OK -- I think they get a lot of pub just for novelty. The "blue" is interesting.

I have to leave recommendations for Rogue brews. They make a BUNCH of styles, from pale and hoppy to thick, rich porters.

If you want heavy, I recently had a Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout. . . .whoa.

Oh, and Milo, YOU grow some:

Attachments

• double.jpg
    double.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 8
jumping in on one of my favorite pastimes, i'm usually into cheap American beer but recently found a german beer called HOEGAARDEN. Its fun to say and also has pouring directions; tastes pretty good too

jumping in on one of my favorite pastimes, i'm usually into cheap American beer but recently found a german beer called HOEGAARDEN. Its fun to say and also has pouring directions; tastes pretty good too

Haven't heard of that one. Does it say where in Germany that it is brewed on the bottle?

beer just makes you fat and lazy. try something invigorating

1497.gif

I will look and see if I can find some. What kind is it?

Ale, Lager....I'm not too fond of darker beers.

Dogfish specializes in Ales- some can get a bit dark- but most a medium bodied.

Magic Hat #9 is one of the tastiest beers ever! But it is hard to get in the south. Magic Hat is a small micro brewery in Vermont- so it's only sold in parts of New England. :banghead2:

I think Magic Hat Number 9 is excellent, but a little "fruity," so if you're not into experimental beers, it's not for you.

Dogfish Head makes a 90-minute IPA that rocks. Dixie Lee Liquors carries a number of their lines.

The Sweetwater beers are OK -- I think they get a lot of pub just for novelty. The "blue" is interesting.

I have to leave recommendations for Rogue brews. They make a BUNCH of styles, from pale and hoppy to thick, rich porters.

If you want heavy, I recently had a Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout. . . .whoa.

Oh, and Milo, YOU grow some:

ah- you've had #9?! Surprises me. It has a hint of apricot in it, yes. Quite light and refreshing.

The only Rogue beer I've had is Dead Guy Ale- loved it; it was a tap favorite for me.

What is this Double Bastard beer you speak of?

Samuel Smith's India Pale Ale is another favorite of mine. I prefer Newcastle on tap as opposed to the bottles as the bottles taste a little sweet, which is probably why you Marys like it.:p
:eek:lol::the_finger:

(though i do agree, it's better on tap.....as are most beers.....)

I was goint to try that the other day. Guess I will have to pick it up. The name is awesome:rock:

:rtfm:Down with Coors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got any good beer suggestions?

If you love Caffreys, as do I, you will at least like Boddington's (surprised nobody's mentioned it) or Smithwick's or Bellhaven. Kilkinney is another great british beer, but I haven't seen it stateside. For something darker but not too heavy, McEwan's Scotch Ale is very nice.

For lagers, I love Modelo Especial in the summertime. Kronenbourg 1664 is excellent - easily one of my favorite beers. You can't go wrong with Pilsner Urquell or Stella either. Hoegaarden is yummy too, but don't go to sleep on Shiner's Hefeweizen either.

I have had Boddingtons. Not too bad. And Tetley (SP?)

Have you ever heard of Warlick or Werlick Cream Ale?

I have had Smithwick but I am trying to find Nitro canned beers.

If you love Caffreys, as do I, you will at least like Boddington's (surprised nobody's mentioned it) or Smithwick's or Bellhaven. Kilkinney is another great british beer, but I haven't seen it stateside. For something darker but not too heavy, McEwan's Scotch Ale is very nice.

For lagers, I love Modelo Especial in the summertime. Kronenbourg 1664 is excellent - easily one of my favorite beers. You can't go wrong with Pilsner Urquell or Stella either. Hoegaarden is yummy too, but don't go to sleep on Shiner's Hefeweizen either.
think I mentioned Boddington's way back, but was ignored. It is a very good beer.

Nope....no Boddingtons mention:)

Pardon my smart-a$$ remarks
guess I didn't mention it. It gets my vote. your remarks don't bother me in the least. I wasn't trying to be a smart-azz, but I probably earned the response either way.

Magic Hat #9 is one of the tastiest beers ever! But it is hard to get in the south. Magic Hat is a small micro brewery in Vermont- so it's only sold in parts of New England.

Not so fast, my friend. I had it at the Brewer's Tent at Bonnaroo a couple of years ago, and then found it for retail sale at a corner market in Asheville's downtown square. I wish I could remember the name of that little place -- it's a food market with a side room that had a meager wine selection and one of the finest beer selections I've ever seen.

Props on the Belhaven mention. . . .the cream ale is fantastic on draft. Another old draft fav from the Flying Saucer days was Maredsous (aka "the Reaper").

Double Bastard is a limited release from Stone Brewing company (Stone Brewing Co.). It's big. REAL big. Not for the faint of heart.

Oh, nice with pulling out the "Vu," Hillbilly. Here's my favorite:

Attachments

• GLEN_port_wood.jpg
    GLEN_port_wood.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 7

VN Store

Back