Beer (and beer pics!)

What are your favorites? Really enjoyed this one and RR Supplication.

We've had this discussion, and you are much more schooled in this style than I. I like the Saison Rue from the Bruery. My location makes my selection extremely limited. Most of the high gravity stuff is of the IPA variety, which is ok, but I have kind of passed out of the IPA phase. I prefer dopples, tripples, and quads right now. Very hard to get Saisons, lambics, and the like where I'm at. Very unfortunate.

We've had this discussion, and you are much more schooled in this style than I. I like the Saison Rue from the Bruery. My location makes my selection extremely limited. Most of the high gravity stuff is of the IPA variety, which is ok, but I have kind of passed out of the IPA phase. I prefer dopples, tripples, and quads right now. Very hard to get Saisons, lambics, and the like where I'm at. Very unfortunate.
I live in rural west TN. Pretty hard for me to find anything that doesn't end in "light".

We had an End of the World gathering at our local craft growler bar. No better way to go out than with a few good cold craft beers in hand.

Snapped a shot of this sign they have hanging while waiting for the earthquakes and volcanoes.

Really enjoyed Thirsty Dog's 12 Days of Xmas Winter Ale. Dark, robust and full of all kinds of flavors. Man, really falling in love with that brewery. How appropriate that they are in OH just like where we grabbed our new coach from.

Attachments

• Sign from WOT.jpg
    Sign from WOT.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 2
Been sampling lots of varieties. Some good stuff out there. It is different than what I was raised on in Germany. Used to what they call Fest Biers which are like an Octoberfest style on steroids.

Rock Bottom Brewery - Winter Tarten Ale. Surprisingly good. Bit light for winter beer with a Vanilla aftertaste. I wrote them off years ago but this wasn't that bad.

NoDas - Winter Crash Ale. Very good. Rich and Robust taste. Medium, not too heavy, not too light.

Triple C - Winter Ale. Solid winter ale with subtle vanilla taste.

Highland Brewery - Cold Mountain Winter Ale. Very good, hearty and balanced.

There is one I tried recently with a subtle Cherry finish which is probably my favorite and wouldn't you know I forgot which one and can't find it now..... story of my life.

Prost fellow VN beer lovers, enjoy the winter seasonals!

Attachments

• Highland Cold Mtn Winter Ale.jpg
    Highland Cold Mtn Winter Ale.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 2
Drinking a Crooked Stave Ocvlvs. Anyone else enjoy sours?

Not sure what is classified as sour. I kinda lump lots of them into a Belgian category. Does Hennepin count? I have been enjoying them but it is a mood thing.

You gotta visit The Trap Door if you ever make it to Greenville. This place has nothing but Belgians and everytime I go in there I sample a few. Never remember all the names but definitely lots of sours there.

Had a beer out of an interesting machine in Sasebo this past weekend.

Rocky - I tried one of these a few months ago in the Tokyo airport. Pretty cool. Those Japanese sure love their gadgets. Too bad the beer selection was limited.

Can you get any other Asian beers? I like Tiger from Singapore and San Miguel from Philippines. If you are lucky they may have an Australian or British selection. With the brit stuff you can get something closer to the dark ales and IPAs. I know Hong Kong has lots of that.

Hang in there bro :good!:

I tried this stuff. It may be he worst thing I have ever tasted.
Screen%2BShot%2B2012-02-04%2Bat%2B11.46.49%2BAM.png

Meanwhile, I also had a Rougue Yellow Snow IPA.......WOW!!! Is is spectacular.
tn_1777_RogueYellowSnowAleIPA_1285953258.jpg

I drink really good scotch but nothing beats an ice cold beer, cheaper the better! You can keep all your fancy import & craft beers, just give me a 30 pack of Busch Light! It makes being a Vol fan just a little more fun.

I had voodoo bacon maple AND Creme Bruleé back to back. Neither I thought were too bad. Rather enjoyed the Creme Bruleé.

Was the crime brûlée the southern tier? I had some and it was awful.

Was in Atlanta yesterday and filled some growlers. Love the red brick vanilla gorilla.

I drink really good scotch but nothing beats an ice cold beer, cheaper the better! You can keep all your fancy import & craft beers, just give me a 30 pack of Busch Light! It makes being a Vol fan just a little more fun.

I like good beer, but after a 8 or so does it really matter how it tastes? Lol

Had a beer out of an interesting machine in Sasebo this past weekend.

Rocky - I tried one of these a few months ago in the Tokyo airport. Pretty cool. Those Japanese sure love their gadgets. Too bad the beer selection was limited.

Can you get any other Asian beers? I like Tiger from Singapore and San Miguel from Philippines. If you are lucky they may have an Australian or British selection. With the brit stuff you can get something closer to the dark ales and IPAs. I know Hong Kong has lots of that.

Hang in there bro :good!:

The only options in grocery stores belong to Kirin or Asahi. I did find a nice import store in Sasebo, but that is an hour and a half away by bus. I come home in February so not too much longer.

Moccasin Bend Brewing Company Deal of the Day | Groupon Chattanooga

FYI for Moccasin Bend Brewery in Chattanooga.

I bought a VIP package for 2 ($35). Will go when we travel down for Christmas.

I don't have any pictures, as it was dark and nothing I took came out worth posting.

However, this place is literally a hole in the wall, but that's not to say it's a bad thing. Took a little finding, but it's about 3 blocks away from Mojo Burrito down in St. Elmo. They lease out the basement of an old warehouse building, and it's TINY.

The place is basically run by a dude and his wife (Chris and Sandy Hunt), and they've got a lead brewing assistant. Had about 10 brews on tap, all ale varieties -- they don't do any lagering, however, they have a chocolate stout that's quite delicious. They also have a high gravity sour that's interesting, and a high grav "Dead Ned" that's extrememly drinkable for about 11% alcohol.

If you're into the craft, especially home brewing at all, you gotta check this place out. Temper your expectations with a typical brewery visit, because it's not typical. It's very homey, and there are a surprising amount of college hipsters hanging around, but by no means is this place exclusive or even attempting exclusivity.

What amazes me is that they've been there about 4 years, and NO ONE knows about them. Chris is very open about his business, and my tour (there were 4 of us) lasted about 2.5 hours because I drilled hime about his marketing strategy, profitability, brewing styles, and just his overall plan for growth. They seem happy where they are, and like I said, it's a just homey little hole serving good beer.

It's not the best beer in the world, but it's good. The availability of the brewer and the whole setup of the place is just very welcoming, and I will definitely go back.

Drinking a Point Belgian White. At work. Good customer brought in a six pack. My favorite customers bring the beer.

VN Store

Back