Be honest, how many are not surprised at all by the outcome of the Bama game?

Alabama and Georgia lose NFL draft pick seniors ever year but never suffer any setback in play as a result. Tennessee has to keep stacking depth until we can say the same
They are both not as good as normal because of what they lost at QB. We are still a couple of years away from approaching that kind of talent. People forget that we are still under scholarship reductions and what should be our upper classmen were decimated by the Pruitt fiasco.

I wasn’t surprised by the final score at all. Won two bets that Bama would cover - one at 9.5 and another at 13.5. That being said, I’d much rather have the win, but at least I got something out of it.

The most disappointing part is that we were in command at the half and let it slip away so quickly.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Not surprised at the outcome. I was surprised that we came out in the first half like we did. Huge progress dealing with the crowd noise of an away game. Still have hope for the UGA game.

Reactions: VolCalls
Should TN move to the ACC since the SEC officials screw them a lot? The Fla game was bad, even had a ref kick the ball to keep us from running a fast play. Bama never had one flag for multiple holding.

I actually had a good feeling about that game all week. I said "If Joe plays up to his potential, bama will be in trouble". And the First Half made me look good. Then the second half. Bama came out strong, and them and the officials stopped Tenn. STILL, If Joe doesn't fumble, the Vols go down and score, who knows? That fumble took the starch out of UT. Most disappointed that Tenn couldn't run the ball. Ran on everyone else. If it's that way vs uga, not good ...

If we were honest there should be a million vol fans raise their hands
Honestly?
Even with a down Alabama team, the Tenn roster does not come close to them and on the road.
A miracle first half is all that kept the game within three touchdowns
I am glad Vols are more competitive but talent gap between Bama and Georgia is too big to be more than hopeful
Not sure gap will close next year

Reactions: Vol Farmer
I went in thinking it could go either way. When it went to half time I thought, "wow we're killin them!" As I started coolin down during half time the BVS of we never do well both halves started sinking in. When we blew it in the 2nd half I wasn't suprised in the slightest. Felt like old times.

I was completely surprised by the first half, but expected the 2nd and predicted the refs involvement. Payback was due for last season and the refs didn't even try to hide it.

I was surprised we were up 20-7 at one point, and could have been up more. I’m surprised we scored 0 points in the second half. I’m not surprised the refs ensured they would win.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
They can say Bama isn't very good but bottom line is they are still a top tier football team. They haven't been dominating like they used to, but their entire team still knows how to keep winning and has the talent to do so.
It’s all winding down. Age gets us all.

I’m not because I predicted the score at 31-17 Alabama. Reason being and I posted her before the game, Milroe would hit us deep twice to go up two touchdowns. Well, he hit one with a no holding call and the other was the scoop and score that Alabama seems to get on us every game. You can’t beat them and the refs. The refs killed any chance at us stopping them and having a chance to win the game. Ridiculous

I actually had a good feeling about that game all week. I said "If Joe plays up to his potential, bama will be in trouble". And the First Half made me look good. Then the second half. Bama came out strong, and them and the officials stopped Tenn. STILL, If Joe doesn't fumble, the Vols go down and score, who knows? That fumble took the starch out of UT. Most disappointed that Tenn couldn't run the ball. Ran on everyone else. If it's that way vs uga, not good ...
On that fumble play Milton looked a lot like Guarantano, it was a coverage sack. He stayed in the pocket too long, when he saw he had no open receiver he should have tucked it ran, like Dobbs or Hooker would have most likely done.

1st & 20 after that choke holding no-call instead of a touchdown for them makes it a different ballgame. Whatever the hell they called on the kick return was bogus too.
The rule on the kick off was a fair call. People need to read the entire rule and application. Dee and the other player should have been taught by the coaches not to do that, it sucked but it was another bad mental lapse. That falls directly on the coaching staff.

Reactions: VolCalls
I didn't post it in the pick em thread but I told my son at half time, "I hope you enjoyed that because the avalanche is coming". I just had a feeling that we weren't gonna hold up. Plus, I figured the officials were gonna get involved...not that any of it matters. But no, I never let my hopes get up. Tends to be my M.O. in life.
So it’s all your fault!

The rule on the kick off was a fair call. People need to read the entire rule and application. Dee and the other player should have been taught by the coaches not to do that, it sucked but it was another bad mental lapse. That falls directly on the coaching staff.
Is the rule only relative to College FB?

Honestly?
Even with a down Alabama team, the Tenn roster does not come close to them and on the road.
A miracle first half is all that kept the game within three touchdowns
I am glad Vols are more competitive but talent gap between Bama and Georgia is too big to be more than hopeful
Not sure gap will close next year
Well stated my friend

I am curious if anyone else was not at all surprised by the outcome of the bama game.
I believe our team is average at best. I know my expectations for this team were really high until I watched the Bama game. Now I know we are an average team and I accept that.

I was not surprised at the outcome. I was surprised we were a 2/TD loser. I thought it would be 3 points or less either team.

VN Store

Back