Beer (and beer pics) II

Other than Alchemist and Allagash, any good New England breweries that anyone would recommend? I’m leaving out next Wednesday and will be in Rochester, NH for 13 weeks for a travel nursing contract.

Gonna break up the drive and stop in Cindy, Columbus/Cleveland, and Buffalo for the respective nights so anything good in those works too.

Other than Alchemist and Allagash, any good New England breweries that anyone would recommend? I’m leaving out next Wednesday and will be in Rochester, NH for 13 weeks for a travel nursing contract.

Gonna break up the drive and stop in Cindy, Columbus/Cleveland, and Buffalo for the respective nights so anything good in those works too.

Treehouse, Trillium, Other Half, Hill Farmstead, Maine Beer Co, Lawsons Finest Liquids

Reactions: 9296potsguy
Found a cool spot in Titusville, which I had never heard of, on the way back to Miami from Daytona, PlayaLinda brewing.

Right now our main focus is on Stouts (Traditional and Pastry), Kettle Sours, and IPAs....we have a solid home brew record with Hoppy Blondes, Saisons, and Pilsners. So we want to feature one of nearly all styles. 16 taps total, with 6-8 "always on" taps and 6-8 often rotating small batch taps. (small meaning under a barrel or 31 gallons)

We are currently putting Stouts into Barrels for aging, as well as spontaneous fermented wild and sour ales into Oak barrels for aging 1-2 years. Overall I just love making beer, im doing this with zero investors, zero help from family and friends, while my wife and I keep our day jobs for the time being until hopefully the brewery takes off and it will be our only job.

pictured below is a Pastry stout called From Bali with Smores, which was brewed with standard stout base malts, brown sugar, graham crackers, cocoa, marshmallow vodka soaked Balinese vanilla beans ( i actually got them in bali a few months back on vacation), also a kettle sour imperial Berliner Weiss, brewed with mangos from my back yard, and a Single IPA, NE style hopped with Citra and Mosaic hops

We have been lucky enough to have a huge following down here and some bars have let us pour for free to get samples out, as you can see form the below menu, and that beer is pictured above the menu

Are you pouring at Grovetoberfest?

Attachments

• 20181013_214912.jpg
    20181013_214912.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • 20181013_105337.jpg
    20181013_105337.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 20181013_124127.jpg
    20181013_124127.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 20181013_141311.jpg
    20181013_141311.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 5
Right now our main focus is on Stouts (Traditional and Pastry), Kettle Sours, and IPAs....we have a solid home brew record with Hoppy Blondes, Saisons, and Pilsners. So we want to feature one of nearly all styles. 16 taps total, with 6-8 "always on" taps and 6-8 often rotating small batch taps. (small meaning under a barrel or 31 gallons)

We are currently putting Stouts into Barrels for aging, as well as spontaneous fermented wild and sour ales into Oak barrels for aging 1-2 years. Overall I just love making beer, im doing this with zero investors, zero help from family and friends, while my wife and I keep our day jobs for the time being until hopefully the brewery takes off and it will be our only job.

pictured below is a Pastry stout called From Bali with Smores, which was brewed with standard stout base malts, brown sugar, graham crackers, cocoa, marshmallow vodka soaked Balinese vanilla beans ( i actually got them in bali a few months back on vacation), also a kettle sour imperial Berliner Weiss, brewed with mangos from my back yard, and a Single IPA, NE style hopped with Citra and Mosaic hops

We have been lucky enough to have a huge following down here and some bars have let us pour for free to get samples out, as you can see form the below menu, and that beer is pictured above the menu
Are you doing it full time now?

You had me at stouts.

Hope this works out, good luck!

Reactions: wesleydmartin
At Stone in San Diego. They like to stick with what they know. All of their ipas always taste pretty similar unless they throw weird hops in

I’ve had a few Mikkeller. Everything is just okay so far. Getting into stouts next

Attachments

• FD8C4103-6A3D-40DD-8E69-E8D75FCACDFB.jpeg
    FD8C4103-6A3D-40DD-8E69-E8D75FCACDFB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
All mikkeller. Triple ipa (farthest), BA w/ coconut, Porter collab with J Wakefield, Berliner

Attachments

• CC2F9CE1-2505-441B-BDAB-5424835B3BC9.jpeg
    CC2F9CE1-2505-441B-BDAB-5424835B3BC9.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
Haven’t had anything too mind blowing in the Northeast so far. Did have a pretty good one from Pretentious in Columbus on my way up tho.

New Hampshire. I just got in Sunday so I haven’t had a chance to venture out too much.
Are you looking for breweries in NH or to score things from the NE area.

Breweries in NH - Schilling Beer, Stoneface, Kelsen, Deciduous

NE Area: Alchemist (VT), Tree House (MA), Trillium (MA), Hill Farmstead (VT), Lawsons (VT), Other Half (NY), New England Brewing Co (CT), Fiddlehead (VT), Tilted Barn (RI), Bissell Bros (ME), Lord Hobo (MA)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back