Beer (and beer pics) II

Thanks for the suggestions! All those were places I’d scoped out, so glad to hear they are worth checking out.

How’s Barley? That’s one more I’d looked at as well.
Barley is good, lot of taps as well as coolers to pick from. No food but you can bring your own or have it delivered. Oddstory is the highly polished brewery, Hutton and Smith across the street is the brewery where you sit beside the tanks of beer. I like H&S beer better and they tend to have a bigger selection, but both have appeal. Oddstory is not open Sundays. Terminal by the Choo Choo also has good food and beer. Might as well go across the street and check out Chattanooga Whiskey if you’re over there. CBC beside Finley stadium also does a good job and next door Southside Social is a good bar to check out during daylight hours.

Reactions: WRU
Haven’t been to the East Nasty taproom, the Nations is just closer to me in Dickson.

Heaven and Ale is good. Had some of their sours at FunkFest and was impressed so wish they had more on right now tho.

Had a Crowler of one of their IPAs a few months ago. It was very impressive. Didn’t know Chatt had such a good brewery in it.

Had a Crowler of one of their IPAs a few months ago. It was very impressive. Didn’t know Chatt had such a good brewery in it.
Places like Big River and The Terminal have been around for a little bit (especially Big River) - they are also restaurants. A number of breweries that just brew beer (CBC, Heaven and Ale, Oddstory, Hutton & Smith, a couple others) have all popped up within the last 2-3 years. IMO, Heaven and Ale or Oddstory is the best out of them.

Reactions: WRU and 9296potsguy
Hiked up in Obed this Saturday and there just happens to be a microbrewery right outside the park. Good beer and good even a campground.

Lilly Pad Hopyard Brewery

Can't beat hiking and then straight to a pint!

Reactions: WRU
Hiked up in Obed this Saturday and there just happens to be a microbrewery right outside the park. Good beer and good even a campground.

Lilly Pad Hopyard Brewery

Can't beat hiking and then straight to a pint!

There is a beer garden in Muir Woods that has guest days where anyone can go. It is not far off the road, but you do actually have to hike to get there. It is pretty cool.

50456748_tTZsUYgk-EZvEVHNFYZw_xNQJjzDf_aCz_Mfti2ckuI.jpg

Reactions: RollerVol and WRU
Thanks for the suggestions! All those were places I’d scoped out, so glad to hear they are worth checking out.

How’s Barley? That’s one more I’d looked at as well.
Did you come to Chattanooga and visit any of those places? If so what'd you think of them and the city in general?

Did you come to Chattanooga and visit any of those places? If so what'd you think of them and the city in general?

I did come and Chattanooga has came a long way from what I remember. I went to Oddstory,Heaven & Ale, a The Flying Squirrel. I only stayed for one night, so I didn’t get to try everything but I enjoyed those spots.

Have a bomber from Oddstory, one of their anniversary beers, to try that I brought back.

Reactions: 05_never_again
At Asgard in Columbia, they have a few of their own stuff but they have a really good selection of Belgian bottles.

Nice. I'm headed to SD for a week in the middle of October. We get a lot of MT in Arizona but I've never been to their taproom

They have a couple. I have been to the Point Loma location, it is near Stone Liberty Station and the taprooms in OB, it is an easy stop on the way to the airport. The other is in North Park, a pretty cool hood.

They have a couple. I have been to the Point Loma location, it is near Stone Liberty Station and the taprooms in OB, it is an easy stop on the way to the airport. The other is in North Park, a pretty cool hood.
I'm staying downtown. What places should I hit?

I'm staying downtown. What places should I hit?

Stone Liberty Station is a cool spot to sit outside. I am a fan of Ocean Beach, a few breweries - Culture and Belching Beaver are good - and some good spots to eat. Hodad's has good burgers, South Beach Bar & Grill has pretty good fish tacos and Pizza Port usually has some good handles. North Park and Little Italy nearby also has some clusters of breweries. Farther north you have breweries in Miramar and Carlsbad. Fathom Bistro, Bait and Tackle is a cool spot on a pier on Shelter Island, they have a good tap selection.

If you get a chance, the beach towns in North County are cool, La Jolla, Solana Beach, Encinitas, Cardiff, Carlsbad. The Lost Abbey has a spot in Cardiff and Culture in Solana is pretty fun. Eat plenty of fish tacos. There are plenty of good breweries all over the area.

@SDV could offer suggestions as well. I do not spend time in downtown, my friends hate the Gaslamp district.

Going to try and get to Mikkeller and Pure Project

Good stops, AleSmith is right there also. I was going to mention White Labs which is up there also, they sell yeast, You can get flights of the same beer made with different yeasts. The beers are okay, but it is cool to see what the different yeasts bring.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
Stone Liberty Station is a cool spot to sit outside. I am a fan of Ocean Beach, a few breweries - Culture and Belching Beaver are good - and some good spots to eat. Hodad's has good burgers, South Beach Bar & Grill has pretty good fish tacos and Pizza Port usually has some good handles. North Park and Little Italy nearby also has some clusters of breweries. Farther north you have breweries in Miramar and Carlsbad. Fathom Bistro, Bait and Tackle is a cool spot on a pier on Shelter Island, they have a good tap selection.

If you get a chance, the beach towns in North County are cool, La Jolla, Solana Beach, Encinitas, Cardiff, Carlsbad. The Lost Abbey has a spot in Cardiff and Culture in Solana is pretty fun. Eat plenty of fish tacos. There are plenty of good breweries all over the area.

@SDV could offer suggestions as well. I do not spend time in downtown, my friends hate the Gaslamp district.
I always hit Pizza Port when I'm there and La Jolla beach is a must visit IMO.

VN Store

Back