Be honest, how many are not surprised at all by the outcome of the Bama game?

I actually got something right and said Bama would cover late off a tenn mistake... I thought it would be a lot more equal throughout. Didn't think the passing game would work and still lose

I told the friends I was with at halftime….this is either going to be an epic win, or an epic loss. There were no other possibilities.

I was not shocked we lost but I was shocked how well we played the first half against them and even more shocked how bad we did in the second compared to them.

What made this loss worse imo was how good we did half the game. We could have won this

Reactions: Noni
I still think if the officiating had been anywhere close to honesty the game would be much closer .........3 to 6 pts. at the most. Lots of home cooking in this game and many have video's to prove it.

Reactions: Volfan574
I had us losing 24-6. I was surprised we got two offensive touchdowns. I have no confidence in this offense against anyone decent, and won’t for the rest of the year. 24 was about right for offensive points generated by Bama.

Not at the outcome, but how we got there. Did not see dominating one half followed by being dominated the second half.

Reactions: VolByBirth
I think the overall final score didn’t surprise me, but how the game went did. I would have never guessed we would dominate in the first half, yet barely find the end zone. Then our O and D completely leave the stadium and letting them rattle off 27 straight. So 34-20 is not shocking, how it transpired kind of was.

Reactions: Volbrando and KHVol
What I'm more surprised with, is all the talkung heeads all prasing how bama played a perfect 2nd half. With no mention of help with the refs.

Reactions: Volfan574
I'm never surprised when we lose in Gainesville and i was far more shocked that we were dominating Alabama in Tuscaloosa at the half. I was not shocked that we lost the game. I figured 9-3/8-4 this season was the most likely outcome and this was one of the losses I expected.

Apparently some people really thought we could lose probably the best passing quarterback we've ever had, the most productive single season receiver we've ever had, another excellent receiver, and a top 10 NFL draft pick offensive lineman off a team still in rebuilding mode, and we'd be anything close to what we were last season and maybe better. Those people live in an alternate reality.
Alabama and Georgia lose NFL draft pick seniors ever year but never suffer any setback in play as a result. Tennessee has to keep stacking depth until we can say the same

The first half shocked the hell out of me. The second did too, but it shouldn't have.
True, but UT is the proud owner of not one but two 20 year losing streaks at 2 road venues. At some point, optimism when those games come up on the schedule becomes impossible. Call it BVS if you must, but it is history.

I told everybody at work the week before to watch Bama’s o line because they would not get called for holding at all and that we were playing 2 teams, Bama and the refs.
I knew it was going to be awful just based on what I had already seen in the previous games, especially Florida and Austin Peay. Oh well, didn’t realize it would be THAT bad.

Reactions: KHVol
I wasn’t surprised Bama would get a few calls and got the W. I was very surprised the officiating would be so blatantly one-sided. It was insane.
The one thing that surprised me was that there was not a bunch of makeup calls against Alabama once the final score was not questioned. That's what I've seen in a few previous games.

I didn't post it in the pick em thread but I told my son at half time, "I hope you enjoyed that because the avalanche is coming". I just had a feeling that we weren't gonna hold up. Plus, I figured the officials were gonna get involved...not that any of it matters. But no, I never let my hopes get up. Tends to be my M.O. in life.
The 1st half went about as I expected. I thought at half time the 2nd half was going to get ugly... but for Bama.

This is why I don't gamble.

It's been repeated so many times now on here that it's almost not worth saying but I guess I'll answer the question. Yes I was surprised. Just never thought it would be that blatant. From here on out I'll watch the big games more casually, knowing full well what's happening but maybe I'll be able to see some good plays here and there to offset it. Nothing is worth losing your sh1t over, especially when it becomes clear that it's not a fair contest.

I am curious if anyone else was not at all surprised by the outcome of the bama game.

I felt like we had the best chance in 20 years to beat them on the road. Honestly maybe even a better chance than beating them at home last year. This is not a very good Bama team but they are still talented so I wasn’t going to be surprised if we lost.

But I was shocked at how well it went in the first half and yeah I was surprised we weren’t able to hold on.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
As soon as Bama scored in the first drive of the second half, I triple fast forwarded the game (I tape 100% of all games) to the end because the outcome was inevitable.

Not surprised

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Al Orange
Shocked by the outcome? Not at all. Simply put Bama is the better team and that starts from the head coach down. Talent wins in this league. I was very shocked at the first half play by us. I would love to know what was said to the team during halftime because they went from looking like a Heupel coaches team to a Pruitt coached team who looked lost.

I felt like we had the best chance in 20 years to beat them on the road. Honestly maybe even a better chance than beating them at home last year. This is not a very good Bama team but they are still talented so I wasn’t going to be surprised if we lost.

But I was shocked at how well it went in the first half and yeah I was surprised we weren’t able to hold on.
You say they aren’t very good yet they just keep winning. Great teams find ways to win. Just like us in 1998. How many would say that team was as powerful as the 3 before it? Not many. But they kept winning.

The league isn’t even trying to hide it anymore
There's nothing anyone can or will do so why bother with the pretense? Like another group I know of these days...they'll do what they want and flip the bird to any and everyone else.

VN Store

Back