Beer (and beer pics!)

I just hate how a lot of the response I'm getting on other forums is "well we don't have an income tax so it has to come from somewhere". They aren't looking into it. I don't mind a tax being levied on me for drinking beer, but to also have it levied against the brewer to the point that I don't even have the opportunity to drink it. They need to look into it.

I'm not sure how it compares, but breweries in Ohio are taxed to death as well. But they do alright. I think it's because Ohio is much more of a beer-drinkers state than Tennessee and are more easily supported.

However, it's an unavoidable fact that without an income tax, they have to get their revenue elsewhere. In the bible belt, booze is one of the easiest targets - production and consumption.

This stuff is hard to get, but it's one of my favorites at the moment.

White_Rajah_6pack.png

I kind of like Elevation Beer Company's platform of classifying their beers by the codes for ski trails, green for easiest (they start at blue square, though)and double black diamond for more complex, challenging beers. If it were me catagorizing beers, it would go something like this:

Bunny slope: BMC
Green: Most lagers, brown ales, pale ales, stout, etc
Blue: IPAs, Scotch Ale/Wee Heavy, Saison
Black Diamond: DIPA, Barleywine, RIS, BSDA or any Strong Ale
Double Black Diamond: Experimentals, Sours, Barrel Aged beers, chili

I know I'm leaving out a ton of styles, I'm just giving a small range of beers. SmokeySteve should do one based on classifying the lager styles by themselves because he knows waaaay more on the subject.

I'm not sure how it compares, but breweries in Ohio are taxed to death as well. But they do alright. I think it's because Ohio is much more of a beer-drinkers state than Tennessee and are more easily supported.

However, it's an unavoidable fact that without an income tax, they have to get their revenue elsewhere. In the bible belt, booze is one of the easiest targets - production and consumption.

Ohio taxes on breweries aren't anywhere close to what Tennessee's is.

I don't mind having to pay a tax on the beer I buy. What I hate again is not having to opportunity to buy it because the taxes on the breweries are so much they don't even distribute it. That's why breweries like Yazoo don't try a lot of experimental beers. They can't afford to make "less" of their staple beers or expand production.

Ohio taxes on breweries aren't anywhere close to what Tennessee's is.

I don't mind having to pay a tax on the beer I buy. What I hate again is not having to opportunity to buy it because the taxes on the breweries are so much they don't even distribute it. That's why breweries like Yazoo don't try a lot of experimental beers. They can't afford to make "less" of their staple beers or expand production.

Ok, well my point still stands. Good luck though :hi:

Sweetwater is way overrated. Their happy hour is pretty good though.

I love their IPA and some of the Dank Tank stuff. There is better out there by far but the SW IPA is the best that the store close to the house has. I have been diggin' the Bridgeport Hop Czar but I have to go way out of the way to get it.

I love their IPA and some of the Dank Tank stuff. There is better out there by far but the SW IPA is the best that the store close to the house has. I have been diggin' the Bridgeport Hop Czar but I have to go way out of the way to get it.

I'm not a fan of their IPA. About the only beer I like of theirs is Georgia Brown.

Boulevard's Nommo Dubbel is the best American version of the style I've had. Also on the docket is Trois Pistoles, breakfast Stout and No-Li Jet Star DIPA.

VN Store

Back